Westboro Baptist church~~must read~~

here is my two cents.... My father is part of the patriot guard and they attend the funerals and drown out the words from these people, they line the streets with flags so the families are not exposed to these people.

If the supreme court rules in favor of this group to protest the funerals then it's up to each one of us to take a few hours off work or to miss lunch so we can attend these funerals in volume and absolutely show our support for the greiving family and to make sure there is no way that this church get's any attention. They should just be a speck in the middle of thousands of great americans protecting the real freedoms of our country...

Cap

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I use to live in a town about 40 miles east off were these DB's operate out of and use to see them everywhere. They are always on mass street in lawrence kansas (ku) and once me and my buddy were doing some bar hopping and walked out to see one of their congregation preaching on the corner with a megaphone talking about god hates......soldiers.....F*gs... and every other foul thing they could spew and about that time some rather large kids approached him and whooped his a** right on mass street. Me and my roommate signed up to be honor guards who stand in front of the church trying to block the families of fallen soldiers from this poison. Trust me it takes every ounce of self control not to pull out a gun and shoot every single one of these a**holes.

The court needs to kick it back to state's rights and let them legislate it separately. No good can come from this ruling as it sets dangerous precedence on free speech. Who gets to decide what's tasteful and what's not in the future? This is a web that doesn't need to be woven. As distasteful and repugnant these people are, that soldier died and others served (me included) for their right to say it. However, I also think I have the same right to go across the street and kick their azz for it...let the local community legislate what they think is reasonable..plenty of states have enacted statutes specifically for this - the people can protest, but the state decides what a 'respectful distance' is...mine would be about 2 miles....

In this case, the father did not see the offending signs until after they funeral (on TV). That makes this case harder to judge as the 'offense' did not happen in person at the time of the funeral, but later. Who gets to decide what constitutes 'offense' in other venues in the future. Hey, I find the Kanji offensive, so you must remove it?

People maintained a modicum of civility in the old days because for every action there was an opposite reaction. Soldiers got spit on in uniform coming home from Vietnam which would now constitute assault - but most didn't respond, when a right cross would have saved the justice system a lot of time/money and shut them the hell up. Cap, my appreciation for what your Dad is doing.

Last edited:
They are also mailing their fliers to the families of fallen soldiers. There is a service being held today for Senior Airman Mark Forester in Haleyville Al. The following was mailed to his family.

Westboro Baptist Church

GOD HATES AMERICA AND IS KILLING TROOPS IN HIS WRATH.

Military funerals have become pagan orgies of idolatrous blasphemy, where they pray to the dunghill gods of Sodom and play taps for a fallen fool.

This message to be preached in repectful, lawful proximity to the memorial of Senior Airman Mark Forester, Thursday oct 7 at 1:15 pm Haleyville High School 2001 20th street

Sr. Airman Forester gave his life for the constitutional right of WBC to warn Americam to deny us our 1st amendment rights is to declare to the world the Sr.Airman Forester died in vain, and that America is a nation of sodomite hypocrites.

"Except the Lord build the house, They labor in vain that build it. Except the Lord keep the city, the watchmen waketh but in vain." Ps 127:1

The Lord no longer builds the American house nor does the Lord watch over and protect America. These soldiers are dying for the homosexual and other sins of America. God is now Americas enemy and God himself is fighting against America.

THANK GOD FOR IEDs.
Posted via Mobile Device

There was a time when the people WOULD have just simply walked over and beat the crap out of these people, and ya know what. No one would have cared.

I live 20 min. away from their church and it's disgusting. Being an atheist I find it as just one more, albeit a rather extreme example, for the states anyway, of the many things wrong with religion and it's fanatics. If they could get away with bombing these funerals as they could in 'some' countries I'm absolutely sure they would have no problem with doing that.

This may be a viable solution:

Revenge Product - SHOMER-TEC

I think I'm gonna buy one next week.

The troops fighting for our freedom. I read or hear this term several times a day.

I have vets in my family, and as many friends that have been involved in the current wars as I have that haven't.

I have the utmost respect and appreciation for the people willing to put their lives on the line for us to maintain this country of ours.

I must say, the people in charge of where and what our military does haven't sent them to fight for OUR freedom since the 1940's.

Fighting for others freedom who want us there and need our help is fine and well, but let's call that what it is... I'm not going to say what I think it is.

I'm ready for a change... a real change. The governments, religions, and people of the world involved in such are out of control.

/zips up flame suit.

The court needs to kick it back to state's rights and let them legislate it separately. No good can come from this ruling as it sets dangerous precedence on free speech. Who gets to decide what's tasteful and what's not in the future? This is a web that doesn't need to be woven. As distasteful and repugnant these people are, that soldier died and others served (me included) for their right to say it. However, I also think I have the same right to go across the street and kick their azz for it...let the local community legislate what they think is reasonable..plenty of states have enacted statutes specifically for this - the people can protest, but the state decides what a 'respectful distance' is...mine would be about 2 miles....

In this case, the father did not see the offending signs until after they funeral (on TV). That makes this case harder to judge as the 'offense' did not happen in person at the time of the funeral, but later. Who gets to decide what constitutes 'offense' in other venues in the future. Hey, I find the Kanji offensive, so you must remove it?

People maintained a modicum of civility in the old days because for every action there was an opposite reaction. Soldiers got spit on in uniform coming home from Vietnam which would now constitute assault - but most didn't respond, when a right cross would have saved the justice system a lot of time/money and shut them the hell up. Cap, my appreciation for what your Dad is doing.

Well said, and I agree completely.......to include kicking their azzes.....

A tasteless act by these creeps, much like those who would build a mosque near the hallowed ground of the WTC.....

the problem with churches these days is that they are run by men.

and even the best of'em can and do change cause...

"If it's true that your body is a temple...how long can any man live in the same house before he finds the need to re-decorate?"

and sometimes it's for the better...and sometimes it's for the worse and...

theres been a lot of "worse" go'in 'round these trying days. :banghead:

Here is my two cents.... My father is part of the patriot guard and they attend the funerals and drown out the words from these people, they line the streets with flags so the families are not exposed to these people.

If the supreme court rules in favor of this group to protest the funerals then it's up to each one of us to take a few hours off work or to miss lunch so we can attend these funerals in volume and absolutely show our support for the greiving family and to make sure there is no way that this church get's any attention. They should just be a speck in the middle of thousands of great Americans protecting the real freedoms of our country...

cap

CAP just this past weekend the family and I visited the wall, not the one in DC but the traveling one, my dad lost some friends in that war and my son was curious, so we loaded the car up and went, we paid our respects and I even saw some of the patriot guard there and told them thanks for what they do, very nice guys..as I am sure your dad is also, anyone that helps like that has to be a stand up person...sorry don't mean to thread jack with this..

as for the westboro church or whatever they call themselves, cant believe they can call themselves a church but anyway they will get what's coming to them karma has a way of coming back around, im sure that's not the way GOD intended for people to act in his name...

I thought about the Mosque case when I drafted my post. Again, while they do have the right, they certainly show poor taste, and someone needs to put a bacon sandwich shop up across the street, upwind of the mosque and cook some pork.

What I worry about is the videos of the Muslums protesting in GB. What happens when they come here and shout "Death to America" and "kill all infidels"...i wonder how far free speech goes when I would call that a specific implied threat....

Here is my two cents.... My father is part of the patriot guard and they attend the funerals and drown out the words from these people, they line the streets with flags so the families are not exposed to these people.

If the supreme court rules in favor of this group to protest the funerals then it's up to each one of us to take a few hours off work or to miss lunch so we can attend these funerals in volume and absolutely show our support for the greiving family and to make sure there is no way that this church get's any attention. They should just be a speck in the middle of thousands of great Americans protecting the real freedoms of our country...

cap

Couldnt of said it better myself, i'd be honored to be in a organization like that:bowdown::bowdown:

Back