2006 Hayabusa Overheating!

Joseph462

Registered
Hi all

My busa overheated for the first time today and I've ridden it about 300-400 miles with no issues of overheating.

It overheated while ridding about 60 and died on me. All this talk about the fans, mine hasn't even came on once. Fuse is good. Coolant is burped. Oil still clean. Radiator fluid shows turbulence so not water pump.

Could it just be a thermostat issues? I don't see it being solely a fan issue cause it just started today.

I come from the dirt so any recommendations will help.

Hmm, you didn't say what the outside temps were but even if it was hot and the fan fuse was ok it still has a triggering switch that activates the fan when the temps rise above a certain level according to whatever temp the thermostat has. So, check the switch and wiring and then the thermostat. Seems doubtful it's the stat though as the fan should've come on (especially) if the stat was bad. Seems a tad coincidental that say, the stat went bad which caused it to heat up and at the same time, the fan wouldn't turn on. Good luck!

Hmm, you didn't say what the outside temps were but even if it was hot and the fan fuse was ok it still has a triggering switch that activates the fan when the temps rise above a certain level according to whatever temp the thermostat has. So, check the switch and wiring and then the thermostat. Seems doubtful it's the stat though as the fan should've come on (especially) if the stat was bad. Seems a tad coincidental that say, the stat went bad which caused it to heat up and at the same time, the fan wouldn't turn on. Good luck!
Probably 65 degrees

I think CBXRIDER is probably correct. I would look at the fan switch. I can't remember exactly but I seem to remember reading that it's the same switch as the hinda accord.

I think CBXRIDER is probably correct. I would look at the fan switch. I can't remember exactly but I seem to remember reading that it's the same switch as the hinda accord.

sounds like that to me. there is a thread someplace about a honda switch that is the same but a lower temp. also i think maybe one of the sponsors has one. i cant remember where i got mine

Back