What type of oil do you use?

:rulez:I know oil disscussions are nobodys favorites but....i noticed no one commented on the Lucus oils. I just picked up an 03 busa with 4500 miles and its gonna be a drag only bike. I was going to use the Lucus 10w40 motorcycle NON syn ( i use it in my Harley) Is there any horror stories out there with lucus? I just want to start with one and stay with it. Thanks in advance , this site is very helpfull:beerchug:

10w-40 Suzuki oil here. About $22 a gallon. Seems to work OK. Can't help but beleive that the manufacturer wouldn't provide a quality oil for their products.

:rulez:I know oil disscussions are nobodys favorites but....i noticed no one commented on the Lucus oils. I just picked up an 03 busa with 4500 miles and its gonna be a drag only bike. I was going to use the Lucus 10w40 motorcycle NON syn ( i use it in my Harley) Is there any horror stories out there with lucus? I just want to start with one and stay with it. Thanks in advance , this site is very helpfull:beerchug:

i would use a synthetic oil for sure in a race bike. not knocking dino oil or the lucas. I Just Know Synthetic will do better wih the high temps. And since you are cutting the bike off ever 1/4 of a mile, synthetic gives better prottection on start up. Redline,Amsoil, Mobil,Silkolene, Rotella T6 are all proven.

A used oil Analysis is the best way to know how well any oil performs. The color of the oil doesnt means much.
Blackstone Labs

The BUSA currently has the Castrol 10-40 in it, and will run it till it's time to change. Since I'm an Amsoil preferred customer, will be changing over to their 20-50 Motorcycle oil & K&N filter. Since this machine will be the Spring/Summer commuter/play ride, (Warm/Hot weather), 20-50's going in. Run the same in the R1100RS BMW, as that machine's used for touring in the summer. Run "regular" 10-40 Chevron, etc in the K100RS BMW, as that machine is for Fall & Winter. So there ya go :thumbsup:

I recently started using diesel oil in my vehicles diesel oil has more additives and if it could run the high compression of a diesel engine then it should be fine. I have a buddy with a kawasaki zx9 137,000 miles nothing but diesel oil when he went and did a rebuild on the motor the engine was pretty much spotless

i know this is an older thread. But rather then start another. Has anyone used Spectro oil? I have my bike in the shop right now and I figured since the fairings will be off anyway, might as well change the oil. I usually like to use Motul 5100 but, his shop recommends this oil. I told him to hold off until I got back with him.

SuperStreet.jpg

i know this is an older thread. But rather then start another. Has anyone used Spectro oil? I have my bike in the shop right now and I figured since the fairings will be off anyway, might as well change the oil. I usually like to use Motul 5100 but, his shop recommends this oil. I told him to hold off until I got back with him.

SuperStreet.jpg
I ran spectro in my Gsxr-600 for 3 years without problem, it's all the local dealer carries. Ive switched to Mobil 1 4T for the Busa, but that was just convenience as I can get it at the parts store.

Have you tried Olive Oil? I heard it works well:laugh:

Yeah I run Mobil1 as well, like you said more of a convenience thing cause I can get it at my local parts store. I usually end up changing my oil sooner than later to 3k miles so my busa usually ends up with a fresh change every 2500 miles or so

i'm on my second. I just don't like switching back and forth oil brands. I don't mind sticking with Spectro if its as good or better then motul 5100. i was also told to get a suzuki filter, this guys shop puts K&N. I don't see going wrong with K&N.

"(car oil) Its not designed for the clutch or the tranny. no car oil, no no no"

^^^That's what I have always been told, too. But if it is marked JASO approved, it is fine for a wet clutch.

I use Suzuki or Kaw 10W-40 oil or another conventional oil. Never cared for Honda GN4 oil. Seems to not run smooth very long. These are about $40 for 4 quarts and a filter at a dealership

After I get to about 6K I will switch to Full synthetic. I use Rotella T6 5W-40 synthetic in my other bike and it seems to work well and last somewhat longer than conventional. It costs about the same as MC oil so I use it for the benefits of synthetic + I change it just as often as I would change conventional. I get the Rotella at the auto supply for about $23/gallon.

P1060878.jpg

Motul 300V 10w40 factory line and OEM filter....$60 a gallon + filter, but come on guys....its only money....

i use Rotella T6 5w-40. I used it in my GSXR-750 prior to this for about 10k, and now almost 10k in my current bike. It shifts smooth, runs quiet, and the oil is inexpensive, also JASO MA approved, so in my eyes why not run it for an everyday street bike

Amsoil but I don't see any difference than Mobile 1 Race bike. Amsoil just markets better and costs more,,,Switching back on the next change and not wasting money...Kinda why you see so many Harleys out there...

Back