Wideband question

Shifty, I am assuming that is a ram mount in the stem holding that tablet. How comfy are you with that? For instance, would you be comfortable with a smartphone with an 1/8th app (which I saw, dunno how accurate it is but says gives you a tree sim, records your 60', 1000 and 1/8 times). I would love to be able to practice launches with an app.

It is indeed a Ram mount. I'm not sure what you mean when you ask if I am comfortable with it.

Comfortable meaning that 5k'ish launching and full WOT for an 1/8th it wont go flying or torque free if you wheelie or something. Only reason I havent bought one yet is that I was going to ask someone about that first.

Kevin,

The Ram mount itself is pretty robust and I would not worry about it coming loose from the ball that is mounted in the stem. The X grip part that holds the phone or tablet is spring loaded and would PROBABLY be ok if it is laying flat like shown in my picture since the force of acceleration would be acting directly against the rubber grips. That being said, the X grip is probably not the best mount for what you want to do but Ram makes other mounts for tablets that lock the device firmly in place. For a phone, I would fabricate a more solid mount by bolting a 1 inch ball to a Lifeproof or Otterbox case or something similar.

Somebody mentioned the woolwich pro box having inputs. Does that mean boost data can be brought in that route so a zt3 would be fine and no reason to pay double for zt2? Still holding out hope that somebody will answer the original question.

Yes Woolich has the 8 external inputs to there log box/flash box
so you could do 3 bar on one of those and use the zt3 he supplies as part of the package deal

I priced the PNP ultra , not much different to other ecu's with similar capability, the advantage being it just plugs into a gen 1 harness, and i think the 06 gsxr 1000 version would do a gen 2 if you repinned your harness to suit the 1000 pinout

So he would just need to buy the zietronix map sensor to datalog the boost through the woolich? I think that sensor is another $150. Kind of like digital recording music. Microphone into interface to .wav (pressure which could be read by a gauge, but needs converted to data to record).

Or does the gen 2 ecu have a MAP sensor of its own that could be used for the data recording?

So he would just need to buy the zietronix map sensor to datalog the boost through the woolich? I think that sensor is another $150. Kind of like digital recording music. Microphone into interface to .wav (pressure which could be read by a gauge, but needs converted to data to record).

Or does the gen 2 ecu have a MAP sensor of its own that could be used for the data recording?

I think you do have to get the sensor unless its something that comes as part of a kit as i know the boost gauge does. Also smithabusa also sells a harness that uses the pair valve out put to route boost data the the box, not positive on how that works tho. Luckily for me (not really) im not boosted at this time so i dont have to worry about the sensor right now. It now seems the zt3 is a fine choice except for someone who would like a gauge and is not a fair weather rider. The gauge will be under the windscreen but that doesnt help when the bike is parked at the battery and a storm is blowing rain all over it. With that being said the myx-l appears to be the better choice. The daytona wego is awesome and water proof display but is priced around 350 (comparable to the zt2 price range with a NON waterproof display. I would prefer the zt3/zr1 but the mtx-l might be what i should go with.

Yes Woolich has the 8 external inputs to there log box/flash box
so you could do 3 bar on one of those and use the zt3 he supplies as part of the package deal

I priced the PNP ultra , not much different to other ecu's with similar capability, the advantage being it just plugs into a gen 1 harness, and i think the 06 gsxr 1000 version would do a gen 2 if you repinned your harness to suit the 1000 pinout
Thank you!

I think you do have to get the sensor unless its something that comes as part of a kit as i know the boost gauge does. Also smithabusa also sells a harness that uses the pair valve out put to route boost data the the box, not positive on how that works tho. Luckily for me (not really) im not boosted at this time so i dont have to worry about the sensor right now. It now seems the zt3 is a fine choice except for someone who would like a gauge and is not a fair weather rider. The gauge will be under the windscreen but that doesnt help when the bike is parked at the battery and a storm is blowing rain all over it. With that being said the myx-l appears to be the better choice. The daytona wego is awesome and water proof display but is priced around 350 (comparable to the zt2 price range with a NON waterproof display. I would prefer the zt3/zr1 but the mtx-l might be what i should go with.

I know, if you are out in the field, nothing you can do and those Benning storms are hellacious. I was on the Hooch one time fishing around the back of the airfield and got hailed on. Tried to get back to that MWR landing and the wind blew my boat so hard into the friggin dock that the boat went under the dock and the trolling motor didnt and flexed so hard it pushed the boat back out. I have never seen a trolling motor shaft flex like that and survive. Minn Kota is hit or miss but that one was made well. You could wrap that bike in shrink wrap and a summer storm would get through.

I called the WEGO guy Friday and he actually referred me to a racing (car specialty) place in town to show them my rig and see what they suggest. Thing about the WEGO, everything you add on is like $150. Stick with the standard and you are ok but want to do a little more and it can get up there. I dont even think the standard wideband wego has datalogging, you have to buy the box.

I know, if you are out in the field, nothing you can do and those Benning storms are hellacious. I was on the Hooch one time fishing around the back of the airfield and got hailed on. Tried to get back to that MWR landing and the wind blew my boat so hard into the friggin dock that the boat went under the dock and the trolling motor didnt and flexed so hard it pushed the boat back out. I have never seen a trolling motor shaft flex like that and survive. Minn Kota is hit or miss but that one was made well. You could wrap that bike in shrink wrap and a summer storm would get through.

I called the WEGO guy Friday and he actually referred me to a racing (car specialty) place in town to show them my rig and see what they suggest. Thing about the WEGO, everything you add on is like $150. Stick with the standard and you are ok but want to do a little more and it can get up there. I dont even think the standard wideband wego has datalogging, you have to buy the box.

Yea the storms do get pretty crazy here. Lightening loves to hot the ground and tornados hit post almost every year. The hooch can get pretty wild. Im pretty sure minkota has lifetime on those shafts I know my motorguide xi5 did. I just sold my boat, taking a break from that bass life, i got in way to deep and could keep up with my own obsession. Bike life is easy in comparison lol. I used to do them both at once, that was exhausting lol

Oh and i seen the wego lll has built in data logging amd its waterproof. 350 is kinda steep but very tempting.

I will let you know how it goes when I go check out those guys shop. I do need a wideband but I need a bunch of other things as well. I cant get any traction and I am debating an air shifter (like fishing with shiners, it just dont feel right to me). I have everything I need to not get kicked off the track now, full leathers, shift light (testing tonight back road) and a tether kill on the way. Putting wideband in last place. Maybe not a good idea but I dunno. I thought I saw somebody with WEGOs on sale that was under $300 but I cant remember where. Dan, the guy that runs daytona sensors (or maybe Brad?) cannot sell them cheaper than his dealers.

3 bar map sensor conversion is one of the basics of the boost fuel on gen 2 busa , boostbysmith has the adaptive harness and 3 bar sensors
The pair valve output is reprogrammed in boost fuel as an open loop boost control based on your gear position
gauges all look good when parked but when your blasting along on boost your not looking down, thats where the logger is worth its weight in gold (or melted aluminium ;))

Back