What a good $ for paint.

for a solid white or black $850 sounds rite, different colors cost more, metalics, a little more. so add $50 for for a metalic color. the volume you are using, will not be alot.. do a little research on paint, some shops will use cheap paint, it's more profit, a reputable shop really perfer to only use high quality paint.. theres a big difference, in durability, and longevity.. and that where how much you are paying comes into play.. I put painting on hold, but
I always use standox paint and clear, expensive but well worth it.. here is a gixxer I did, it's prowler red, has pearl and metalics.. I did this as a favor for $550.. for the work that I do, and the paint line I use. I wouldn't paint a busa under $850.. sure there are shops out there that need the business, and may di it for 5 or 6 bills, but do you need the headache if your paint job has areas that look like crap, or peel and crack in a few months.. it's your money spend it wisely..

DSC07765.jpg

DSC07769.jpg

for a solid white or black $850 sounds rite, different colors cost more, metalics, a little more. so add $50 for for a metalic color. the volume you are using, will not be alot.. do a little research on paint, some shops will use cheap paint, it's more profit, a reputable shop really perfer to only use high quality paint.. theres a big difference, in durability, and longevity.. and that where how much you are paying comes into play.. I put painting on hold, but
I always use standox paint and clear, expensive but well worth it.. here is a gixxer I did, it's prowler red, has pearl and metalics.. I did this as a favor for $550.. for the work that I do, and the paint line I use. I wouldn't paint a busa under $850.. sure there are shops out there that need the business, and may di it for 5 or 6 bills, but do you need the headache if your paint job has areas that look like crap, or peel and crack in a few months.. it's your money spend it wisely..

wow! the painting materials alone would be atleast 500,(for the busa) and that depends on what color it is... I did a favor for $700 on this gsxr

How soon we forget :whistle:

Hey look that price is really great if it is someone really good dont go cheap painting plastics if you want it to stay on and look great. Look at Chris Cruz artistry one of the best I have ever seen simple paint job busa plastics for sale on his site something like 2500 check it out you dont want just anyone painting your bike if you want it to look good. Make them show you proof and make sure it is something they actully painted I have seen alot of unhappy people out there. good luck???

I'll try and get some pics tomorrow from shop, but I need my tank repainted same white as plastics. However, since tank is gonna be painted may as well have all plastics redone.

Everything repainted white (plastics and gas tank). If I ship em to you I'm guessing tank is gonna cost quite a bit. I'm just assuming here I really have no idea. Anyone every shipped a tank?

I just shipped a TL1000R tank to houston tx and it cost me 80 bucks :poke: The side fairings cost me 34 shipped to PA, so really depends where your shipping to.

I need to get mine painted & was gonna have it done over winter maybe. I wasn't sure what color till I saw a 2010 Chevy Malibu at walmart. Grey Taupe Metallic! Beautiful! How much would it cost to have a shop repaint all plastics & tank?

wow! the painting materials alone would be atleast 500,(for the busa) and that depends on what color it is... I did a favor for $700 on this gsxr

the buel had metalic and yellow pearl in it.. I did this for 550.. I used high end paint and clear.. I just dont paint them anymore because it's just not worth it for me.. you could use some real cheap paint, and you'll see it chip off piece by piece.. I am painting my corvette this summer..
I'll post it up when done...

500, 550, 750, 850 :rofl:
and the saga continues

:whistle:

What's a reasonable guesstimate on total cost? Can I save $$ by takin off emblems & decals or are decals cleared over from factory? I was hopin to get her done for $1,000 or so. Nothin fancy just the Grey Taupe Metallic from the 2010 chevy malibu

What's a reasonable guesstimate on total cost? Can I save $$ by takin off emblems & decals or are decals cleared over from factory? I was hopin to get her done for $1,000 or so. Nothin fancy just the Grey Taupe Metallic from the 2010 chevy malibu

yea you can get it done for 1k. yea you can save money removing decals. i dont know for sure about the gen1 but i think all the stickers are not under the clear. get a heat gun and use it to warm them, not make it hot, you can get the fairing too hot and distort it. they make a rubber wheel that can help the ones off that wont peel and keep breaking.

Only stickers on gen1 under the clear is on the gas tank. Rest is the normal sticker removal process.

Depending on who you get to do it...I dropped 2500 for mine and have loved the results. But I will say this, it will be the last custom paint work I have done. I ride the daylights out of my bike and no matter how much you put on a bike or how well it is done...it's gonna chip. I picked colors that were easy to match, but in the end your still dealing with its slow daily destruction. Go with something you like and enjoy looking at...but spend only what you are comfortable living with as you wear the paint off.

Good luck and post up what you go with.

I spent $1,000 on my paint work. That included removal of factory paint small dent in tank removed and re sprayed in house of kolor candy blue and hoc clear. I own a sign company so I re installed the decals when the paint cured. This winter Im gonna have it airbrushed.

chuck 076.jpg

yea you can get it done for 1k. yea you can save money removing decals. i dont know for sure about the gen1 but i think all the stickers are not under the clear. get a heat gun and use it to warm them, not make it hot, you can get the fairing too hot and distort it. they make a rubber wheel that can help the ones off that wont peel and keep breaking.

The decal erasers work good but you will still have issues with bleed thru if you do not seal or prime over where they were located

My buddy said he could do it whenever I wanted over winter. Roughly $1,000 he said cuz i'ma have him sand smooth my inner panels as well & spray those too. :thumbsup:

The decal erasers work good but you will still have issues with bleed thru if you do not seal or prime over where they were located

i doubt the bleed through if you were to have any would be due to decal areas vs. poor prep.

depends on color and painter. but i dont like to have any color change without a sealer/primer and sometimes a base coat.

$1400 for everything done in a kandy green over silver metalic + extra clear. Pick them up tomorrow. The outside pics will really do the justice.
Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFsL2ltYWdlcy9tZWRpYS85MA-2.jpg

Back