Went down..... in gas station

chickenstripes

Registered
Here it goes :whistle:... I was just cruising with friend in Illinois (looking for interesting routes :please:, as its so boring down here, flat roads and straight as helll ), we made like 100 miles, nothing interesting... ??? We decide to pullover to shell gas station :cheerleader:(part truck stop), on the way in i've noticed that there is a lot of sand there, so im taking it slow.Getting to fuel pomp asphalt changes to concrete and there is a gap,small hole, while squeezing front brakes i bump in to it( it felt much bigger to my def fence), press front brakes harder, and get to concrete part (which is covered with sand and small stones) and bammmm... :thumbsup: goes the bike down (i was making probably like 5 miles.hr) .Im looking like a fool (probably for a good reason :rofl:) with my foot trapped under bike. So long story short... Im looking for 06 burgundy -black right side plastics, headlight part and front fender.
I have pictures, but dunno how to post it, if anyone can help i will send via email... :bowdown:

P.S. everybody goes down, i hope thats counts for me >>>>

here are pictures

Picture 017.jpg

Picture 018.jpg

Picture 019.jpg

Picture 020.jpg

Damn bro, that sucks.. If the sand/grit doesn't get you, the spilled gasoline will. Good luck sourcing the parts.

You may want to try the custom paint job route, may save some $$ that way, just a though. Sorry for your loss, schit happens.

Sorry to hear that Bro. They are right you could have that painted though for probably 250.00 to 300.00. Factory fender probably more than that.

Well, at least it was a moving wreck and not the "forgot to put the kickstand down" that I've come oh so close to doing a couple of times. Now that's embarassing.
In the sandy, gravely, very slow speed stuff, use the rear brake. One of the few places it can help more than hurt.
Glad your OK.

DAMN......thats a rough 5 mph....???
Guy in Mass. named Ronnie has a warehouse that you can get OEM plastics from. They are on the pricey side though ($500) for one side fairing. But they have (at least for me) a GREAT turnaround time. (2 days)
Good luck getting her back together.

Whats done is done, sorry to hear and see the damage to the ole girl.

Lesson learned, stay off the front brake in parking lots and the last 20ft at an intersection.

Sorry to hear, trail brake in parking lots like that, never use front in loose gravel... Hard way to learn a lesson, but you probably won't drop another bike in loose gravel/sand again. +1 on paint, a few peeps from that area are on here so I am sure someone will be able to suggest painter.

We have all seen worse. Glad you are physically ok. I would surely consider frame sliders after it's fixed. They MIGHT help with the next low speed oooops.....

Front brakes are your worst enemy in road conditions like you describe. Always us back brake and with a light touch.

that sucks bad. I'm sure your pride is hurt alot worse than the bike. It doesn't look like you had frame slidders. I would highly suggest getting a set. they would have saved some of that damage

Back