What does GSX-R stand for?

Alternatives and additions found:

YAMAHA - "Yahoo!", Agressive Motorcyclist Arse Hat Alert!

HARLEY DAVIDSON
Hogs Are Really Expensive, Your Dollars Are Very Irresponsibly Disbursed, Spent On Nonsense

SOFTTAIL
Soft Or Fluffy? Tell The Truth And I'll Laugh

LOW RIDER
Loud Old Wacko Rides Irresponsibly Down Entire Road

AMC
Almost Mechanically Caustic

BIG DOG
Barely Ingenious, Gonna Drop On Ground

WEST COAST CHOPPERS
Why Everyone's Still Too Cool, Obviously, As Seen Televised Constantly, Harley Ownin' Pediatricians Pervade Everyone's Ridin' Space

HONDA
Happy Owners, Nice  - Deviceful Advertising!

GOLDWING
Get On, Load Dingy Wife, Irritate Normal Guys

KAWASAKI
Kick And Whack And Slam - Aren't Kawi's Indestructible?

SUZUKI
Slow Until Zooming Under Kids' Influence

YAMAHA
You And Me Ain't Harley Admirers

DUCATI
Developed Ulcer Considering Affording This Item

CAGIVA
Can't Afford, Get It Via "Aquisition"

BMW
British Made Wreckage

TRIUMPH
Totally Ripping It Up, Making Police Hurry

NORTON
Nice Old Ride, The Owner's Nuts

EXCELSIOR HENDERSON
Even X-Champions Expect Loose Screws, I Only Ride Her Extreemly Near Distances, Even Rain Spooks Owners' Nerves

BSA
Bruises, Sprains Assured

BENELLI
British Engineers Never Even Learned Little Italian

MOTO GUZZI
Machine Owned To Only Goof Up, Zig-Zag, Irritate

URAL
Unless Russians Are Loners

ROYAL ENFIELD
Rich Old Yanks All Love, Even Nuts Feel It's England's Lowest Development

KTM
Killed The Maico

MAICO
Malfunctions, Awfuly Irritating, Constant Obstacles

BULTACO
Bettter Understood Largely Throughout Ancient Civilizations Only

INDIAN
Irresponsible Nutjobs Devised Illogical Alliance Nevertheless

BUELL
Boring Until Engineers Lighten Load

VICTORY
Very Impressive, Cool To Old Riding Yokels

HODAKA
How Often Does A Kid Aquire?

HUSQVARNA
Horribly Ugly, Something Quite Vicious About Riders, Not Advised

DUKE
Don't Underestimate Kooky Engineering!
Someone had a lot of time on their hands!

Wow, i always thought RS stood for really slow, but then again im a Ford guy!
Found On Road Dead?
First On Race Day
biggrin.gif

if I believe correctly, the "R" comes after the GSX1300 because there is not as much emphasis on the "racing" ("R")platform.

GSXR's are more race-oriented, and although the Busa was developed using some of this technology, it was not meant for full on racing. The Hayabusa concept was born from the old GSX frame.

Suzuki used a GSX platform infused with "R" technology to realize the birthing of the bike. Hence the name, GSX1300R. More emphasis was placed on the GSX side (a more touring-friendly bike), but with "R" (racing & speed oriented) platform capabilities.

Or so I've read.
smile.gif

addition:

If I remember reading correctly, during the speed wars, Suzuki wanted to trounce the field. For some reason, it was always behind Kawasaki (leader for 6-7 years before being dethroned by the CBR 1100XX) and Honda.

Instead of designing a completely new bike, they decided to use what they had to make a mark in the speed world...ASAP. A minor redesign on the the 1100 engine yielded a 1300. The result was Suzuki utilizing a GSX frame with the new 1300 engine utilizing new engine refinement and improved SRAD technology. On top of all this, the design was influenced by the GSXR platform technology. Years of aerodynamic research (with a rider actually on the prototype) in the wind tunnel led to the design of the bike. 3 years of R & D later, the Hayabusa hits the market and never looks back.

<!--EDIT|PACIFICBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116606231 -->

if I believe correctly, the "R" comes after the GSX1300 because there is not as much emphasis on the "racing" ("R")platform.

GSXR's are more race-oriented, and although the Busa was developed using some of this technology, it was not meant for full on racing. The Hayabusa concept was born from the old GSX frame.

Suzuki used a GSX platform infused with "R" technology to realize the birthing of the bike. Hence the name, GSX1300R. More emphasis was placed on the GSX side (a more touring-friendly bike), but with "R" (racing & speed oriented) platform capabilities.

Or so I've read.
smile.gif

addition:

If I remember reading correctly, during the speed wars, Suzuki wanted to trounce the field. For some reason, it was always behind Kawasaki (leader for 6-7 years before being dethroned by the CBR 1100XX) and Honda.

Instead of designing a completely new bike, they decided to use what they had to make a mark in the speed world...ASAP. A minor redesign on the the 1100 engine yielded a 1300. The result was Suzuki utilizing a GSX frame with the new 1300 engine utilizing new engine refinement and improved SRAD technology. On top of all this, the design was influenced by the GSXR platform technology. Years of aerodynamic research (with a rider actually on the prototype) in the wind tunnel led to the design of the bike. 3 years of R & D later, the Hayabusa hits the market and never looks back.
Now thats some gyan...
biggrin.gif

I would guess experimental X, race R, added to Suzuki's origional GS designation.

For some reason, it was always behind Kawasaki (leader for 6-7 years before being dethroned by the CBR 1100XX) and Honda.
The ZX-11 was only beaten in top speed by two bikes, neither one wore a Honda badge. ZX-12 and the Busa are the only two to have a higher top speed than a D-model ZX-11. It took the crown away from the ZX-10, and kept it until 1999.

For some reason, it was always behind Kawasaki (leader for 6-7 years before being dethroned by the CBR 1100XX) and Honda.
The ZX-11 was only beaten in top speed by two bikes, neither one wore a Honda badge. ZX-12 and the Busa are the only two to have a higher top speed than a D-model ZX-11. It took the crown away from the ZX-10, and kept it until 1999.
As I understand it (if you believe the magazines) the XX was faster than the ZX-11 in 1997. Then the Busa was released & you know the rest!
cool.gif

FORD - Fugged Over Rebuilt Dodge

I thought ford (as seen throught the rear view mirror) was dumbass returns on foot ?
laugh.gif

Back