WHAT AN IDIOT!!!

Now that is good to hear!! Now take her out on one of those lonely back roads and let her stretch her legs a little.

Glad to hear you got it going again
biggrin.gif
 now don't ever do that again or we will be calling you an idiot  
tounge.gif

Welcome to the board. Wow you really goofed
wow.gif

Yeah, you need to drain the fuel out... and clean up the injectors. But I seriously dont think it will fug up your engine or anything
smile.gif

Been there done that on my car when younger..Welcome to the board..

a friend of my brother's put gas on his diesel VW... He had heard from the VW board that it would make it go faster... they just forgot to add that it would only be for about 50 feet
laugh.gif

Hey All, she is back running!!!! Allot of smoke as yall had said and running again. Thanks to All who replied. However it still isn't funny to me yet.............. hehe. neal<span style='color:green'></span>
cool glad you get her running again. Now don't do that again.
poke.gif

No I will never do that one again.
sad.gif
I remember laughing at someone in the past doing the same to a car and wondering how could anyone do such a thing?
iamwithstupid.gif
neal

Clean it all flush it out with gas, don't use water! Use an air pressure if you have some to blow all that diesel out with and like everyone else said change the plugs. A friend of mine did it too, not a bike but a car, that thing smoked so bad I thought it was on fire. Good luck.

I should read the 2nd page I guess, sorry, glade to here it's all back and running. How many hours did it take you?

You should be ok jusy drain the fuel system and then refuel it it is going to smoke like hell but you should be ok. Hopefully you did not foul out the plugs. You may need to change the plugs. And the sensor may have been coated , so it may run like garbage for the first couple miles, but nothing major.

I've been in the Oil business for 15 years, and it has happened more times than i could count using fingers, toes and anything else handy.
I'm sure it will run fine after a few cranks.........and it sure won't hurt anything.

Haven't done the diesel/gas mixup yet, but after spending a few years as a diesel mechanic I've seen it done several times. One of my friends did try putting 108 octane racing fuel is an engine that ran less than 9:1 compression. He said it ran really strong the first day, but he kept having to clean the spark plugs. Oops. I have tried running 84 octane in my Busa (the only station opened at 1AM didn't have 91 or 92) and it ran really bad.

Glad you got it fixed!

beerchug.gif

This is the same reason why U-Haul switched back to gas from diesel for their fleet.

Damn, that sux...I almost did that last summer....pulled up to a pump put the card through and then when I went to push the fuel grade I saw only one choice and was glad I was paying attention....Good luck!!!!!!!

Back