Who's up for a midwest

And you could also maybe have a Tour of the Turbo Place in Olathe
wow.gif
! Now that would be Great
tounge.gif

here's the best "Midwest Map I could find, and although TECHNICALLY this might be accurate with Iowa in the center, I think a midwest gathering should be lower.... more MID NATION if you follow.
midwest.gif

here's the whole usa, maybe this puts it in perspective. I thinkanyone from anywhere is welcome, but if it's based for miswesterners, lets stay in midwest.
my two cents

Upper KS or MO seem most centered to me.
usa-map.jpg

Iowa – 56,276 square miles – length 500km: width 320km
Wisconsin – 65,503 square miles – length 500km : width 420km
Missouri – 69,709 square miles – Length 480km : width 385km
Michigan – 96,810 square miles – length 491km : width 385km
Minnesota – 86,943 square miles - length 645km : width 400km
Kansas – 82,282 square miles – length 645km : width 340km
North Dakota – 70,704 square miles – length 545km : width 340km
South Dakota – 77,121 square miles – length 610km : width 340km
Nebraska – 77,358 square miles – length 690km : width 340km
Illinois – 57,918 square miles – length 629km : width 340km
Indiana – 36,420 square miles – length 435km : width 225km
Ohio – 44,828 square miles – length 355km : width 355km

5880 length 3870 width totals

Now if we take Missouri as being the most Southern of the Midwest states and Minnesota as the most Northern – the center point according to length would be 120 North of the southern most point of Iowa.

If we take South Dakota being the most Western of the Midwest states and Ohio as the most Eastern – the center according to width would be almost the most Eastern point of Illinois. I had to add Illinois and Indiana in because last time I checked the Busa couldn’t ride on water over Lake Michigan…otherwise you could figure the point being on the border of WI and MI. Also, I did figure in Ohio as being the most Eastern of the Midwest states, but quite honestly a lot of people don’t consider Ohio as part of the Midwest, and if I adjusted those figures we would end up at the most Eastern point of Iowa or most western point of Illinois as the center according to width.

Just thought I would throw out some facts, and please correct me if I’m off on my figures. And It’s a group decision where we all meet, but I don’t see Kansas or Missouri as a central point for the MidWest Region.

The most centeral point on the map looks to me to be the Iowa Eastern State line where the Southern State line of Wisconsin meet
wink.gif
. So, other than Corn, what's there
rock.gif

I know that La Cross, Wi is a Great Little town with GREAT EATS, and BEER FACTORYS  
tounge.gif

Central location is one thing, but there has to be some good roads too. Just a little FYI, Eureka Springs is 1001 miles for me.. which means I could qualify for an Iron Butt if we have it there! But I will still vote for the Black Hills first...
biggrin.gif

Damn sorry for the slow step on this one things have not exatly been the most pleasent around here lately. But i could so use another group ride
cool.gif

I guess this is where Logically Goes Hills Are Great and i of course are my first pick. But is kinda on the western Edge of the area.

Now Next i would have to Go with like the WI,MN,IA area cause thats a bit more centralized to an extant and can offer some great riding i figure

As for Eureka Springs it looks like from the comments i have seen alotta you that are picking that are closer to that then the other places which hey i can't blame ya there for wanting it closer and well more of ya live in them areas obviously. But me personally i see no desire for the area i guess

Now the next thing we need to consider with the area we go to is do we wana be doing it with an event weather it be like the 4th of july or a Bikeing event. I guess we the Black hIlls would win the vote i would not recommend it during the rally so much just cause the roads just get to cloggled to really enjoy them unless you wana be early birds on the roads.

And 4th of july is great for probly the single guys or the guys who's gals that dose not bother but for the family people that may not roll over so well.

Here is how my choice might go

1. MN,WI,Iowa Area, Mabey even Elk hart lake area for Road America or the 4th of july time
2. Black Hills, South Dakota 4th of july, or Before or after the Rally time for those that may wana be there Grated the 4th celebration is kinda cool out there. Granted the RV's could get a bit boggy at times

3 KC area i guess i've never been around there to really know so i'd be up for something new As for time around there i have no clue

But hey anywhere will work for me as long as it not in my major work load time otherwise i will just be throwing my own little bash i guess lol
laugh.gif

Granted i hate to say it BUG but i wouldnt mind throwing Colorado back into that hat it was a nice place lots to do and good atmoshphere but if your set in not using it again that works for me

Just trying to nail down the location.... We will as usual be putting this to a vote by attending members only! Then we spend a few days discussing when! That also goes to a vote! To help clairify things a little "ANY" location is open to a vote! We simply try to keep the event somewhere close to the center states of the US just for traveling sakes.. Not everyone can take three days off both directions to make this happen! I understand the concerns of folks living up North about a Southern location... I also understand the folks living down South not liking the idea of a meet up North... So, what I'm really looking for here is a City/State by name. Should have things to do and see by motorcycle! Lots of places to stay and have a bevy of prices in a range that is exceptable for all the members. We can hash out the who's location is best later! Hope this helps......

anything new on this......would really like to be around first part of July so i can unwind from being deployed

Black Hills sounds great, its only 1200 miles for me to travel. Shorter distance than last years Colorado trip. But I would travel that again, what a great time it was. Hey KS, Chev and MBinSD, might see you guys down at the greet this year!!
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|BLKBLU04
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142463259 -->

I liked the sound of LaCrosse its a great area but I would call the roads around there a little boring. Keep me posted

Black Hills sounds great, its only 1200 miles for me to travel. Shorter distance than last years Colorado trip. But I would travel that again, what a great time it was. Hey KS, Chev and MBinSD, might see you guys down at the greet this year!!
cool.gif
Good to hear from you my friend.... Will be putting this to a vote starting this Friday! Just to give you an idea of whats up. BLKBLU04 rode two up 1200 miles one way to last years Co Meet-N-Greet! You sir are the man! Tell the wife Ks says hi, would love to see you both again and maybe share a beer or two!
P.S.
smile.gif
I'm bringing some wipes so I can clean the color from my face..... (little Canadian beer humor....)

Back