Which GoPro?

StromBusa

Registered
I made up my mind that I need a GoPro. I'm thinking Go Pro motorsports hero 5, or wide 5. Does anyone have a suggestion which will work better on the Busa, Quad, Dirtbikes all around, I think prolly the "Wide" @ 170 degrees? the listings seem a little confusing on the net, I just want the best one for our game.

you dog...you going to have it before next week? i hope?

go for WIDE motorsports for sure! You can always use your home digital camera to take normal pics... the wide is a different experience and does not cut away the sides... more scope! Sorry no pix now to show you... but checkout the website, there is a video of a dirtbike dude riding with a Wide one. thats exactly how it looks! Great!

you want the hero...it has a wide angle lense and you wil get the most picture in your shot

I have the standard non wide GoPro and it performs well, however the wide is the way to go! It definately shows a noticeable difference! My buddy has two wides and he put one on his front nose facing himself at a drag race event and you could see his whole head, his arms, his hands, and the bars as well as his upper body! I've tried the same position with mine and all you can see is my big head and some of my upper torso!:beerchug:

I ordered, Sonic Raven Technology 199 with lithium batteries, free shipping & a free card.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
They confirmed 3 7 ship days, do I need a wiring harness ets?

I believe this is a stand alone camera...you just push the button when you want to record or take pics.........it uses batteries.

I think people start getting extra arms to place it other areas.

You could have bought same from Pashnit for under 170...the Hero is the Wide Angle and that's what you want.

awwwwww man...sprockets and chain....hero with wide angle....or..pay the taxes....

They confirmed 3 7 ship days, do I need a wiring harness ets?

This camera is battery operated bro. No wiring harness or anything required. THis camera comes with a waterproof casing, which also acts as protection to the cam. If you get the motorsports wide, it comes with an amazing suction cup, and many brackets for curved and straight surfaces. I personally only use the suction cup on my fairing. It holds great even when going full speed; never budges... Just be sure to clean the area well and make sure the suction cup has no dust or any residue on it, stick it on and off you go!

GoPro recommend Lithium Batteries. I use Alkaline coz way cheaper. I also use rechargeable although they prefer not... Works fine.

Back