whats the difference

OB_VegasDude

Registered
Whats the difference between bridgestone's
BT56 and the BT56 J. I was told there was no difference. R was just a indicator where the tire was made, but that doesnt make sense....

Different profile/higher speed rating/To bad they retail for $305.00US
Lets figure out what other set of tires works as these are expensive and hard to get.
Its not like we dont use a lot of them as a group.

Your tire salesman was strokeing you, the J is a specific model made for the Hayabusa. The tires on the stock bike have a differant radius and just measure them the 190 rear actually measures out to a 198 it is the biggest tire short of Pirelli's 200 series tire. Most racers on the roadrace tracks use
Dunlop207gp's. Just look at the tire on your bike next to any other bike you will seee the differance. Dont trust salesmen they are sometimes no better than a politician. Sort of like oral sex really isn't sex, Just because the tire is a 190 doesn't mean it is the OEM replacement. Read your manual(I am not trying to say that the BT546J is the ultimate tire) I am just trying to tell you that it is NOT the same tire as in Bridgestone cataloges printed last year that are labeled as 1999 books. The stock tires are great over rain grooves and milled asphalt, better than the Metzeler's I use on other bikes.

Dude:
The BT56r is not the correct tire for the BUSA. Any dealer KNOWS this. Any salesman who told you the 'J' was just indicative of production facility or location or anything else is defrauding you. Please demand that the dealer remove this tire and replace it with the correct BT56-J. The 'BT56 J' is the only tire rated for the BUSA.
If you want to use another tire, be certain it is capable of handling the speed and power of the BUSA. I am not aware of any tire which has been determined acceptable by SUZUKI or any tire manufacturer, at least as of now. 6-29-99. Remember, it's the potential speed and torque, both, plus the combined total weight that applies here.
Ride safe and have fun.
Paladin.

Cool, that is the function of this web site to inform each other. The salesman who sold you the tire probably drives a CAR.

Hayabusa.org 1
Bogus Salesman 0

Back