Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

stage one vs. stage two rcc turbo kits

IRDEATH1340

Registered
What are the actual differences between the two kits? bigger turbo? fuel management systems?

What are the actual differences between the two kits? bigger turbo? fuel management systems?

The Stage One and Stage Two RCC turbo systems use the same turbo, capable of going 425+ rwhp. There are differences that depend on whether we are talking about a Gen 1 or a Gen 2. A Gen 1 Stage One does not come with extra fuel management. With the stock Gen 1 injectors and a stock motor, you can make 260+ at 8 pounds of boost on pump fuel, with turbo pistons, you would lose about 20 rwhp at the same level. A Gen 1 Stage Two comes with a different plenum that has injector tunnels, piggyback injectors and billet fuel rail, Microtech LT9c fuel controller. This is the kit that is capable of 425+ on a built motor with C16. This is because it has the fuel system to get your there, even though it is the same turbo that comes with the Stage One.

Now when you talk about a Stage One for a Gen 2, we get into apples and oranges, because the Gen 2 version of the Stage One kit is an "ecu editor" kit - it is taking advantage of all eight injectors that the Gen 2 comes with stock. The Stage One Ecu Editor kit can go 350 rwhp on stock injectors and a built motor. If you wanted to step it up, you could opt for the RCC Gen 2 billet rail with #65 pound secondary injectors, still being controlled by ecu editor boost fueling, now we are going over 400 rear wheel again . . .

Capice? :laugh:

yes I have an 09, and I know we have spoke before, I will have engine built, I was ready to purchase a turbo a few months ago, but some stuff came up. Now Im back in the market again. just wondering what the is the big difference between the two kits. I definitely want a bov and water /methanol injection. Just couldn't decide between the two kits. what the big price difference was.

yes I have an 09, and I know we have spoke before, I will have engine built, I was ready to purchase a turbo a few months ago, but some stuff came up. Now Im back in the market again. just wondering what the is the big difference between the two kits. I definitely want a bov and water /methanol injection. Just couldn't decide between the two kits. what the big price difference was.

The Stage One for the Gen 2 is $4450 + $395 for the BOV and $799 for the water/meth injection. If you decide that you want to go past the 350 rwhp the stock injectors are capable of on the Gen 2, you can opt for the Gen 2 billet fuel rail, $240, the 62# injectors $440/set and injector connectors, $20. With the billet fuel rail option, you will essentially be on the same level as a Gen 1 Stage Two kit. POWERHOUSE will knock $150 off any RCC turbo system to org members with more than 10 posts until further notice . . . :laugh:

so once im ready to order just send you a message, Ive been a member on here since 08 just couldn't get my old profile name and password correct, so just made a new one

Top Bottom