Well it finally happened

Haven't even had any close calls with that...yet...
laugh.gif

Hit one right above my visor last year, running 90+.  The guy behind me said that it looked just like that video of the bird that flies between the mound and home and gets hit with the baseball.  A puff of feathers and that was it.  Had all kinds of gore on my bucket made worse because I didn't stop for another 2 hours and it was stuck on.

Don

Birds suck plain and simple.was going around 140 on local speed section of road heading back home.started decellerating and wham i thought a mack truck hit me in the chest.when i got stopped there was a blue quail laying in my lap.i was looking at the speedo and didnt see tha bird coming so i know i was going at least 115 when i got hit.i had a bruise the size of a bowlig ball for 9 days.i was going to put the bird in a skillet until the wife stepped in said hell no you arent eating that in my house.
pissed.gif

I've hit several birds before, all in airplanes though. One of the most notable was back in the early 80's, I was flying a Commuter Airliner into Knoxville, Tn... coming down a 10 mile final on a beautiful clear morning at about 230 knots indicated, when all of a sudden a Red Tailed hawk dove into my windscreen. Both of us (pilots) ducked and when it hit it sounded like a 12 ga shotgun going off. The windscreen stayed intact (it was around two inches thick) but completely shaddered. That thing would have taken a pilot out if it had come through......... whew! I also hit a wasp when I was a teenager on my Suzuki 550 going to work one summer morning........ stung me right in the chest and I had a mild reaction to it. Hurt like H..., thought I was going to need benedryl for that one. Stuff hurts when it hits you!
wow.gif

Back