Well, it finally happened

BigmanZ

Registered
So, this morning I decided to take my bike to work. It's been beautiful last couple of days and I allways pride myself when I can go an entire week of nothing but motorcycle....so I take off for work. Get onto I-5 going south and pull in behind this Subaru. Look at the driver's rearview mirror...and it's a woman, putting on lipstick.

Awesome.

So I decide that being near this accident waiting to happen is a bad thing and pull into the next lane over (HOV) to pass her...while going by I notice that she's also on her Cellphone.

Double Awesome.

She then decides that she wants my lane. Does she check to see if I'm there? Oh no. Her Cellphone is in the way. So she proceeds to run me off the road, granted she's the only one in said vehicle...but I guess being she's talking to somebody on the cellphone that means she carpooling. So I proceed to go offroading on my bike at 60 mph (fun times by the way) and lay on my horn....she doesn't even know I exist. So I pull back into the lane she WAS in and blow by her, thanking the stars that I didn't lose it on the shoulder.

So right about now my nice stressfree ride to work is shot to hell, but hey...I'm on my bike. The sun is out. I can live....wrong. Strait ahead of me I see a grey honda literally run a guy off the road while making a lane change to pass the car infront of him.

Triple Awesome. The b**ch spawned a double!

So I'm watching this and said honda cuts off the guy infront of him that he passes...I'm thinking road rage. Until I realize that there are 4 cars doing this.

Highway Hopscotch. F'IN AWESOME.

So I'm stuck behind these 4 idiots watching them cutting each other off with only inches of clearance and thinking to myself "Man, this is like a text book 'OH ****' scenario from the MSF class...yay". So here I am stuck behind these guys who are all going the same speed as all other traffic and effectively taking up 2 lanes of the road. So I can't speed up and pass them...cuz I'm blocked off. Can't slow down and let them vanish in the distance, cuz Valley Girl is somewhere behind me probably doing her nails by now. So here I am, trapped, waiting for one of these guys to finally clip his friend, make an accident that I get to avoid, only to get a Subaru up the ass for being on my toes.

FANTASTIC.

So by now I've decided I'm not gonna get to work. I'm gonna die horribly under the tire of some car or go cartwheeling into a guardrail and decapitate myself on a 4x4 piece of wood...and suddenly, to my suprise traffic starts to slow and one of the maniacs get trapped behind some granny in the middle lane opening it up for me to pass the other three! So here I have this open lane, with three cars I have to pass that I know have been constantly changing lanes with no warning, no blinker, and not even a glance to see if the lane was even clear.....so no slow creeping pass for me. HELL NO. I opened the b**ch up and burned by them to close that distance in the danger zone as quickly as possible...

So I pass them...

And I ease off the throttle...

And there on the side of the road is a Radar Cop...

I didn't even look in my mirrors to see if he was getting into his car....and while I could of easily left him in my dust, I figured enough had allready gone bad this day without my input...I didn't need to add to it. So I just immidiatly pulled over to the side.

93 mph is what he clocked me at while I was passing the bastards (he must of got me while I was slowing down  
crazy.gif
). Seems anything over 90 is a misdemeanor and an automatic $500 fine...but being that I just pulled over (Translation: Didn't show him his squad car really isn't all that turboed) he just wrote me up for the solid speed. $298 speeding ticket. Tried to explain it to him but seems he thought I should of only been going 3 miles over the limit to pass the guys.....yeah right. I like the idea of being alive. I've grown attached to breathing. So looks like I'm gonna have to ask for a Mitigation Hearing to see if I can get the damn thing dropped or at least lessened money wise.

mad.gif

First speeding ticket for me....and it had to happen when I was trying to avoid an accident instead of just speeding for the hell of it. Go fig.

Get a lawyer and plead your case to the mercy of traffic court. Tell them you got shook up getting run off the road. Then you became aware of the wolfpack lunatics so you decided on life and put some distance between you and the group..

That was an awesome right up. Sorry you got a ticket Bigman. I hope you can plead your case, people dont understand how many idiots are on the road. It will soon be illegal in Oklahoma to drive and talk on a phone.

This is why I think radar cops are worthless pos, do virtually nothing for safety and should get a real job.

rant.gif

glad you are alive to tell this story Bro. Hope every thing goes well on the court date as well I fell your pain some time when I am riding I want to go old school on F'ers like these and carry the ol bag of ball bearing and toss and roll

What a shame! Speeding tickets suck, but you weren't even out enjoying a good road!

It's been against the law to talk on cell phones since July 1 here. Well, you can use "hands-free" units, but not holding them up to your ears. Just because it's against the law doesn't mean much in scenarios like this. The ***** was also driving solo in the car pool lane, so she obviously doesn't think traffic laws apply to her.

Good read on how the whole traffic situation was going down. That's really about our only defense. I tend to react the other way, let the squirrels stay in front of me. There's literally nothing they can do in FRONT of me that can hurt me. When they're behind you, you're somewhat at their mercy in a crisis situation...

Good luck in court!

(workbill @ Sep. 09 2007,09:02)  There's literally nothing they can do in FRONT of me that can hurt me.  When they're behind you, you're somewhat at their mercy in a crisis situation...
Always be careful of a pile up on the highway. If they wreck in front of you be careful to have enough room to react. If there behind you, then there really is nothing they can do but try to keep up. Always be careful
beerchug.gif

yes i feel ur pain and i would be pissed off to but.......ur alive to ***** about it and that is what really matters ....had u stayed back with them u might not be here to post this and for the price of that ticket ur still here to go fight it , i would rather hear this than hear about u going down and totaling ur bike with road rash or even worse ....i am glad ur ok !
beerchug.gif

yea you have to watch i have been in a pile up on I-70 W not even 100 out of St louis and some old man fell a sleep at the wheel going east and his vehicle ended up in the West lane while still going East hit a Semi which the Semi blocked the road and took everybody out but the old man was the only one that died.

i have been riding my BUSA to work this past week also.
it's only 17 miles to work and where i live the speed limit
is 65 and goes down to 35 in town. i have to be at work at
6 A.M. and it's dark. people are speeding,cutting you off,
turning in front of you-they are all rushing to work. no- i say
no respect for the motorcyclist. i was just thinking-what could
be an enjoyable little ride b4 work is a white knuckle experience.
however-we ride.

(workbill @ Sep. 09 2007,07:02) It's been against the law to talk on cell phones since July 1 here.  Well, you can use "hands-free" units, but not holding them up to your ears.  Just because it's against the law doesn't mean much in scenarios like this.  The ***** was also driving solo in the car pool lane, so she obviously doesn't think traffic laws apply to her.  
Yeah, that occured to me. After she ran me off the road I as tempted to just pull up beside her, punch her damn window out, and huck the cellphone down the highway.  
mad.gif

(workbill @ Sep. 09 2007,07:02) Good read on how the whole traffic situation was going down.  That's really about our only defense.  I tend to react the other way, let the squirrels stay in front of me.  There's literally nothing they can do in FRONT of me that can hurt me.  When they're behind you, you're somewhat at their mercy in a crisis situation...

Good luck in court!

Normally that is my tactic, but she was actually going pretty slow. About 55 mph from what I could see and I HATE not traveling with the flow of traffic. Specially when I can't see whats behind me too well. So I passed her figuring I'd leave her behind. Never would I of dreamed that an even worse scenario was waiting up ahead. That one I would of loved to have just slowed down and let em pull away, but I knew I had that girl somewhere behind me.  
pissed.gif

Ohwell, I can't blaim the cop. He was indeed doing his job which is to merely witness the infraction and write a citation. Upto the judge to hear my side of what happened. Just sucks that it played out the way it did. I was actually waiting for something worse to happen while he was writting the ticket...I figured a car was gonna slam into his squad car. Or my bike was gonna just explode. Maybe a wheel falling off a passing jet flattening my ass out. I was just waiting for it.

(BigmanZ @ Sep. 09 2007,04:36) So, this morning I decided to take my bike to work. It's been beautiful last couple of days and I allways pride myself when I can go an entire week of nothing but motorcycle....so I take off for work. Get onto I-5 going south and pull in behind this Subaru. Look at the driver's rearview mirror...and it's a woman, putting on lipstick.

Awesome.

So I decide that being near this accident waiting to happen is a bad thing and pull into the next lane over (HOV) to pass her...while going by I notice that she's also on her Cellphone.

Double Awesome.

She then decides that she wants my lane. Does she check to see if I'm there? Oh no. Her Cellphone is in the way. So she proceeds to run me off the road, granted she's the only one in said vehicle...but I guess being she's talking to somebody on the cellphone that means she carpooling. So I proceed to go offroading on my bike at 60 mph (fun times by the way) and lay on my horn....she doesn't even know I exist. So I pull back into the lane she WAS in and blow by her, thanking the stars that I didn't lose it on the shoulder.

So right about now my nice stressfree ride to work is shot to hell, but hey...I'm on my bike. The sun is out. I can live....wrong. Strait ahead of me I see a grey honda literally run a guy off the road while making a lane change to pass the car infront of him.

Triple Awesome. The b**ch spawned a double!

So I'm watching this and said honda cuts off the guy infront of him that he passes...I'm thinking road rage. Until I realize that there are 4 cars doing this.

Highway Hopscotch. F'IN AWESOME.

So I'm stuck behind these 4 idiots watching them cutting each other off with only inches of clearance and thinking to myself "Man, this is like a text book 'OH ****' scenario from the MSF class...yay". So here I am stuck behind these guys who are all going the same speed as all other traffic and effectively taking up 2 lanes of the road. So I can't speed up and pass them...cuz I'm blocked off. Can't slow down and let them vanish in the distance, cuz Valley Girl is somewhere behind me probably doing her nails by now. So here I am, trapped, waiting for one of these guys to finally clip his friend, make an accident that I get to avoid, only to get a Subaru up the ass for being on my toes.

FANTASTIC.

So by now I've decided I'm not gonna get to work. I'm gonna die horribly under the tire of some car or go cartwheeling into a guardrail and decapitate myself on a 4x4 piece of wood...and suddenly, to my suprise traffic starts to slow and one of the maniacs get trapped behind some granny in the middle lane opening it up for me to pass the other three! So here I have this open lane, with three cars I have to pass that I know have been constantly changing lanes with no warning, no blinker, and not even a glance to see if the lane was even clear.....so no slow creeping pass for me. HELL NO. I opened the b**ch up and burned by them to close that distance in the danger zone as quickly as possible...

So I pass them...

And I ease off the throttle...

And there on the side of the road is a Radar Cop...

I didn't even look in my mirrors to see if he was getting into his car....and while I could of easily left him in my dust, I figured enough had allready gone bad this day without my input...I didn't need to add to it. So I just immidiatly pulled over to the side.

93 mph is what he clocked me at while I was passing the bastards (he must of got me while I was slowing down  
crazy.gif
). Seems anything over 90 is a misdemeanor and an automatic $500 fine...but being that I just pulled over (Translation: Didn't show him his squad car really isn't all that turboed) he just wrote me up for the solid speed. $298 speeding ticket. Tried to explain it to him but seems he thought I should of only been going 3 miles over the limit to pass the guys.....yeah right. I like the idea of being alive. I've grown attached to breathing. So looks like I'm gonna have to ask for a Mitigation Hearing to see if I can get the damn thing dropped or at least lessened money wise.

mad.gif

First speeding ticket for me....and it had to happen when I was trying to avoid an accident instead of just speeding for the hell of it. Go fig.
Thats why I never commute on my bikes. I don't mingle in traffic. Luckily I live out of town and have wonderful riding by me. My bikes are strictly toys...anytime I do ANY city errands I take a big air bag equipped steel safety pod they call a car
wink.gif
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

Back