Westboro Baptist Church (WBC)

Dino

VERITAS - AEQUITAS
Donating Member
Registered
Looks like these douchebags are paying Norfolk Naval Station a Visit.

The WBC is highly organized, has multiple members who are lawyers, and appears to seek confrontation in order to file lawsuits that result in monetary settlements used to fund church activities. To that end, WBC members will often video the protest event and any interaction with the public in an attempt to capture litigation opportunities. At past events, the group did not engage in violence when they were left alone; however, their provoking language and flag desecration are designed to incite a response and subsequent confrontation

OK, I'm a Conservative Baptist,(sounds like they may not be), had to do some research to see what your thread is "really" about. Is it Gay rights?

People with an agenda, lots of them around these days. Does their agenda/philosophy not meet with your approval?, or is it just their tactics? I don't know enough about them to make an intelligent comment. Didnt find anything about flag desecration?

Last edited:
OK, I'm a Conservative Baptist,(sounds like they may not be), had to do some research to see what your thread is "really" about. Is it Gay rights?

People with an agenda, lots of them around these days. Does their agenda/philosophy not meet with your approval?, or is it just their tactics? I don't know enough about them to make an intelligent comment. Didnt find anything about flag desecration?

They are the church that travels to the funerals of our servicemen and women who are killed in action. They stand near the service and spew their hate saying mostly that our soldiers deserve to die as a consequence of allowing gays in the military, etc.. Really nice group, I would like to meet up with them at one of their protests and show them what an M-60 can do in some well trained hands... I posted a link awhile back to a bike organization that goes to these funerals and shields the families from these A-Holes...

Hey cool! I bet they TOTALLY represent how ALL Christians and religious people act. ;)

Did I see the word "lawyer" in there? See how all the bad stuff always comes back around to lawyers? .... and here we blamed RELIGION on everything... ;)

Hey cool! I bet they TOTALLY represent how ALL Christians and religious people act. ;)

Did I see the word "lawyer" in there? See how all the bad stuff always comes back around to lawyers? .... and here we blamed RELIGION on everything... ;)

Yeah, they are the only group I have ever heard of to do anything like this.. The way it looks and sounds it is pretty much a group of whack jobs out to make some cash and get their face in the news...:moderator:

Ahhh - Fred Phelps... Yeah, been in Topeka plenty of times, driving by his 'demonstrations'.

Are these the people that have signs saying God hates our soldiers? These people are a descrace to the Christian name. They shouldnt be allowed to call theirselves Christians.

OK, I'm a Conservative Baptist,(sounds like they may not be)

Why do you think they're Baptist :blonde: , just because they use that name as a Respectable Front? Infact, what makes anyone think these people are Christians ? They're a bunch of LOSERS and if they're the ones who came out here to disrupt some Military Funerals, then they're just HUMAN DEBRI :whistle:

OK, I'm a Conservative Baptist,(sounds like they may not be)

Why do you think they're Baptist :blonde: , just because they use that name as a Respectable Front? Infact, what makes anyone think these people are Christians ? They're a bunch of LOSERS and if they're the ones who came out here to disrupt some Military Funerals, then they're just HUMAN DEBRI :whistle:

:clap:

being a conservative baptist is one thing...WBC is a whole different breed...I don't think SJ has any hidden reason for this post and I certainly don't think he's insulting baptist...just letting us know that the loonies are at it again is all.

There's wacko's in every group, religion, society. Sounds like the WBC church grouped them all together.

I'm a Primitive Baptist myself. No, we don't dance with snakes. Were more of a basic level of church. No instruments, no sunday school. Just us all singing and listening to the preacher.

There's wacko's in every group, religion, society. Sounds like the WBC church grouped them all together.

I'm a Primitive Baptist myself. No, we don't dance with snakes. Were more of a basic level of church. No instruments, no sunday school. Just us all singing and listening to the preacher.

doesn't sound so primative to me....are the hymnals etched in stone?:laugh:

Ok, for any of you that have been fortunate enough to live your lives without ever having known that Fred Phelps and his ever growing group of degenerates existed, count yourself as lucky. Most of the members of his "church", and I use this term loosely, are family members.

Yes, some are lawyers, as they have to find a way to keep themselves out of jail and fully funded. I have to take offense to the comments on here about lawyers. I happen to be one, and as many .org members can attest have only used my powers to help them. However, in the case of the Phelps' clan, if you are truly interested in knowing anything about them, or seeing what they protest, you can surely find out that information merely by visiting the official website of the Westboro Baptist Church at Westboro Baptist Church Home Page If you need any additional information, after just looking at the domain name of godhatesfags.com, then feel free to follow the link. I assure you, don't let our kids read it, or hear any of their video clips. He is nasty, and so is his wife. I have not visited his site for years, I went to school in Topeka, where he is based, and did a paper on his organization for one of my ethics classes. He made quite a study. I think he would make a great paper for a psychology class!

Last edited:
Ok, for any of you that have been fortunate enough to live your lives without ever having known that Fred Phelps and his ever growing group of degenerates existed, count yourself as lucky. Most of the members of his "church", and I use this term loosely, are family members.

Yes, some are lawyers, as they have to find a way to keep themselves out of jail and fully funded. I have to take offense to the comments on here about lawyers. I happen to be one, and as many .org members can attest have only used my powers to help them. However, in the case of the Phelps' clan, if you are truly interested in knowing anything about them, or seeing what they protest, you can surely find out that information merely by visiting the official website of the Westboro Baptist Church at Westboro Baptist Church Home Page If you need any additional information, after just looking at the domain name of godhatesfags.com, then feel free to follow the link. I assure you, don't let our kids read it, or hear any of their video clips. He is nasty, and so is his wife. I have not visited his site for years, I went to school in Topeka, where he is based, and did a paper on his organization for one of my ethics classes. He made quite a study. I think he would make a great paper for a psychology class!

sounds like the next jim jones.

I'll quit picking on lawyers :) it's mostly for SJ and Koko's entertainment :D

Geeesh...Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) What ever happenned to just being a bit understanding about the world and being just plain ol nice...

If Christ were around I wonder what he'd think about this group? Interesting...

Geeesh...Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) What ever happenned to just being a bit understanding about the world and being just plain ol nice...

If Christ were around I wonder what he'd think about this group? Interesting...

I don't think you have to wonder very long what Christ would think about these guys, do you?

And, I was just messing with you about the lawyer jokes. Believe me, I have heard them all!

being a conservative baptist is one thing...WBC is a whole different breed...I don't think SJ has any hidden reason for this post and I certainly don't think he's insulting baptist...just letting us know that the loonies are at it again is all.

Information has been received from the Norfolk Police Department that members of the Westboro Baptist Church (WBC), a religious group known for protesting U.S. military funerals, are going to stage a protest/rally in the local area. <--- I received this in an email

Ya no hidden agenda here. These guys are the guys the protest our fallen military members at funerals. They are demonstrating at the Naal Station here, but I don't know why they picked next week. I don't think ther is anything going on.

I would love to surround them with a group of bikes, tire to tie and just rev it up so they can not be heard.

Their agenda definately does not meet with my approval.

Back