UNDERSTAND!?

briXXer

Registered
unless u own a busa. while at a bike night last nite.. we were all talking and mentioned about me getting some cams from a.p.e racing and putting them in, or maybe a turbo not sure which way to go for starters.. their response WHY? isnt it fast enough already? why mess with a perfectly good motor and open urself to problems..

my response.. IT'S A BUSA THING! its never enough!

unless u own a busa. while at a bike night last nite.. we were all talking and mentioned about me getting some cams from a.p.e racing and putting them in, or maybe a turbo not sure which way to go for starters.. their response WHY? isnt it fast enough already? why mess with a perfectly good motor and open urself to problems..

my response.. IT'S A BUSA THING!  its never enough!
I'm with.....THEM . I'm just an ordinary guy.....well,sort a.

If yer a drag racer....go big....thing is you end up with something thats not really streetable.....unless you take it easy.....and if yer gonna take it easy.....I'm gonna go by ya like yer standin' still .

If yer a radical twisty maniac....U woulda bought a 600/750.

could just be me....i was wrong once....1978 I think it was.

hav an' overly hi-priced excessive one......RSD.

I dunno man... I am pretty certain that there is just a sub-sect of the Busa cult that carries around the "MUST HAVE MORE" power flag...  At least when it comes to making big mods, not just Pipes and PCs.  Just a different group of largely mental individuals for whom enough, is...never enough.

I used to think like you described, I allways wanted something more outta my toys...  But not the Busa... I can say without hesitation that I have yet to want for more power out of Busa...

It's just you guys and a treatable illness.... simply add more power...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078633632 -->

I boosted mine and had never ridden a boosted bike...The power/performance is incredible but I don't know that if I had to do it again that I would...That is with it being my only bike...
evil.gif

Im in your position rigth at this moment as well. Cams seem to be the next best mod before going to Big Bore or Turbo. Maybe you might want to try a lil NOS?
rock.gif

I dunno man... I am pretty certain that there is just a sub-sect of the Busa cult that carries around the "MUST HAVE MORE" power flag...  At least when it comes to making big mods, not just Pipes and PCs.  Just a different group of largely mental individuals for whom enough, is...never enough.

I used to think like you described, I allways wanted something more outta my toys...  But not the Busa... I can say without hesitation that I have yet to want for more power out of Busa...

It's just you guys and a treatable illness.... simply add more power...
Yes, Revlis you have called. I am part of this "sub-sect" you speak of my friend. A few months after ownership of the already "fastest mass production" cycle made (Guiness World Book of Records), I decided some portn' and polishin' the good old way with a couple a cams/valves would satisfy that itch that made me just like everyone else that handed the 10K over to the dealer. Well It's probably goin' back in for a big-bore in a few months. I'm no road racer or Rickey Gadson by a far strech, but I enjoy a good ride and night at the strip.

I thought my Busa would be enough the day I took it home. That lasted a few months. I'm a BIG fan of subtle suprises and just wanted a little more straight line performance than the next guy. Lets face it, you're only goin' to shift your bike so fast and launch so good, but when you reach those limits you want more.

My only guidelines are subtle changes. My bike doesent look no different than any other piped Busa. I liked the Turbo idea for a minute, but I'm a far greater fan of a built motor. As far as nitrous goes... I don't believe in any thing that runs out.

I'll stop ramblin' now. Later Grab.

where besides the track are you gonna use all that power? I'm just curious?

i think once you get bored with the power you got, then I guess why not add some more boom to your BUSA.
I know once I get used to the Speed, I'm gonna get a turbo and then NOS and then dial 911
laugh.gif

I am probly gonna go turbo sooner or later, after you get used to the acceleration (psychotic-I know) you just want more. plus the BOV is cool
biggrin.gif

If you really want more than a turbo, you can add nos to spool the turbo to xxPSI and be even faster. Been done in cars, dont know about bikes.
biggrin.gif

You just have to have the feeling to understand what its like

biggrin.gif

Back