• ZG Sport Screen is the Best

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • ZG Screen is average but a DB is great

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pine

Registered
With my 6'3" and 230 lb frame I have gone through 5 screens on my Gen 2 Busa in search for reasonable wind protection:
- Standard screen.
- Suzuki DB.
- Laminar Lip.
- Puig DB.
- ZG Sport Screen.

I have just tested my ZG Sport Screen and yes its the best of the lot.

At a speed up to 240 km (150 mph) per hour I felt safe and in control of the bike. As it was my first run I kept it down to 240 and will build up speed over time. My concern being that the screen will twist at higher speeds and might even collapse as its very thin!

As reported by others a slight crouch works best at speed. The screen forms a vacuum in which your upper body fits in nicely. If you lie down on the tank you actually get a blast of air coming from the bottom of the bike, most strange?
In that position you feel in control of the bike.

After I taped the screen on both sides installation was a breeze and the fit was nice and tight without a rattle. Thanks for the tape advice from previous posters.

In my opinion bigger guys shoud be using such a Sport Screen as apposed to a DB

Pine

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 007.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 009.jpg

Last edited:
If my Busa was a workhorse, then maybe. But if I needed a workhorse, I wouldn't ride a Busa!

Looks like another CHiPs screen to me. Totally ruins the lines of the bike.

The look is crazy ugly,but if it helps you then roll with it. I also am looking for more wind protection, Im looking at the sportech GP windscreens.

Last edited:
The look is crazy ugly,but if it helps you then roll with it. I also am looking for more wind protection, Im looking at the sportech GP windscreens.

It looks good and if it works for you go for it!

My previous bike was a Yamaha FZR which was one of the best 1 liter bike around that time. I bought the bike new and immediatly fell in love with it. The only bike that left it after 240 kmh was the Kawasaki ZZR which was king at that time. The screen was decent and worked best at high speeds. I never had to wear earplugs with it and my hearing is still very good.

Now the Busa 2008 is great bike with a great motor, good chassis etc but shame its screen is poor! The wind noise is deafening and for the first time I am now wearing earplugs. I actually like the looks of the Puig DB best but the ZG Sport screen is actually not that bad and is the closest to my old FZR from a wind protection point of view.

I will post a photo of me on the Busa and you will see the only big ugly thing on the bike is me!:laugh:

Please keep us informed on your new screen when purchased.

Regards
Pine

I would like to try one on a long trip but for daily driving, never.

I actually have Puig DB as well which I use on occasion.

South Africa is vast and we have the greatest roads to travel. The speed limit is reasonable at 120 kmph and if caught at 160 its not the end of the world. Our police are not unnecessary vindictive as in some countries. There is nothing as great as to cruise around 140 and on occasion to pass at a great speed.

My Busa is great and after the new exhaust squats on its back wheel when opening up and it is simply mind blowing.

However I need reasonable wind protection to enjoy the Busa fully. To lie on your tank all day or being blasted by the wind is no fun and distracts from the ride and our beautifull country.

Pine???

it doesnt do anything for me, dont like the looks, but hey, to each his own! What I find appealing may not be true with the next guy. Do what you like with your bike, its yours!! Each bike is its own work of art

That was cruel Pine:laugh:

I am just pulling your leg!:whistle:

I agree with you the Busa looks best standard or with a DB I simply prefer the ZG Sport Screen for wind protection.

Peace brother!:please:

However you must admit it does give the Busa a masculine look?
I mean the sheer size of it!:cheerleader:

Pine

Beauty.jpg

Last edited:
No harm done Pine. At this point in my life I don't care if I look like the Elephant Man as long as I can still get my leg over my bike and get down the road life is good:thumbsup:

Picture 001.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

Hi Boosta1395

Thats it no limit in age.

The point of life is to enjoy it!

Keep Well
Pine :cheerleader:

My wife and I.

Me.jpg

Last edited:
Back