what little patience I had, is gone...

...and yeah Tigerbay,

welcome to the board
biggrin.gif

Most items that are common have been disscussed.

1> TOS {loose mounting can exagerate the TOS and cause fault, Cracked ears can cause it too}

[you mentioned your guages flickering]

2> Ground {loose or corroded grounds-battery is worst place-}

3> Connectors { @ the guages can get corroded also }

4> Idle setting { set too low, sounds crazy yea but has been culprit to a few }

5> TRE {do you have one, if so unplug it and see if it continues }

6> PCII {uplug it inspect the connectors for corrosion and or condensation }

7> Dirty Fuel Filter & or Inj. SCREENS {clean the fuel filter, run some injector cleaner for atleast 2 full tanks of fuel }

8> and last but not least Kickstand Switch {replace it no fixing it }

Those are a few off the top of my head.

OF course mine is a y2k with over 45,ooo miles.
I have had that sneaky lil die scenario more then once, @ around 20k then again around 35k.
Have tried everything to cure it, listed all of them.

Even installed a NEW battery.

Problem has since gone, unsure WHICH was the fix, but am just glad it stopped.

I have no idea what mods are done to your busa, or the year sorry.

oh one more thing, check you TPS lately?
Jump the dealer plug and see if the TPS is centered, I think that was one fix listed before..

Good Luck,
Ron

I'll check the tip over switch today.
Just about every ground that can be cleaned ,has.
Connectors,done
Idle's at 1,300 a bit high.
No TRE,tried it for a bit,thought it sucked.
PC II , have one,but its not connected.
New fuel filter. Screens physically cleaned last yr,will do again.
The side stand,I was thinking about closing the circuit permanantly, at least for testing for a couple days. Just some simple wiring.
I'll check the voltage in my battery,can't afford a new one this second,so I hope its up.

thx man....its a Y2K same as yours.

Hey rubbha... I'll give you a really nice piece of advice! Take it to the freaking mechanic

Its high time you stopped trying to figure out the problem yourself, and took it to a reputed Suzuki Dealership to get it checked out! Cause if you have your bike stalling on you when changing lanes... you have some serious problems there bro
biggrin.gif
First , I dont run from problems, I make them run from me...

Second,there isn't a REPUTABLE dearler in this corner of the planet. I'm a better tech than most of them. In 25+ years of repairing cars an' bikes,my own + friends an' families,an' a little moonlighting here an' there. I've used a shop twice. Once with a truck I had...they charged me hundreds of bucks to fix it.They didn't. Rubbah just about fuggin' strangled the aruguing service dic-head. Took it home,discovered my last fill-up was about 10% water. The shop charged me for a full tune up. Bastids.They just needed to drain the tank.Incompetant fugs. The one time I used a bike shop, they broke a piece. Then charged me for...well...hee hee hee...they tried too.

I'll get, haven't been beaten yet. Not by a vehicle anyway
wink.gif

Thanks for stopping by Ron (Busafied) and giving some support.
beerchug.gif

Hey Rub have ya got this fixed yet? If you had a TRE and took it off like I did on mine check where you spliced the line. I had a problem and it turned out the wire that was reconnected had broke and was shorting on and off.. Just a thought..

i'm tellin ya, it's the tip-over fluid... fill it up instead of drinkin it!

Any luck yet?  What's your bottom dollar for her today?
biggrin.gif
 J/K, hope you can get it fixed.
Cobra, ma man....make me a fuggin' offer.

It got me twice today...once on a light right hand sweeper,not a major lean, was doin around 110 MPH, then it got me again, in the same place it did 2 days ago...doin' about 20 MPH...freaky huh...call that Rod Serling dikk from The Twilight Zone.

hav a less broken 1...RSD.

tomorrow,the fuel rail comes off,an' the injector screens get cleaned, maybe sumfin will turd up there.

an post a pic of that beeoch in the girlfriends section.
my busa is just like this twat(can you say twat on this site) anyway,its just like her...sometimes works,sometimes doesn't,unresponsive under load, awesome lookin' but very troublesome, my Busa has a reincarnated beech in it.
Even thou I lubed her properly, the piece of krap still wont open up....
whats next, I gotta buy my bike some flowers an' take it out to dinner?

How old is you fuel pump
rock.gif
maybe she's tired and just not puttin' out when you need to get a little
tounge.gif

Back