Windscreens

Cipher Complete

Registered
First off, this is by far the best forum I have been a part of. The majority of sportbike forums are a bunch squids talking about how they and their buddies ride to the mall or to taco bell, or how fast they are on the clover leafs on the high way. You guys actually know what you are talking about.
bowdown.gif

On with the drivel....
I am looking for either the Puig double bubble or the suzuki double bubble. The two look nearly identical in pictures, but I want to know which is better as far as fit and finish. Many of the aftermarket screens fit up like crap and leave a gap. Any input would be appreciated.

If you're looking to purchase one.....GPW has about 30 of them. Hit him up on PM and he maybe able to take care of you.

If you are looking for brand new see one of the site vendors..Having had everything from the MRA Touring, Zero Gravity, Lockhart Phillips, Puig, OEM, I have to say the Puig has the best fit and wind protection in the double bubble department. But the Zero Gravity in my opinion looks the best on the Hayabusa because of the body lines in the screen. Just my opinion. I am pretty critical of products and their true function. I have a MRA double bubble on the way to sample fit another screen. Will know more soon.

I too am a larger human, and the windscreen is right in the way of the gauges. Not nearly as bad as the new ZX-6r, which you have to be on the tank to see, but in the way none the less. I also think I want to stick with the clear, being on a white bike

a silver set of Risoma mirrors would surely look sharp on the bike Big-T
smile.gif

PUIG or ZG are the way I would go. Right now running PUIG because of fitment.

a silver set of Risoma mirrors would surely look sharp on the bike Big-T
smile.gif
laugh.gif
so would a set of chrome mirrors!!!!!

In the name of my bank account and all that is free I rebuke thee evil money solicitors and salespersons!  
laugh.gif
Just trying to help a brother out...ok how about..  
biggrin.gif
Don't get those fugly chrome thingy's from that other guy...
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|GPW
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155913243 -->

laugh.gif

I have the Suzuki DB. It slid right in and fits snugly--better than the factory piece. I can now see the turn signal lights and it's easier to tuck behind! The clean air line comes across just below the bottom of my helmet so my head still doesn't get buffeted. It definitely parts more air away from your chest and so is warmer--not so great in the summer but nice when the weather is cooler.

windscreenfront.jpg

(ghosthawk @ Aug. 19 2006,20:07) I have the Suzuki DB.  It slid right in and fits snugly--better than the factory piece.  I can now see the turn signal lights and it's easier to tuck behind!  The clean air line comes across just below the bottom of my helmet so my head still doesn't get buffeted.  It definitely parts more air away from your chest and so is warmer--not so great in the summer but nice when the weather is cooler.
If you aren't looking for a colored shield I think I would go with the Suzuki DB.

I have a Puig dark smoke db. It's great because it's tinted and nobody can see me... but I can still see them. ;)

Back