what the heck?  thought the busa was bulletproof?

(mospeed @ Feb. 07 2007,20:02) Its a small place but its a Exxon gas, maybe. No tanker truck either. I know not too.

Ill drain the gas and are what happens.
mospeed,

what gas station in Houston were you at so I want stop there? I live on the north side. B
firedevil.gif
eltway 8 and 45N.

I know of at least one local gas station in my area that has bad gas.
I'd say its more likely the tanks in the ground taking in ground or rainwater
somehow. Rather than the Gas that is actually delivered to them.
Stuff can happen if your in an area that freezes and thaws a few times
per year.

(Valupeh @ Feb. 08 2007,10:13) I know of at least one local gas station in my area that has bad gas.
I'd say its more likely the tanks in the ground taking in ground or rainwater
somehow. Rather than the Gas that is actually delivered to them.
Stuff can happen if your in an area that freezes and thaws a few times
per year.
Ditto, those tanks could have all kinds of issues at an older station. And there could have been something on the nozzle or in the line.

When gas sits for a while, it separates into water and the remainder.. Water is heavier than the other part that separates out, so the water goes to the bottom.

So, if the tanks were low at the station, that could have been your issue. And any water in the cylinders will obviously kill your spark, thus your bike died. The same applies if you leave fuel sitting in your gas tank for an extended period of time- and since the fuel line connects to the bottom of your gas tank, the first thing that goes in the cylinders is diluted fuel or water.

Just my 2 cents..

BUSAFETT

(meluvmybusa @ Feb. 08 2007,07:12)
(mospeed @ Feb. 07 2007,20:02) Its a small place but its a Exxon gas, maybe. No tanker truck either. I know not too.

Ill drain the gas and are what happens.
mospeed,

what gas station in Houston were you at so I want stop there?  I live on the north side.  B
firedevil.gif
eltway 8 and 45N.
it was the exxon gas station in pearland on FM1128 (where foodtown is) and 518. across the street from Jack in the box and autozone

My guess would be a HID which prevents recharging of the battery if you do short trips only. My friend has the same problem.

Try charging the battery. If the bike runs fine after that, then blame the HIDs. Make your idle 1500 - 2000.

To me it sounds more like a gas starvation problem. I would at least start there  
beerchug.gif

I wud put the battery on a automatic 1.5 amp trickle charge for starters.See how long the light stays yellow and when it turns green you know your battery is alright.
Just make sure the batttery tests ok one way or another. After that i wud check the gas issue.
Good luck!

(reiny @ Feb. 08 2007,13:56) I wud put the battery on a automatic 1.5 amp trickle charge for starters.See how long the light stays yellow and when it turns green you know your battery is alright.
Just make sure the batttery tests ok one way or another. After that i wud check the gas issue.
Good luck!
i put the trickle charger on it last night and it didn't start this morning. it cranked just fine, just didn't turn over.

I'm going to drain the gas when I get home from work. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Smell the gas. Does it smell like normal good fuel. We all know what bad gas smells like. Check your vent lines and try starting the bike with the gas cap open. If there is a vacumm trap, the open cap will let the tank breathe.

Also, when you turn on the key without starting the bike, does the fuel pump prime?

More than likely if you had an almost empty tank when you filled up the gas is bad.  If you drain and refill and the bike still doesn't run quite right, throw a set of sparkplugs in it. You can get the same exact NGK's like OEM from Advance autoparts or another autoparts dealer for about $3.65 per plug. DO NOT go to the dealer for plugs, and don't EVER tell them you replaced the plugs yourself as long as your under warranty. This isn't a big deal but I'd hate to see the stealership try to void your warranty just for swapping a set of plugs.

(IG. @ Feb. 08 2007,16:24) My guess would be a HID which prevents recharging of the battery if you do short trips only. My friend has the same problem.

Try charging the battery. If the bike runs fine after that, then blame the HIDs. Make your idle 1500 - 2000.
Interesting, I have never had any problems with mine.

(GMbusa @ Feb. 08 2007,19:01) You can get the same exact NGK's like OEM from Advance autoparts or another autoparts dealer for about $3.65 per plug. .
If you get your plugs from Paul you also get cheese burgers!!

DSC04279.jpg

Back