What kind of turbo kit you got ?

C_Henry

Registered
What kits are you running and, how do you like them ? Just want some info on different kits from the people who actually buy them. How are they on the street ? How are they on the track ? Are they hard to tune ? Are they easy to install ?

"most" people around here run

"ghetto" kits from dennis clanton (motorhead)
velocity kits
hahn kits

there are a few others around like mr. turbo and a few other kits but I would say the majority run those 3 kits. check out suzukihaybusa.org (motorhead runs it). He has TONS of info on his ghetto kit and will answer all your questions.

hard to tune the correct way. I use a qualified tuner. Great on the street unless you keep turning it up everytime for more boost.

I'm running a Velocity Stage 1 street kit, installed and tuned by TotalKaos Performance. I have had 0 problems with it, as long as I leave it alone...LOL
It has not seen the strip yet, but has quite a few street miles on it.

I'm running a Velocity Stage 1 street kit, installed and tuned by TotalKaos Performance. I have had 0 problems with it, as long as I leave it alone...LOL
It has not seen the strip yet, but has quite a few street miles on it.
Your bike has gotten to show quality...May never see the track...
evil.gif

I'm running a Velocity Stage 1 street system also...Installed by Kevin at TotalKaosPerformance...Most of the entry level kits such a mine state that their bolt on and go...Like Ninja Eater stated a proper tuning should always be performed...
evil.gif

I'm also running a Velocity Stage 1 street kit, installed and tuned by my brother and I . I have done 5000KM on it so far with zero problems .

I forgot NLR they are a popular one also.

I think NJ runs a velocity kit.

There is alot of info about the ghetto kits on suzukihayabusa.org. I have one with the BOV it was 4100 to my door. BiggerDanno off of that site has it, he is dyno tuning it and installed the water injection.

Velocity also makes a entry level kit that is comparable in cost to the Ghetto Kit...They call their kit the Bare Bones Kit...The low cost of either kit is because you get simply the basic parts and have to fabricate your vacuum and fuel lines...I would stray away from these kits unless you have great mechanical skills...

What are you running NinjaEater ?
Long long list. Header and 16g large turbo is Hahn. large injectors, T-rex fuel pump. Different rising Cartec regulator, wate injection, TDC fuel rail plenum bolt down unit. I keep it at 302-320 o the stret. Moswt of the time 302hp. it will do 350hp with race gas and the boost up at 14-16 lbs, no reason to do high unless racing.

Velocity also makes a entry level kit that is comparable in cost to the Ghetto Kit...They call their kit the Bare Bones Kit...The low cost of either kit is because you get simply the basic parts and have to fabricate your vacuum and fuel lines...I would stray away from these kits unless you have great mechanical skills...
very good advise.

Back