Won't Start Also Sputtered

Franco802

Registered
Hello everyone,

New member here. A friend of mine is selling me an 06 Busa with 26k miles for $1,500. He purchased it for the same price, but put about $2000 in it since and never got it running right. When he first purchased it 6 months ago he said it ran rough and would lose power in upper rpm. It got to the point where it wouldn't even start anymore. He found that the fuel tank was completely rusted out and full of junk. It was so bad he replaced the tank.

He also replaced, the injectors, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, fuel filter. He also replaced the tires, chain, did the oil/filter change, battery and a few other things. The bike sounds like it wants to start but won't. One thing he said he didn't do was flush the fuel rail nor the lines. I'm picking it up Friday and will start tearing into it.

I'm not familiar with busas, can you guys tell me if the swing arm is stock without extension? Is the bike lowered? It looks like it. Thanks much.

20230801_132110.jpg

20230801_132055.jpg

20230801_132031.jpg

20230801_132021.jpg

20230801_131907.jpg

20230801_131935.jpg

20230801_131957.jpg

20230801_131919.jpg

20230801_131833.jpg

20230801_131659.jpg

20230801_131613.jpg

20230801_131600.jpg

20230801_131649.jpg

20230801_131731.jpg

He was trying to start it without having to manually pull in the clutch, so he can look at other things going on. I'm like huh?‍ My friend is a funny dude

Start the bike in first gear with a clamp on the clutch lever, let it warm up, while kids are out front playing in the street; nothing possible that could go wrong there...

Well.....I've traced it down to the injectors not firing. Fuel pump works, fuel in the rail, injectors are clean but they don't fire off, nothing. No pulsating, nothing. I tapped on tip over switch and sound like something moves around in there so I don't think it's stuck, Looks like no one has ever touched it. Kickstand switch is ziptied as if the kickstand is up. The fuel rail screws were a nightmare to remove. Heads are stripped so I ordered new ones.

Ok, got it started. But runs for about 5 to 10 seconds and dies. If I keep priming the pump it stays on longer. I don't think my friend put the correct fuel pump in, seems like a pressure issue.

Looks like my buddy did replace lots of parts, but he didn't clean the rust out too well. New screen already had junk back in it and the pump looks like some China junk. The housing was also replaced. I ordered a new Quantum fuel pump kit.

IMG-20230806-WA0019.jpeg

IMG-20230806-WA0017.jpeg

IMG-20230806-WA0015.jpeg

IMG-20230806-WA0011.jpeg

IMG-20230806-WA0009.jpeg

IMG-20230806-WA0013.jpeg

Wow, I've spent many hours on this bike and I'm close to my witts end. I think I may have nailed it down to the cheap $42 Amazon injectors my buddy installed before he sold me the bike. I so far have replaced, the fuel pump, regulator, filter, and tip over sensor. The bike will fire with a little starting fluid but stalls immediately. I pulled the spark plugs, I have spark, I pulled the fuel injectors, but they squirt kind of weak to me, I also have 47 psi of fuel pressure.

Well.....I've traced it down to the injectors not firing. Fuel pump works, fuel in the rail, injectors are clean but they don't fire off, nothing. No pulsating, nothing. I tapped on tip over switch and sound like something moves around in there so I don't think it's stuck, Looks like no one has ever touched it. Kickstand switch is ziptied as if the kickstand is up. The fuel rail screws were a nightmare to remove. Heads are stripped so I ordered new ones.
Click Here @Franco802

Dump those Amazon injectors and find some used and refurbish them, (search YT for chinese and oem injectors tests) that there not firing is measuring for power.
Not why i reacted cause i had the same poop with my fuel rail screws and this tip is for all of you....

its brass tubbing sold in meters for RC builds, you just cut it in the length you need (the size of your rail) and put in a m5 hex with a washer....no more good time around with those damn screws....i cant find it but i thought the size i bought was 7x5,1mmm but could be wrong. just use your caliper and get those shitscrews out.

99-07 Suzuki Hayabusa Throttle Body Set With Injectors | eBay

here you go, this is the stuff to look for, make sure it contains OEM injectors and clean them, Amazon and ebay garbage sold for 20 a piece....no way thats ever getting near my bike

And if everything works out, i'm getting my hands on a B-king fuel pump soon, there is a topic floating around, but i'm gonna experiment myself and cut open the filter holder. i can clearly tell by your pic that the top part is welded like PE mirrorwelding, used in plumbing. So that means you can drop the internal filter and put a external filter. If it works i will post pics and a how to, but just google PE welding and see what i mean, so no bypass and no epoxy needed to close it up.

Last edited:
Well guys, I finally got it started. It was those junk Amazon injectors my friend put in. I found some refurbished oem injectors from a legitimate company. I also replaced the canister that was full of junk even though my friend replaced it, and the sending unit. The sending unit still don't work and neither does my speedo. But it has aftermarket lighting crap in it so it's probably that mess.

Back