What type of oil do you use?

I used this stuff

20140412_234607.jpg

Rotella T 5w40. 30000 miles on the bike. Used 5w30 Mobil 1 car oil for 15000 then switched to the Rotella. Read on Brocks performance page about using car oil. its not as bad as they say. Oh yeah I love motor oil posts also.

Guess I'm the odd man out here, but have had good experience using Bel-Ray products since the late '80's. Currently running this in the Busa.

54auiu.jpg

I run Rotella T6 full synthetic for many years now. Oil is great and no problems. I also use a FLO Stainless reusable oil filter. Set up works great for me and I change my oil every 3000.

I've run a variety of oils, depends on the bike and situation. my hayabusa got golden spectro 10w40 early in its life in the cooler months, 20w50 in the heat of the summer. I stuck to castrol for a while after that... but the shifting was clunky and bike didn't "feel" as good. Now I have mobil 1 in my bike (racing 4t 10w40) and my cage.

Just want to dig this up again.....I see some have used Mobil 1/big brand synthetic oil.....which type...Car or Bike specific.
I've used bike synthetic in the past and never had issues but I have found myself with 12L of car synthetic that on paper meets the oil spec required.

Just want to dig this up again.....I see some have used Mobil 1/big brand synthetic oil.....which type...Car or Bike specific.
I've used bike synthetic in the past and never had issues but I have found myself with 12L of car synthetic that on paper meets the oil spec required.

What kind of M1

Well, I may as well post. Been using Suzuki 10W-40 for almost 50K miles with an OEM filter with no problem's. It seem's by reading every oil thread you can run ANY kind of oil without issues.

:rulez:I know oil disscussions are nobodys favorites but....i noticed no one commented on the Lucus oils. I just picked up an 03 busa with 4500 miles and its gonna be a drag only bike. I was going to use the Lucus 10w40 motorcycle NON syn ( i use it in my Harley) Is there any horror stories out there with lucus? I just want to start with one and stay with it. Thanks in advance , this site is very helpfull:beerchug:

I am using the new synthetic Penzoil 10--40 oil made from natural gas. ( or was it 10-30 ? I will have to look in my shop manual to see what I wrote down ) I also add half a quart of NON synthetic Lucas to it. This was recomended to me by a Lucas dealer. He said the clutch doesn't like the full synthetic Lucas... only use half a quart of the NON synthetic Lucas. So far so good. it has been at least 2000 miles on this oil and everything seems good. I was using 10-40 Mobil 1 and it also seemed to be just fine. The Penzoil oil is $7.99 at walmart.

Back