Well, Well

Damn! That bike looks great, very shiny. A black machine looks so awesome when it is clean! Great photos!
thumb_up.gif
Yes, it does. Thanks everyone.

Your Bike is amazing as always Ken.. Mine is still in a gazillion pieces..
firedevil.gif

Glad you got out to ride.. will you be at the meet and greet?

Hey BigBS, your bike's lookin' sweet right out of the gate this year! I notice you painted your kickplates black...what kind of paint did you use and how is the wear factor holdin' up?

Dan

What's this?! Riding?! What's that Ken and why are you bragging about it?
laugh.gif

Looks awesome...glad you had a great time. I was afraid when I saw the thread that you went down...don't scare me like that!
beerchug.gif

Your Bike is amazing as always Ken.. Mine is still in a gazillion pieces..
firedevil.gif

Glad you got out to ride.. will you be at the meet and greet?
Not sure if I'll make it or not, Doyle, because of the timing. Glad you changed your sig from 'Low Budget . . .'

Hey BigBS, your bike's lookin' sweet right out of the gate this year! I notice you painted your kickplates black...what kind of paint did you use and how is the wear factor holdin' up?

Dan
Not painted, Dan, but powdercoated. Had it done a couple years ago actually and it's held up fine.

What's this?!  Riding?!  What's that Ken and why are you bragging about it?  
laugh.gif

Looks awesome...glad you had a great time.  I was afraid when I saw the thread that you went down...don't scare me like that!  
beerchug.gif
Didn't mean to put a scare into you, girl! Hope you are getting things done that you need to.

Dan
Not painted, Dan, but powdercoated.  Had it done a couple years ago actually and it's held up fine.
Thanks! I've been looking at mine being silver for five years now....time for a change. My boots have actually rubbed them to chrome, that's why I was asking about wear.

Thanks again,

Dan

Dan
Not painted, Dan, but powdercoated.  Had it done a couple years ago actually and it's held up fine.
Thanks! I've been looking at mine being silver for five years now....time for a change. My boots have actually rubbed them to chrome, that's why I was asking about wear.

Thanks again,

Dan
Several folks here can do it for you at a very reasonable price with excellent quality.

Was checkin out your website.....you have two very sweet bikes!! Killer looks and great taste in mods!! My hats off to you sir!!
thumb_up.gif

Here's what I know about the stickers.  The Air Force is no longer requiring them for access to their installations, however, the rest of DoD has not adopted such a policy.  At Army installations there are still 100% ID checks and those without decals must go through an inspection line which can be a royal pain.  I don't foresee us reducing that security level for some time.  Nothing official just my $.02 (except for what's currently happening).
I dont know all the exact particulars on this but our base just adopted this. Eventually it will be DOD wide (no base stickers) Its a money issue and it "makes us a target" for terrorists having a DOD sticker on the vehical. Not all USAF bases are doing it yet but it is spreading. I just went to a base safety meeting for squadron motorcycle safety monitors. We talked about the fact that all bases that dont use stickers anymore are allowing anyone to ride on, even if they dont have a MSF class which is required by regulation. My base, Sheppard, is going to be the first base to use a "motorcycle riders card" Getting it issued is a whole story in itself but long story short, the only way to get on base once implemented, will be to use your CAC card and this new "riders card".

Here's what I know about the stickers.  The Air Force is no longer requiring them for access to their installations, however, the rest of DoD has not adopted such a policy.  At Army installations there are still 100% ID checks and those without decals must go through an inspection line which can be a royal pain.  I don't foresee us reducing that security level for some time.  Nothing official just my $.02 (except for what's currently happening).
I dont know all the exact particulars on this but our base just adopted this.  Eventually it will be DOD wide (no base stickers)  Its a money issue and it "makes us a target" for terrorists having a DOD sticker on the vehical.  Not all USAF bases are doing it yet but it is spreading.  I just went to a base safety meeting for squadron motorcycle safety monitors.  We talked about the fact that all bases that dont use stickers anymore are allowing anyone to ride on, even if they dont have a MSF class which is required by regulation.  My base, Sheppard, is going to be the first base to use a "motorcycle riders card"  Getting it issued is a whole story in itself but long story short, the only way to get on base once implemented, will be to use your CAC card and this new "riders card".
Lived through that already. When the stricter security started you had to have a post decal and ID card. Motorcyclists also had to show their MSF card which we know is required to get a sticker for a motorcycle. Now, I'm sure there are those that registered a cage and put the sticker on the motorcycle, but I believe most folks did the right thing and it was just another hassle to reduce the number of motorcyclists on post.

Back