What's A Tuck?

Jaddie

Registered
Dear Friends

What's a good tuck on a 'Busa?

That may sound like a really silly question, but I can't tuck in on the 'Busa the way I could on my '88 Ninja 600. On the Ninja I could get my head down near the tank and see through the windscreen. The Ninja had a much more relaxed riding position than the 'Busa. On the 'Busa I have a really hard time getting my head behind the windscreen, and when I do I can't see very well. My peripheral vision is very limited and what I can see isn't too clear. I'd prefer to have my head slightly above the windscreen so I can see better.

This is scary stuff at 130mph. If I'm tucked I'm scared because I can't see well and I'm in a very uncomfortable position. If I'm not tucked in, the wind feels violent against my head.

Should I seek to become comfortable in a full tuck with my eyes behind the windscreen? Or should I get my head only low enough to position my eyes just above the windscreen?

Buy a Puig Double bubble.
+1 The taller riders usually go that route...

I'm just 5'7", so I lay across the tank and can tuck in behind the stock screen just fine. I'd imagine anyone much taller than myself would need a taller wind screen
smile.gif

Dear Brendan & MIchelle

I reckon I'll have to add a Double Bubble to my wish list. I'm six feet tall. When I lower my head from my usual position, my helmet gets very close to the top edge of my stock windscreen, often touching it.

Thank you for your responses.

The D/B will give you that little more that you need. fit and finish on them is great
beerchug.gif

My '05 has a Suzuki "double-bubble," which works well. If you've got an '08, it's been redesigned for the tuck ...

08_Busa_01.jpg

Dear Friends

What's a good tuck on a 'Busa?

That may sound like a really silly question, but I can't tuck in on the 'Busa the way I could on my '88 Ninja 600. On the Ninja I could get my head down near the tank and see through the windscreen. The Ninja had a much more relaxed riding position than the 'Busa. On the 'Busa I have a really hard time getting my head behind the windscreen, and when I do I can't see very well. My peripheral vision is very limited and what I can see isn't too clear. I'd prefer to have my head slightly above the windscreen so I can see better.

This is scary stuff at 130mph. If I'm tucked I'm scared because I can't see well and I'm in a very uncomfortable position. If I'm not tucked in, the wind feels violent against my head.

Should I seek to become comfortable in a full tuck with my eyes behind the windscreen? Or should I get my head only low enough to position my eyes just above the windscreen?
Don't be skeered...just practice your high speed runs on a nice, safe, quiet road and work your way up...it'll come natural to you. I've been up to 181 GPS on my busa (with plenty left) with stock windscreen, and I'm 6'3"...no probs  
laugh.gif
 Just flatten out, slide your butt back as far as you can, tuck your elbows/knee's and feet in, and become one with the bike and you'll be fine  
winkold.gif

thumb_up.gif
 My next goal is limiter time...then an unrestricted run to see what she'll do  
cool.gif

I do need to add I run about 200 lbs tho...so I tuck in a bit tighter than alot of guys my height I would suspect
winkold.gif

winkold.gif

i always kinda wondered this cuase i got a nice beer gut im workin on that keeps me from a tuckin my head down right but my eyes are usually right at the sheild line

Even with the double bubble I can't get behind the screen and look through it.
Dear Dennis

Then how do you tuck? Just get your head down until your eyes are only slightly above the line of the windscreen?
I tuck as much as I can, but the head is still above the screen. With the double bouble, the airflow is directed high enough that I can get out of the blast without being behind the screen.

Same here. 6'4" and can't tuck, even behind the double bubble.

I don't worry about it. I can still hit 187 indicated!
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

I'm 6'1" and can lay my chinbar right on top of the tank, well inside the bubble. Butt just barely touches the hump, elbows fit right in front of my knees, no problems here.
ThumbsUp.gif

Can't figure out what the PROB is for some of you. I'm 6'3", 225 lbs. use a DB windscreen and had absolutley no problem looking through the windscreen at 192 indicated w/ GI Pro TRE in 5. Yes I looked to see what the speedomoter was at...185 indicated w/out the TRE. Now I have a 43t rear sprocket and those speeds are no longer available to me.

guys im 6'4''   310 lbs and i cant duck behind the stock windshield just put on some muscle and hang on i hit 182mph  but im in north dakota where the only thing you see on the back roads are tractors and cows. i go 140mph and still sit up.

I wish I could TUCK..... but there is a Certain Part of my Anatomy that Seems to be Getting in My Way
SHOCKED.gif

Back