Wheel Bearings

Friggin rerar bearing cost me!!!! Are you ready for this? 92 bucks!! The front were only 15 bucks for the pair...I think the guy overnite charged me for them..I stopped by the dealer and my cost on them from him was 65 bucks, but he didnt have them...

Anyways, they are in and the bike rolls alot better.

I took the seals off of one side of the bearings and as stated above, they needed more grease, one almost had none in it. At these prices they should at least put all the grease in them..

A pic for ya.

busabearings23.jpg

can we get a step by step with some pics?

i just looked for them whats the part number for the rear and front?

Sheet man, I left the bearing parts down at the shop. I had to work on a ZX9 this afternoon..

I dont have step by step pics, sorry..

Buying the new bearing at the dealer seems to be the cheapest option..

actully the cheapest option is parts411.com and theres a guy selling bearings on ebay 2front 2rear and cush drive 75bucks free shipping...dealership will nvr be the cheapest option
wink.gif

Friggin rerar bearing cost me!!!! Are you ready for this? 92 bucks!!
Anyways, they are in and the bike rolls alot better.

I took the seals off of one side of the bearings and as stated above, they needed more grease, one almost had none in it.
wow, I would have sent you a set for like .... 20 bucks.

good thing you opened 'em up...

hehehehehe....

Rubbah dont always talk crap.... sometimes there's sum info...

I noticed last week when changing the rear tire that my rear bearings are shot.

I'm sorta interested in doing it myself.. but the local guy that does my tires offered to get the bearings, and install for a little less than $50... for $50 I probably won't bother with it.

if fronts are that cheap I'll just go ahead and get those also..

oh.. 13,000 miles on my 'busa.. been thru rain, drags, track, you name it.. not sure if that speaks well of the bearings, or badly.. who knows.

I may start greasing them better though. I had been doing it only at tire changes.. maybe at the change, and once in between or something would prevent the same problem.

I'd like to see the walk thru though Rubbah if you got the time to snap the pics and show us humble DIY'ers so we don't totally screw something in the process.

I may start greasing them better though.  .

I'd like to see the walk thru though Rubbah if you got the time to snap the pics and show us
I'll see if I've got a sealed "Test Subject" around ...

I did a cool walkthru on this a year or 2 back...

I'm workin' on it.... you "Ego-Maniac"

"O where, O where, has my little post gone ?"

"O where, o where can it be?"

awesome bearing post, cool pics, very informative...

insulted very few people... odd for me.. I know...

After I bought 4 needle seats for a ZX9R today, I feel like my bearings were pretty cheap..4 needles seats, retail cost was 262.00$....Unreal..My cost was less, but I am selling them for 262.00$

I will Do some checking on the bearing hose job cost next week..They hosed me good..I am hoping they are some kind of superior KOYO bearing..

I feel like my bearings were pretty cheap..4 needles seats, retail cost was 262.00$......My cost was less, but I am selling them for 262.00$

..They hosed me good..
I hope you at least got the Micheal Jackson" "Kiddie Size" jar of vasoline with that order....

ouch, they fugged ya...

did they at least talk dirty to ya first....

hav a well lubed 1...RSD.

Here is the ROn Ayers price per valve..This doesnt include shipping. My guess is they would put it in a 1 foot square UPS box..

Part Number: 16030-1094
Description: VALVE-FLOAT
Price: $48.00

i thought we were talking about bearings?

We were and I got shafted..So changing the subject makes me feel better when we talk about the guy with the ZX9 getting shafted worse..

The bearing is a good thing to do to the Busa. This thing rols alot easier. I got 90 miles on it today and could really tell the difference when just sitting still on the bike. It just rolls easier..

yeah i went to the dealer and he said i didnt really need to change the bearings if i wasnt having any probs. Will any old bearings work better than the stock bearings. Im thinking about the kit that was on ebay

I would go with the kit on Ebay..I had mine tore down when I went for bearings, you have the advantage of getting the bearings first..

If it is rolling fine, dont worry about it. I would not replace them till next tire change at least.

Out of curiousity when is it time to change out stock wheel bearings as well as how long would ceramic ones last vs stock ones???

well my next tire change is tuesday so while i had them off...The dealers also said something about some seals that were on teh inside of the wheels did you chainge those?

well my next tire change is tuesday so while i had them off...The dealers also said something about some seals that were on teh inside of the wheels did you chainge those?
hey him... the seals are supposed to stop dirt from entering into the bearing...they do an' ok job.

Back