Wine Red Carrozzeria Wheels on Blue 08

I have owned BSTs and Carrozzerias. I don't know about the others. Certainly Marchesinis have a great reputation. I believe if the wheels have DOT approval, they meet some miniumum safety requirements (and by extension, those of durability). When I was shopping, I don't recall seeing any 'red flags' for any of the brands mentioned, regarding safety/durability. There might be issues, but I didn't find them, searching the Net over the course of a month, or two. The thing I focused on was the lightest weight for the least amount of money. For me that turned out to be Carrozerias, purchased from the board sponsor GPW. BSTs are great. But they also eat up the better part of four grand, once you get new tires, and everything balanced and mounted. I was in these wheels for a LOT less than that. I suspect the BSTs might provide another level of handling/performance beyond these. But what these provided, the improvements, are fine for what I use the bike for--commuting, and street riding. As I've said elsewhere (er, several times...sorry) is these wheels provided a noticeable handling improvement for the 'Busa. In short, they make it feel like a smaller bike when you're rolling.

Last edited:
It's not an intuitive color combination. Some won't like it at all. Some will like it right away...and some it will grow on. The tan seat's for 'comfort'. Live in the desert. Cooks yer nutz to come out of work and climb on a black seat at 3 PM on a Summer afternoon. I'm thinking I'd like black better with this color scheme, too, so I'm thinking of ordering a black seat to use for cooler months. Here's a more recent pic...

IT WAS THE STOCK CANNONS, LOOKS SICK WITH THE YOSH:bowdown:

lose the red kanji though imo does not flow...

Here's with the black seat...I'm trying to think of a way to work some red into the gray 'lightening bolt' that runs from the fairing to the tank...it needs another spot of red up there, somewhere. I saw a sik Porsche on Yahoo news, gray with Salmon/orange rims and... orange mirrors. I saw some red mirrors on eBay... they are actually two-tone, black stems fading into red on the mirror bodies. Or. Maybe some red pazzos...

P1010870.JPG

Last edited:
Here's with the black seat...I'm trying to think of a way to work some red into the gray 'lightening bolt' that runs from the fairing to the tank...it needs another spot of red up there, somewhere. I saw a sik Porsche on Yahoo news, gray with Salmon/orange rims and... orange mirrors. I saw some red mirrors on eBay... they are actually two-tone, black stems fading into red on the mirror bodies. Or. Maybe some red pazzos...

I think a carbon sleeve on that pipe would look great.

neoBusa, those mirror are sick. Who did you order them from, and how much?

I wrestled with the carbon versus titanium question. I agree that the CF cans would look great. But when I was visualizing, it seemed like the titanium would work as well. I was afraid the CF would make the bike look too 'dark'. I might still wind up with CF's, depending upon how things evolve. But there's time.

Another thing I probably won't do (cuz of the $$), but which would be interesting...there's a guy here in town, Dave Little of Dave Little Designs, who is a master painter/graphics guy. He did some painting for me that was just outstanding. I was looking at my bike head-on, and with the high, sport-touring windscreen, I was thinking the top part of the fairing looked like "Alien's" head (the Sigourney Weaver alien...) Wouldn't that be cool to be trucking down the road, you look in your rear-view--and there it is...I know. I'm getting out there...

I gotta say they look great on my bike, adn will do on yours, but they are much smaller than stock, it takes time to get used to. and the worst thing about them is:

1. not as aero dynamic
2. functionality... u need an alan key to open and close them. Its a bugger for me coz I park my bike inside my house and the only way i can get it through the door is if mirrors closed. So I gotta unscrew everytime...

But since I ride street most of the time and I can manage with the 'screwing' issue, then I guess its fine!

On another note, I prefer your cans the way they are man. CF will surely make your baby look darker... I got Microns on mine and chose the chrome cans, it just adds some spark to this monster... You've done well for your bike.

As for the Alien Design, not my thing at all, but if thats what your into then whatever makes you happy man!

I prefer decals, coz I get bored and its much cheaper to change decals.

If you end up getting the mirrors post some pics! would luv to see how your baby's turning out.

ride safe!
:thumbsup:

Raced Guy, the MSRP is something like $1780. If you go with one of the site sponsors you can save significant money. I can't speak for any of them, but PM one or two. I ordered mine from GPW and was very satisfied (see earlier post)...

Back