What 10 days looks like

i'm super close call me and I'll come take you to a great coffee and dessert place on NW 23rd ave.. it should be on hwy 30 coming in from the coast and st helens area to portland.. it's right by downtown portland..if it's later thats fine to we can do dinner and desert at Papa Hyden's ( Portland catering, fine dining and wedding cakes by Papahaydn ) and have coffee next door and watch the street fare pass by....

Sounds great, I'll call you a day in advance to give you some lead time. Doyle

Doyle, I'll be motoring around the Fossil area which is in the north central area of Oregon on the 23 & 24th. I'd love to hook up with you if possible. I'll be on my new concours. Maybe we could have a drag race or two up knee draggin contest? :laugh:

Hey, I bet that haybus will wheelie like mofo! :laugh:

Tomorrow morning I'm going on a one man tour of the Oregon coast and Cascades range. Don't have a return date but probably 7-10 days....CAMPING on the ground in the forest! For an unknown reason, I've decided to use my National Parks Senior pass and see how little I can spend on this journey (for lodging, I'm not compromising on meals).
Fortunately, because of my bicycle equipment, I have really light tent, bag and stuff. Even so, HAYBUS feels like a Harley bagger! Although I love to ride with other bikers, I'm really looking forward to doing this solo, my choices, my decisions.
I'm hoping that each day will see me getting faster at setting up and breaking down camp, and I have a bag of quarters for pay showers. Once I get set up each evening, I'll try to get in a 3 mile run in the trees.
Take care my friends, I'll ck in with pics upon my return. (and yes, I'm packing my .44!) Doyle

Dude you are loaded for bear. Have a nice safe trip. :thumbsup:

Doyle, I'll be motoring around the Fossil area which is in the north central area of Oregon on the 23 & 24th. I'd love to hook up with you if possible. I'll be on my new concours. Maybe we could have a drag race or two up knee draggin contest? :laugh:

Hey, I bet that haybus will wheelie like mofo! :laugh:

Oh man that's close Steven, there's no way I'll be that far north on the 23rd though. If I'm anywheres near there I'll call you.....PM me your cell #. Doyle

Really looking forward to your safe return and write up from this trip... Stay safe and keep the shiney side up....:thumbsup:

good luck and enjoy your time alone. I too was lookingfwd to making a solo trip like this but finances are not looking too good right now.

It's time! After coffee and cereal I'm on the road....thanks to all of you for the well wishes. My camera is fully charged! Doyle

Back