removing baffles

OZZY

DOIN' WORK...
Donating Member
Registered
im being lazy and not using the search... is there any way to remove the baffles out of the yosh rs3 slip ons without cutting the mufflers open???

I think there are two types of RS3 mufflers. One of those types has a bolt that is back there by the tip, which allows the core to come out. The other, like mine, does not have the bolt - so maybe that type needs to be opened up.

I could be wrong, but that is something I thought i picked up on this site over the past year from other posts.

I think there are two types of RS3 mufflers. One of those types has a bolt that is back there by the tip, which allows the core to come out.  The other, like mine, does not have the bolt - so maybe that type needs to be opened up.  

I could be wrong, but that is something I thought i picked up on this site over the past year from other posts.
mine have what look like two set screws on top and bottom inside the can, but they appear to be welded...

Mine have the set screws with a token "dot" weld on them as well. Shouldn't be a big problem to knock that weld off but I am not the adventurous type:)

I took mine out this weekend. MUCH better!!!! The two bottom bolts came right out. The top two were not fun. The welds on them were strong. I stripped both screw heads out. It is so tight in there, you cab't even get a die grinder to it. I had to drill out the centers of both bolts. Then the core came right out with some wiggling.
winkold.gif

I took mine out this weekend. MUCH better!!!! The two bottom bolts came right out. The top two were not fun. The welds on them were strong. I stripped both screw heads out. It is so tight in there, you cab't even get a die grinder to it. I had to drill out the centers of both bolts. Then the core came right out with some wiggling.
winkold.gif
URS HAD THE WELDED SET SCREW ON TOP AND BOTTOM RIGHT?? LOOKS LIKE I MAY DRILL THE SCREWS OUT...

Back