Yay or Nay on New Rider Safety Course

wishingstar

Banned
I am very interested in taking a New Rider Safety Course, just looking for any all opions here. Not sure of the pros and cons. Seems like everyone on here is very helpful and friendly so I need some input here. Espically from the woman with there views and then again the guys who have helped someone learn.
Thanks all

I have heard nothing but good things about taking the course, Even people who have been riding for years have taken it and said they came away with something they didnt know.

So I say go for it.

I never took it myself but Im a guy so I already know everything :whistle:

I learned WITHOUT the rider safety course. But I did take the MSF BRC (Motorcycle Safety Foundation, Basic Rider Course) after I had been riding for 4+ years and realized I had a lot to learn in throttle control and smooth operation of my bike. I've even been tempted to go back and practice more. (A benefit of being good friends with the MSF instructor on base)

I look forward to taking the Sport Bike course in the future.

I highly reccommend it to everyone regardless HOW LONG they've been riding.

All extra training is a great idea, me and the missus do a similar thing over here after the winter has done, just to get back into the zone.

Thank you. I just dont feel confident enough to just ride. I feel like this would be a good thing to do and help me learn in the spots where I am not to sure of.

I have enjoyed every riders course I have taken. Like the above mentioned, you learn something new every time

I took the Aqdvanced Sportbike Techniques course. I am now more confident with my brakes. I came to learn more about my tires, how temperature/pressure affects cornering (the grab) and stopping quick.

You cant lose.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yup I think that I am going to take it that way I have more confidience in riding and braking shifting of my body weight, I think that is most of my problem I am afraid of moving the wrong way and dropping the bike.
Thanks everyone here is so helpful and friendly, it makes it easy to ask a question and not be afraid that someone is going to laugh at you for it.

Good idea to take it, You will always learn something new.

the sooner, the better. better late than never. as already pointed, there is no NAY :) in taking any rider improvement course.

I enjoyed it very much. I would even take it again.

It is mandatory now, I believe..in TX any way.

Thats the other thing I keep putting it off thinking I am to "old" to do this, like I should of done this maybe 10 years ago or so. But I guess if its something you really want to do than there shouldnt be an age limit.
Thanks again. Everyone one here seems to be very nice and super helpful. I hope that I can pass this course and get myself up and riding soon.

It will do you good. When I took the course, there was a female there that had never been on a bike. About an hour later, they had her riding like she had been on on for years.

Well worth the money.Take the course.I did and enjoyed it very much and he taught me a lot.Some things come natural to some riders and others need practice.I am a bad one for only using front brakes.Also the anticipation of an event.They will teach you a lot for sure.

I took the MSF Premier course and if your a noob and thinking about riding the beast... Definitely do it! If I hadn't I'd probably be dead now! LOL

I'm a firm believer of the courses, alot of friends have taken them and some friends actually instruct at a couple of them here in Calgary. The way I see it is simple, "there's always something that I can learn, if it gets to the point that I can't learn anything anymore then I should quit before I get too dangerous and kill myself"

I have enjoyed every riders course I have taken. Like the above mentioned, you learn something new every time

^^^What that guy said!^^^ :)

Any opportunity to take orgainzed and professional instruction from experienced riders is an opportunity to have fun, learn and improve! :cheerleader:

For a new rider, getting good instruction from the get go is, IMHO, imperative as it ensures that you get the basic skills, knowledge and experience to ride safely and with awareness. SO much better than learning from "a buddy" that puts on the seat, shows you the throttle, sends you down the road...never having even show you the brakes! ::9

Take the new rider training and never stop learning! Good luck! :)

Back