Would you recommend purchasing a Gen 3 with the issues it has?

I’m considering buying a Gen 3 and have been reading a lot of threads here concerning issues with the QS, hot restart problems , front brake master cylinder failing.
Honestly it’s making me think twice about getting one. No bike is perfect, maybe I’m spending too much time on the negatives.
I love the Gen 3 for a lot of reasons but don’t want to regret buying one.
To those of you who own one, would you recommend a Gen 3 to someone?
Only ridden 600 miles so far which is nothing but I've had zero issues. Quick shifter is the best I've used and this is when compared to my Kawasaki H2 and BMW 1250GS.

Never had hot restart problems or braking issues. I did a rider training session on a track recently, so basically a track day and the brakes were perfect.

I think the stock exhausts weigh a ton and should be replaced, and a bar riser would make the bike long distance comfortable but these aren't faults of the bike by any means.

Anyone who gets upset about the small problems with the Busa and thinks "rather sell it" has never seen how much trouble you have with a KTM or with some Ducati.

In contrast, our bikes are real ship diesels! It's annoying, I can understand that, but perfect bikes don't exist anymore. Our Busa is damn close. I also never had any problems starting, no loss of oil and that with the brakes...well annoying but it was sorted out.

Look at Honda, once the king of reliability. The new Fireblade, which sometimes costs almost twice as much as the Busa, is a catastrophe in terms of quality. Gasoline pumps rupture due to a design flaw! It will be repaired under warranty, but the same pump comes back in, because the improved part is only available for the facelift. So a broken part is exchanged for a part that will soon be broken. Engines after 8000 kilometers completely blocked with carbon, leaking valve stems, ripping paneling parts at the rear, leaking manifolds, defective engines and and and and. In Germany there are people whose bikes have repairs worth 38,000 euros. A new Fireblade would have been cheaper, but Honda refuses and prefers to pay huge sums! Several engines need to be replaced, but you can't order that as a whole part, you have to order it in INDIVIDUAL PARTS. The dealers are not able to assemble the engines, engine rebuilders have neither time nor want to work, the bike stands around at the dealer for months. THIS is what I call problems where I would say "sell the bike".

I’ve never had an issue with either the Superduke R or GT but the Busa takes the cake of consistent problems that the manufacturer doesn’t bother addressing.

Only ridden 600 miles so far which is nothing but I've had zero issues. Quick shifter is the best I've used and this is when compared to my Kawasaki H2 and BMW 1250GS.

Never had hot restart problems or braking issues. I did a rider training session on a track recently, so basically a track day and the brakes were perfect.

I think the stock exhausts weigh a ton and should be replaced, and a bar riser would make the bike long distance comfortable but these aren't faults of the bike by any means.
Thanks for your input. This helps.
Yes, I agree that Helibars would help. I’ll ride the bike around for a while and see if I need that.

I only have 300 miles on my 3rd gen, but so far it's great. My intent for it was a fast touring bike. I have my nasty big-bore stroker 1st gen, and two S1000RR's and a Panigale V4 for more pure sportbike riding.

I only have 300 miles on my 3rd gen, but so far it's great. My intent for it was a fast touring bike. I have my nasty big-bore stroker 1st gen, and two S1000RR's and a Panigale V4 for more pure sportbike riding.
I sold my 2015 S1000RR with goodies on it earlier this year. Stupid fast but every crack in the road bounced me off the seat, even after I had the suspension adjusted.
I got tired of that after a while but I never had an issue with the QS, hot starts or anything else I’ve read about on these Busas.
Now I want speed but with more class and refinement like the Gen 3 offers.

All day, every day. The front brake master cylinder problem had a recall and was on early released bikes. Not sold on the QS problem. I’ve got a first release model and QS has faulted and displayed QS. Was it a bike or operator problem ? I’m playing with mine now, just changed the setting but there’s a storm passing through.
Had the recall done and haven’t had an issue. Replaced front pads at least twice.
Had another issue on cold start once in awhile but apparently it cured itself.
They’ve revised the software if ur buying a new, new bike.

0CBD9F38-5D22-4D8D-828B-3BF095136130.jpeg

Good recommendations.
The problem is I live in California so no shop can install an aftermarket exhaust without facing heavy fines.
And aftermarket exhaust manufacturers won’t ship an exhaust here. Thanks Governor Newsom.
I’ll figure out something

There’s ways. F newsom. But there’s ways.

There’s ways. F newsom. But there’s ways.
I know, China and India are the world’s biggest polluters yet Newsom thinks by restricting California’s emissions he can end climate change all by himself.
Sorry, ok back to the discussion at hand.

All day, every day. The front brake master cylinder problem had a recall and was on early released bikes. Not sold on the QS problem. I’ve got a first release model and QS has faulted and displayed QS. Was it a bike or operator problem ? I’m playing with mine now, just changed the setting but there’s a storm passing through.
Had the recall done and haven’t had an issue. Replaced front pads at least twice.
Had another issue on cold start once in awhile but apparently it cured itself.
They’ve revised the software if ur buying a new, new bike.

View attachment 1670113
34,656 miles? Wow

Would you recommend purchasing a Gen 3 ?​

Yes, I will !
Q/S issue, not everbody faces it, depend on your riding style I guess.
M/C issue, it's been solved ? Never heard of it in Europe though...

Would you recommend purchasing a Gen 3 ?​

Yes, I will !
Q/S issue, not everbody faces it, depend on your riding style I guess.
M/C issue, it's been solved ? Never heard of it in Europe though...

The master cylinder has not be solved.
Suzuki says the reason was a defective design, but bikes are still having issues, as 2023 bikes have reported this as well, with some outside of the effected VIN# range, as well as one member here stating that his front brakes failed Again, After the recall.
This is even worse, meaning that Suzuki can't even get the fix properly issued and controlled, that defective parts are still mixed in with production, and worse yet, the replacement master cylinders also.
Suzuki's engineering and Quality departments Really have screwed up the Gen3.

Back