Wheel Bearings

so do you change those too or leave em

If you remove the wheels and spin them on jack stands with the axle and spacers installed, with the dust seals removed you will get a idea if they are spinning free. That is what I did and decided they could be better..My ZRx wheels roll real easy off of the bike..

What is odd about the Busa rear is the Axle never really reat on the bearings, it is the spacers and the axle is on the spacers. Why they do it this was is beyond me. Maybe someone will chime in and tell us..

rear_wheel_copy.gif

I would go with the kit on Ebay..I
why man... you can prolly get them off the shelf at a bearing house or equipment dealer right in yer 'hood for like 10 bucks each.

way cheaper,better bearing...

just clean 'em and lube 'em yerself.... thats for aftermarket,dealer provided,bearing house, or even EBAY.

trust ol Rubbah.

If you remove the wheels and spin them on jack stands with the axle and spacers installed, with the dust seals removed you will get a idea if they are spinning free. That is what I did and decided they could be better..My ZRx wheels roll real easy off of the bike..

What is odd about the Busa rear is the Axle never really reat on the bearings, it is the spacers and the axle is on the spacers. Why they do it this was is beyond me. Maybe someone will chime in and tell us..
the axle runs on 3 bearings my friend. 2 in the wheel, and one in whats called the sprocket carrier

I would go with the kit on Ebay..I
why man... you can prolly get them off the shelf at a bearing house or equipment dealer right in yer 'hood for like 10 bucks each.

way cheaper,better bearing...

just clean 'em and lube 'em yerself....  thats for aftermarket,dealer provided,bearing house, or even EBAY.

trust ol Rubbah.
A few of my ZRX buddies have gotten bearing from that Ebay guy and said they are good stuff..

so do you change those too or leave em
you prolly should change 'em....sad part...dealer only item
you can remove them without damaging them, but most of the time some punk at yer dealership will fug 'em up upon removal anyway...

so order them now.

They aren't really a critical part once you've installed a "sealed both sides" bearing.

I'll see if I can find an' old thread....stand by...

The axle never rest on the inner race of the bearing, the spacer does only about 1/4 inch in on both sides of the sprocket carrier and less on the outer wheel bearings. The axle fits the spacers, left,right,center and in the hub. All the inner races are larger than the axle.

<!--EDIT|Lloyd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116167010 -->

The axle never rest on the inner race of the bearing, the spacer does only about 1/4 inch in on both sides of the sprocket carrier and less on the outer wheel bearings. The axle fits the spacers, left,right,center and in the hub. All the inner races are larger than the axle.
see in the diagram...part 2, part 11, and part 14...

they sit on the bearings inner race, and the axle's od fits the ID of these 3 parts...

so, essentially, the axle load rests on the bearings, just by way of those 3 parts.

make sense...

It would make more sence if the axle rested on the whole inner race instead of just the edges of the bearings. To me this would spread the load on the inner race correctly. The axle must be very tight for this to work properly..I wonder if a not tight enough axle is the cause for bad rear bearing in a Busa. Tires get changed often on these bikes..

It would make more sence if the axle rested on the whole inner race instead of just the edges of the bearings. To me this would spread the load on the inner race correctly. The axle must be very tight for this to work properly..I wonder if a not tight enough axle is the cause for bad rear bearing in a Busa. Tires get changed often on these bikes..
nah...

althou it sits on the edge of the inner(actually it sits on a large percentage of the inner) the weight still transfers equally across the entire surface [of the inner].

The axle needs to be fairly tight about 70 foot pounds,(if memory serves) in order to stop it from slippin'. If it was "not tight enuff" as you stated... worn wheel bearings would be the least of yer worries.

You wouldn't want the axle nuts' torque spec to have anything to do with the proper operation of the bearings anyway. Sideways pressure on a bearing in this type of application would be a BAD THING. The load on wheel bearings is carried vertically(up/down) , horizontal pressure on this type of bearing would kill it...qwik.

hav a well greased 1...RSD.

It would make more sence if the axle rested on the whole inner race instead of just the edges of the bearings.
would it ? What would stop the inner part of the race from spinning and scoring up the axle itself ? Eventually, the harder steel of the inner would eat thru the softer material of the axle.
this is the reason for part # 2, 11 an' 14.

is it all makin' sense yet...?

well were is the thread.. haha I have new bearings sitting here and no damn RSD walk thru to keep me from eggin' it up.

can't find it.. I remember something about the post title (unfortunatly it said nothign about bearings).. or maybe something like . "this will have alot of bearing to you all." or something...

Back