what the fucc is wrong with my bike?

BusaHaya402

Registered
alright ya'll i got an 05 busa, 7 days old with 1400 miles, i had the first service done at 800 miles and the idle didnt need to be adjusted, however it is now at about 900 and i would like to raise it to 1100, but dont wanna make a 100 mile trip all the way to the dealer, so where is the idle adjuster at?? in case someone asks, the reason i waited until 800 miles instead of 600 for the first service is because when i went to pick up the bike, i told em i needed to schedule an appointment immediately for the first service, asap, and with everyone being busy this time of year, it was 4 days before they could get me in, after 4 days i was at 800 miles, but they told me it didnt matter...............

now for the main problem:

when i start the bike, it occasionally dies almost right away (oil light comes on). it even does this when the fast idle is turned up (when it was cold) and after a while it will continue to run, is this cause the idle is originally too low?

but the even more disturbing thing, about 5 times now, ive been driving (in ALL gears, ALL RPM ranges, and ALL speeds) and ive got to slow down to brake etc, so i pull in the clutch and this ##### dies.........so i restart with no problems, but i think if this happens one more time im going to throw it in the gutter and go buy another, it pisses me off so much and i hate problems, its a brand new fuccin bike?? what the hell is the matter? thanks for the opinions ya'll.............

Take the seat off and lift the tank. On the right side there is a screw adjustment forthe idle. Turn it up to about 1150 nor so and you should be o.k.

alright ya'll i got an 05 busa, 7 days old with 1400 miles, i had the first service done at 800 miles and the idle didnt need to be adjusted, however it is now at about 900 and i would like to raise it to 1100, but dont wanna make a 100 mile trip all the way to the dealer, so where is the idle adjuster at??  in case someone asks, the reason i waited until 800 miles instead of 600 for the first service is because when i went to pick up the bike, i told em i needed to schedule an appointment immediately for the first service, asap, and with everyone being busy this time of year, it was 4 days before they could get me in, after 4 days i was at 800 miles, but they told me it didnt matter...............

when i start the bike, it occasionally dies almost right away (oil light comes on).  it even does this when the fast idle is turned up (when it was cold)  and after a while it will continue to run, is this cause the idle is originally too low?

but the even more disturbing thing, about 5 times now, ive been driving (in ALL gears, ALL RPM ranges, and ALL speeds) and ive got to slow down to brake etc, so i pull in the clutch and this ##### dies.........so i restart with no problems, but i think if this happens one more time im going to throw it in the gutter and go buy another, it pisses me off so much and i hate problems, its a brand new fuccin bike??     what the hell is the matter?  thanks for the opinions ya'll.............
Get another bike?

Haha.. read your quote.. Sounds like your a quitter. You don't have strength!

ROYZGSX

Sounds like the idle is too low. Time for you to read the manual and adjust it
laugh.gif

It's been covered many times here, but, quickly.....

remove front seat
unbolt front of gas tank and support with prop stick ( it comes with the bike, in the tail section)

find the gold knurled screw, right side, right behind the throttle bodies.
give it a 1/4 turn clockwise to start.

reassemble in reverse order
tounge.gif

the only reason i said "throw it in the gutter and go buy another" is because i was frustrated, i love my busa!!!!

but thanks for the advice everyone.......

MY IDLE DID THE SAME THING, JUST IDLE IT UP AND YOU SHOULD BE FINE.MINE DROPED TO LIKE 800RPM, AND SOUNDED KINDA ROUGH, I ATTRIBUTED IT TO BREAK IN, SO I JUST RAISED THE TANK AND REMOVED THE SEAT AND IDLED IT UP YO 1150RPM, SHE BE OK NOW.

alright ya'll i got an 05 busa, 7 days old with 1400 miles, i had the first service done at 800 miles and the idle didnt need to be adjusted, however it is now at about 900 and i would like to raise it to 1100, but dont wanna make a 100 mile trip all the way to the dealer, so where is the idle adjuster at??  in case someone asks, the reason i waited until 800 miles instead of 600 for the first service is because when i went to pick up the bike, i told em i needed to schedule an appointment immediately for the first service, asap, and with everyone being busy this time of year, it was 4 days before they could get me in, after 4 days i was at 800 miles, but they told me it didnt matter...............

when i start the bike, it occasionally dies almost right away (oil light comes on).  it even does this when the fast idle is turned up (when it was cold)  and after a while it will continue to run, is this cause the idle is originally too low?

but the even more disturbing thing, about 5 times now, ive been driving (in ALL gears, ALL RPM ranges, and ALL speeds) and ive got to slow down to brake etc, so i pull in the clutch and this ##### dies.........so i restart with no problems, but i think if this happens one more time im going to throw it in the gutter and go buy another, it pisses me off so much and i hate problems, its a brand new fuccin bike??     what the hell is the matter?  thanks for the opinions ya'll.............
Get another bike?

Haha.. read your quote.. Sounds like your a quitter.  You don't have strength!

ROYZGSX
106 post and he is calln you a Quiter? Hell, he may not even OWN a Busa. It,s no biggy, your manual will walk you through it, you can even take a long screw driver and adjust the idle WITHOUT raising the tank, but I,d sugest raising the tank the first time to get familur with the location of the idle screw, and then you can just put a flat screw driver on the edge of the idle screw and tap it up or down.

Before you shoot your Busa or something...

Download the service manual and get familiar with your bike. This will save you a lot of frustration.

cool.gif

It is AMAZING how many people buy a bike and do not read the instruction manual.......It's also amazing that some people take out their tool kit to fit something else more important i.e. sweatshirt,Honda polish blah,blah,blah........

Your owners manual has instructions as to how to set up the idle... (with pictures) ... I suggest you refer it!! Its pretty easy to do
smile.gif

You should always read the Owner's Manual cover to cover the minute you get home from buying a new bike and forget aboiut the joy riding until the next day!! Anyway, your problem is definitely a low idle speed. Pulling in the clutch at an RPM above 5000 or so will cause the RPMs to drop below 1000 and she'll sometimes die on you, if your idle speed is not set at 1250 plus/minus. ADJUST your idle to 1250 RPM and whalaaa.....no more problems. Oh, no insult intended here, but READ and LEARN to do your own oil/filter changes and chain clean and adjusting as well. Not to say that you're a newbie to two-wheeled fun, but a lot of people are under the misconception that a motorcyle is like a car and only needs to be gassed up and washed once in a while, not so. Little things like your tires will typically lose 1 psi a week; your chain should be cleaned lubed at least every 400 miles and if necessary, adjusted inorder to maintain 1" slack. And the list goes on and on........

Back