Why are super charged busas so rare

i'll be honest, with 9 to 1 compression and the right supercharger kit, you'd have a fantastic street bike. my question is, how is the fuel economy with a built motor and a blower?

while cruising around if you program the ECU ED well and run it nice an lean like the factory your economy will be almost as good as NA. BUT use the the power and a nice 12:1 afr an you will use fuel accordingly. You don't get something for nothing :)

Is fuel economy really such an issue with a Busa or bikes in general over the pond? ??? You guys should come and see our fuel prices over here in the UK, currently at their highest ever at 1.40 GBP per litre which is roughly $10.15/gallon!

I suppose if you were doing lots of thousands a year and using it as a commuting bike then MPG would be a consideration for me. But then I'd likely not choose a Busa for commuting on - nothing beats a nice lightweight bike for going around in and through the traffic. Owning a bike is purely about the enjoyment for me, a release as such, and running costs don't really come into my thinking at all.

performance and economy don't really go hand in hand. If your enjoying yourself then you have to pay for it :)

Is fuel economy really such an issue with a Busa or bikes in general over the pond? ??? You guys should come and see our fuel prices over here in the UK, currently at their highest ever at 1.40 GBP per litre which is roughly $10.15/gallon!

I suppose if you were doing lots of thousands a year and using it as a commuting bike then MPG would be a consideration for me. But then I'd likely not choose a Busa for commuting on - nothing beats a nice lightweight bike for going around in and through the traffic. Owning a bike is purely about the enjoyment for me, a release as such, and running costs don't really come into my thinking at all.

same here. I didn't buy the Busa to save gas money:laugh:

performance and economy don't really go hand in hand. If your enjoying yourself then you have to pay for it :)

I agree and I'm truely enjoying my self. I love this setup and wouldn't trade it for anything. I work in the oil and gas industry so it's just a way of giving back:thumbsup:!!!

Although I like both the turbo and the supercharger. I would install the supercharger would be my first choice, Its unique and its a constant pull. I had the pleasure to see a MAD MAX super charger on a yamaha V-max and it was very intimidating. It looked sweet and was constructed of the best materials with a nice sweey wide belt on the left side. I guess it hust comes down to what ones desire is. I would take a nice turbo as well.Im very un bias But the super chargers look mean. And your right,Your not hiding that thing,But thats part of the fun is showboating and turning a few heads.
I looked at a few of them about 5 or 6 yrs ago and THEN ,[maybe not now] They were about the same price, But you aso after to factor in the name brand and other goodies too.

I believe a lot of people deciding between Turbo or Supercharger look at the cost per horsepower ratio. Being the proven Supercharger Kits are produced in the UK, by the time you bring it over to US or Canada just basic kit not counting motor mods needed to lower compression to 9:1 you are paying close to the same price as you would for a proven Stage 2 setup from RCC or other big name manufactors here in Canada or US.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have a rotax supercharger I just took off my Seadoo to upgrade to a bigger one on the Seadoo. I was just wondering has anyone ever used one of these to spuercharge there Busa? It seems I would have the most expensive piece already. I dont know if I have enough money, but I want to do something with it. I was also looking at putting it on my Snowmobile. I have a 4 stroke Apex with basically a similar motor as the R1 motorcycle. Just throwing it out there hoping you guys might come up with some ideas for it. SeaDoos have a clutch system also on the end for when it comes out of the water and comes back in. It allows the charger to slip instead of twisting the shaft. I thought it made 8 Psi at 8100 RPMS, but I could be wrong. My SD pushed 215 HP out of a 3 cyllinder 1400 CC engine. I would like to get that out of my Busa

Pic's from SPART666's thread.......

1.jpg

P1030948.jpg

Ummmm how do you hold on to that thing when it is on full boost? ???

I figure on a naked bike with just the supercharger you would be a human C clamp:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::wow::wow::wow:

But with both you would have to be GI Joe with Kung Fu grip!!!! :kungfu:

Back