what the fucc is wrong with my bike?

.MINE DROPED TO LIKE 800RPM, AND SOUNDED KINDA ROUGH...
hehe . . . when my idle dropped a little last week it sound a little different.
First thing my wife says is ... "you did something to the motor!... did you put those fuggin Yosh cams in?!?
mad.gif
"

I am not sure which is more frightening...the fact my wife can hear the difference in the idle and recognize what a performance cam sounds lke in the motor....or that she still remembers the countless months I spent "tweaking" my last bikes..... especially after I "promised to stay out" of this motor......
rock.gif

alright ya'll i fixed it this morning, quite a pain in the ass to lift the tank if you ask me............but im happy its done, thanks..........

glad ya got er. It may end up drop'in again later on though so ya might be lift'in that hood again.:;):

Its common for idle speeds to drop. Some use locktite to keep the idle screw from backing out, others(like me) just adjust it when it needs it. Its cake to lift the gas tank...

yeah i took off the seat, and the two allen-wrench bolts at the front of the gas tank (near instrument cluster) then the 4 bolts near the battery and under the seat, where those 4 bolts were, i was scared i was gonna drop the bottom row (they were hard to get out and even harder to put back in, and i dont have a magnetic tool) but i got it done, hopefully i dont hafta do it anytime soon........

yeah i took off the seat, and the two allen-wrench bolts at the front of the gas tank (near instrument cluster) then the 4 bolts near the battery and under the seat, where those 4 bolts were, i was scared i was gonna drop the bottom row (they were hard to get out and even harder to put back in, and i dont have a magnetic tool) but i got it done, hopefully i dont hafta do it anytime soon........
Sounds like you took too many bolts off. There are four, two that hold the seat on and two on the front of the tank.

The tank is designed to pivot up and be held by the prop rod that's under your rear seat/hump.

Sounds like you took too many bolts off. There are four, two that hold the seat on and two on the front of the tank.

The tank is designed to pivot up and be held by the prop rod that's under your rear seat/hump.
+1 Too many bolts removed. Lucky your engine didn't fall out.
laugh.gif

+1   Too many bolts removed.  Lucky your engine didn't fall out.
laugh.gif
+1 more, just need to lift the tank, sounds like he took off enough to remove the tank.
Takes only 10 minutes to get the idle adjustment.

He started this thread way back in July. If he ain't done yet, I would strongly advice that he find another hobby! Sheeesh!!!
smile.gif

That's what I love about my '99 Busa.  The idle screw is right on top of the clutch cover right where the fairing meets it.

OH man, when i read he said it was tough to lift the tank i was confused. But then i saw he was unbolting the inline rotary-gerter .................. im retarded.
laugh.gif

Back