Who Rode Today?

Same here...so cold the wife hit her windshield wiper with her scraper and it broke...that as at 0600. I was fortunate enough to have a spare as everything is shut down here...

I cut my hand and it was so cold out I didn't notice until I got back in the house.
Yeah you don't really bleed when it's that cold.

Chasing the moon rising tonight.
Little excursion onto bridge sidewalk for a photo. Scared some walkers.

20210129_191726.jpg

20210129_191729.jpg

20210129_185349.jpg

20210129_192021.jpg

So are you gonna get all that off road riding out of your system before you get your gen 3 or are you gonna keep this bike for touring and off road fun?? ;) :laugh::laugh: All jokes aside looks like some real fun riding Bryan :thumbsup:

No wonder you 'almost' crashed 3 times . . . your bike's tires are the weak link being road tires. Get some big block all terrain tires ASAP!!
Sure looks like you're having a great time on Tigger, ain't it awesome having a dual purpose bike? All those extra fun opportunities to be exploited, and the comaraderie of the adventure bikers, just the best fun!
I'm in the process of setting up my DRZ400E as an adventure bike at the moment, it's got bags and a screen and a modified 'comfort' seat now!
Can't wait to hit the back country with a few mates!

1612239739103.png

1612240416007.jpeg

IMG_1953.JPG

Below... a DRZ400 (not mine but this is how mine will end up) fully adventurised and out in the back country of South Island NZ
DRZ Adventure bike Wall Paper.jpg

I bought a Kreiga OS18 (18liter) dry bag for the tail rack, great quality German designed bag.
IMG_1970.JPG

Last edited:
No wonder you 'almost' crashed 3 times . . . your bike's tires are the weak link being road tires. Get some big block all terrain tires ASAP!!
Sure looks like you're having a great time on Tigger, ain't it awesome having a dual purpose bike? All those extra fun opportunities to be exploited, and the comaraderie of the adventure bikers, just the best fun!
I'm in the process of setting up my DRZ400E as an adventure bike at the moment, it's got bags and a screen and a modified 'comfort' seat now!
Can't wait to hit the back country with a few mates!

View attachment 1631797

View attachment 1631798

View attachment 1631801
Below... a DRZ400 (not mine but this is how mine will end up) fully adventurised and out in the back country of South Island NZ
View attachment 1631802

I bought a Kreiga OS18 (18liter) dry bag for the tail rack, great quality German designed bag.
View attachment 1631803
What tires are those you linked a photo of ?

What tires are those you linked a photo of ?
Kenda 784's.
They are good!

Thanks for posting that @Kiwi Rider . I will consider those as well when I have to replace the tires on my KLR. What's your opinion on the Michelin Annakee tires?
Well, they’re Michelin for starters.... ✔️
I have no experience with them but there will be lots of reviews available online I’m guessing.
I use Shinko big block tyres on my DRZ400E and they’re great value for money and seem to work well on road and off road.
I’ve done 1200kms on them and the wear is maybe 20%.... but I reckon the big block pattern is the way forward.

Back