Your EXPERIENCE needed about OIL

mihaink

Registered
Hi to All,

First off all, I searched on board but did not fully satisfied therefore I need advice according to followings. I do not want another Oil War to begin :whistle:

Mine 2006 only 3.500km on the clock (newly owned on jan 18) there is Nippon 10w 40 (semi sent.)on it -said the first owner.

I normaly like to ride in constant low speed for cruising & fuel economy.(2,5 USD / liter is "enough" expensive :banghead:) On open road I like to push hard up to the limit - 280-? km/h on the clock.

Nowadays I feel something like knocking on cold starts, when I pull the clutch knocking goes off (also after warm up)

At low rpm (2000-3500) sometimes I feel the clutch slips/lose seldomly.

I never experinced these problems before in my 2006 honda f4i nor 2005 kawa z750s

The list of the brand & type listed below , please share your experience about these brand & types.

1) Mobil 1 10W40 (semi sysentetic) or 15/50 fully syn.
2) Castrol Pow. 1 Racing 10w40(semi sysentetic)
3) Motul 300V 10W40 semi syn.
4) İpon 10W40 semi syn.
5) Shell Helix7 10w40(gas/diesel oil) or any 15/40 HDO
6) Elf 10w40 semi syn. or 10w60 fully syn.

Regards
:beerchug:

Use Mobil 1 4T 10W-40 full synthetic.

The engine noise on cold starts is normal for Gen1 Busa.

Gen1 Busa is 1999-2007 models
Posted via Mobile Device

[/size]

Mobil 15W/50 fully syn. is the only mobil one fully syn. is sold in Turkish market. What about 15/50 fully syn. ?

Spring : 15-23 'C
Summer: up to 35 'C
Fall / Winter : 0 10 'C

Re: Your OIL EXPERIENCE needed

i use amsoil full synth...no issues and 35-40 for full oil change every 8-10k milles actually cheaper than dino due to last longer

Yes that will work...but stay away from any of the 5w-30 or 10w-30's...they are "energy conserving" and have friction modifiers the will gum up the wet clutch. The 15w-50 does not have these...Mobil 1 4T 10w-40 is made for motorcycles with wet clutches. I have used the 15w-50 in 3 Busa's Gen1 + Gen2 and 2 CBR 1000's (Fireblade) since 2003 with no problems at all...
Posted via Mobile Device

i use amsoil full synth...no issues and 35-40 for full oil change every 8-10k milles actually cheaper than dino due to last longer

I wish to have Amsoil but it is not sold in Turkish market. So According to the brands&type above, I have to choose one of them but which one? ???

Amsoil published a techinal examination test result(I really do'nt know if it is objective but seems so brave then I believe it's true) I am really confused -except Amsoil-
Maybe use HDEO?

+1 what chrisjp said^. Do you have an aftermarket exhaust? When I had my Yosh RS3 full system it used to make a knocking noise like what you are talking about, but I never thought twice about it. I Just installed a full Brock Alien Head and no noises. Maybe that could be it, just a thought.

The engine noise on cold starts is normal for Gen1 Busa.

Gen1 Busa is 1999-2007 models
Posted via Mobile Device

+1 :beerchug: What I use make sure you have the correct idle rpms when warm, and use the fast idle when you start cold.

valvoline conventional cheap have had in my bike for 33kmiles under normal oil change rutines 3000-3500 never had problems that oil shoulf be available everywhere 4.00a quart

Woo Hoo! Another oil thread. :cheerleader:

wrong_internet.png

wrong_internet.png

from your list I've used thye following:

1) Mobil 1 15/50 fully syn.

3) Motul 300V 10W40 semi syn.

6) Elf 10w60 fully syn.

I've never had any problems with them. I've used other oils as well with no problems to report.

I made the jump to royal purple motorcycle.... Spendy but it was good to me last year.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks to all for valuable & honest comments. I decided to try PO brand (Petrol Ofisi -SAE 10w-40 semi syn. SG /MAJO - MA classified). It is a local brand in Turkish market and as cheap as to try for 2.000-3.000 mile.

After the Libyan crisis petrol & oil prices is increased again such as; 1 liter 95 octan petrol is above 2,5 USD (9,1 USD/us gal.) and 1 liter mobil 15w50 is above 15 USD. PO's 1 liter price is 5,6 USD.

Thanks anyway

Back