Yoshi RS-3, baffles removed

Spike

Donating Member
Registered
Hey folks,

Long time no "chat." Got a promotion lately and have been getting my people in line. I haven't had a chance to hit the boards recently.

So today... I decided to remove the baffles from my Yosh RS3's (slip ons.) Wow do they sound nice. I have to admit I haven't actually ridden it yet but idling in the garage and blipping the throttle a bit I have no doubt I am going to love this.

Now for the downside. With the reduced back pressure and increased airflow what do I need to keep an eye out for? What should change? Mileage? overheating? Performance? Anyone ever seen a change in the bike after removing the baffles?

Just for the record. They were held in with two Allen head screws, no tack weld or anything. Remove the screws and the baffles slipped right out.

Time to go mow the lawn and then I will check back. I hope everyone is well.

Thanks,
Mark

I have the same Yosh RS3's slip ons as you have but i DO NOT have removeable baffles on mine.I've looked all over for some sort of screws but there's notta!

Should be fine. Ride it and see if you feel a difference! But I think you will be fine!

All I have to say is WOW!

The sound below 3000 rpm is ASTOUNDING.

The sound above 3500 rpm is equally ASTOUNDING.

The sound between 3000-2500 rpm unfortunately makes me want to drive an ice pick into my ear. WAY too much bass. Just a short jaunt up to the gas station was too much. If I could kill that sound frequency though it would be perfect. Sadly I must put them back in because that is my cruising speed.

Thanks for the thoughts folks.

Back