Yet another overheating post

I am not sure about your choice of coolant. I haven't heard of the pros and cons of it, but someone else on the board said that the factory stuff, 50/50 mix, is really good. Personally I use engine ice and like I said it gets half way. I still believe it shouldn't get even that hot. This weekend I am going to drain the system from the lower hose and refill it with either engine ice or factory coolant. The last time I drained it I did it through the coolant resevoir hose. and then I will burp it correctly.

i live in alaska and have a k6 busa. went aou to start it up and let it warm while i got my gear on asit was about 42.F out well i come out to finde the dam thing was allmost in the red.also seems to start going over the half way mark in stop and go with it 55.F-60.F . some times i hear a sound like some thing is washing around in the cooling system like a small BB . any one have a clue. help

i have an 06 and do not have that prob yet
now my wifes 05 did and we went back and forth
till they found that the cooling fan sometimes turns on and then slows down if not stop completely they replaced it under warranty and she has had no problem since

drain the system through the lower radiator hose, flushed the system and put new engine ice and burped it good. works great now. gets about 3/8th of the way up and stop and go traffic gets half way and thats it.

The fan on my 05 kicks on as soon as it gets 1/16th over the center mark.
Dunno man, sounds like youve checked and done everything that could be done unless theres some kind of blockage in the rad itself.

Back