Well it finally happened

busa_bill

Life - tastes like chicken!
Donating Member
Registered
Yeah - I hit a bird.

A big damn bird too.  
laugh.gif

Last Thursday; a nice clear morning at 6:00AM - sun just peeking over the horizon, making the usual work commute. Loving life going through the few twisties I see everyday. Had come out of a sweeping turn and was going through a short stretch of road with trees hanging over the road. I see something big go from the top left of my visor, across my face and into the right side of my helmet and shoulder area. I see a wing right before it makes impact. SMACK It hit pretty hard, so good thing I was only doing about 60. Had to pull over and check my new Vanson jacket - screw the bird!  
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Don't know if the bird made it out okay, but I bet he'll look around next time before he decides to drop down out of a tree.

Thinking of a name change:
BigBirdBusa
Feathered
PoultryBeater
PsychoChickenChaser

I took a bat in the chest at the Bash on Thursday night. Same here, all I cared about was that the little f-er didn't hurt my Vanson jacket.

Congrats on surviving it! As for the name change, I think "PsychoChickenChaser" has a nice ring to it.

Somewhere around here, BusaWhipped has a video of me narrowly missing a big ol' Canadian Goose! As you might guess from that, I am now in favor of deporting all the dang Canadians.
biggrin.gif

(busa_bill @ May 21 2007,12:22) Yeah - I hit a bird.

A big damn bird too.  
laugh.gif

Last Thursday; a nice clear morning at 6:00AM - sun just peeking over the horizon, making the usual work commute. Loving life going through the few twisties I see everyday. Had come out of a sweeping turn and was going through a short stretch of road with trees hanging over the road. I see something big go from the top left of my visor, across my face and into the right side of my helmet and shoulder area. I see a wing right before it makes impact. SMACK It hit pretty hard, so good thing I was only doing about 60. Had to pull over and check my new Vanson jacket - screw the bird!  
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Don't know if the bird made it out okay, but I bet he'll look around next time before he decides to drop down out of a tree.

BigBirdBusa
Feathered
PoultryBeater
PsychoChickenChaser
hey...thank yer lucky stars ya had that vanson on...good thick leather absorbed lots of that impact i'm sure.
biggrin.gif

Took out a pigeon once, hit me in the head/shoulder, bounced off then hit my passenger.

I came down a straight stretch in MS. (yeah, I couldn't remember how to spell it....) doin about 75 and noticed some movement in the tree line to my left. That movement resolved into two B-52s lumbering for takeoff (OK, so they were really wild turkeys - but they were the size of B-52s, Trust Me!).

One of them got altitude pretty quickly. The other was overweight and had trouble getting his gear up. How I missed him, I don't know. I just remember being down alongside the tank and trying to be as small as possible.

Glad you survived!

ices_rofl.gif

Took several birds to the shoulders this spring on one ride. Didn't even think about the Joe Rocket at the time.
SHOCKED.gif
Wouldn't want to tangle with a buzzard or turkey

(dadofthree @ May 21 2007,17:58) Took several birds to the shoulders this spring on one ride. Didn't even think about the Joe Rocket at the time.  
SHOCKED.gif
 Wouldn't want to tangle with a buzzard or turkey
muscle.gif
biggrin.gif

(JINKSTER @ May 21 2007,16
super.gif
)
(busa_bill @ May 21 2007,12:22) Yeah - I hit a bird.

A big damn bird too.
laugh.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

BigBirdBusa
Feathered
PoultryBeater
PsychoChickenChaser
hey...thank yer lucky stars ya had that vanson on...good thick leather absorbed lots of that impact i'm sure.
biggrin.gif
Yep, that saved me for sure.

At least he got taken out by a quality jacket.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

A turkey took out the windshield of my truck. It would have taken me off my Busa. I used to watch for deer but now turkeys are on the list. Hogs too. (of the swine kind)
Had several peeps killed or hurt badly lately from hitting deer.

every body is all George of the Jungle Round here
laugh.gif
WATCH OUT FOR THAT TREE!!!! Yeah I hit a dove once as well feathers every were.

I was driving down the toll road one day and a truck in the oncoming lane had jacknifed and tipped over. The truck was hauling live chickens. While I didn't hit one personally, I saw PLENTY of them get turned into cream of chicken by passing cars, as well as another semi. here's my interpretation of the incident:

F*ck!
*screech*
*smash*
cluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluck
*splat*
(feathers flying everywhere)

Good stuff!

(Willie G @ May 21 2007,20:54) I came down a straight stretch in MS. (yeah, I couldn't remember how to spell it....) doin about 75 and noticed some movement in the tree line to my left.  That movement resolved into two B-52s lumbering for takeoff (OK, so they were really wild turkeys - but they were the size of B-52s, Trust Me!).

One of them got altitude pretty quickly.  The other was overweight and had trouble getting his gear up.  How I missed him, I don't know.  I just remember being down alongside the tank and trying to be as small as possible.

Glad you survived!  

ices_rofl.gif
ices_rofl.gif

ices_rofl.gif

I hit one the other day too. It just came out of no where. When I stopped on the side of the road to collect myself this Japanse couple stopped and said they saw everything that it was the funniest thing they saw.

(busa_bill @ May 21 2007,15:22) Yeah - I hit a bird.

A big damn bird too.  
laugh.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

BigBirdBusa
Feathered
PoultryBeater
PsychoChickenChaser
Yah, and I'll bet he went back to the limbs of the tree and told the same story over a beer...."Yah guys I was just flying along and this Hayabusa came out of nowhere................(they all gasp)...and then the bird says "NO, no...the motorcycle kind.....and the rest of the birds were like....."phew"..."hey-hey"........"alright".....".......
super.gif

I got slapped in the helmet the other day by a medium 12X12 piece of plastic or something that came off a contractor's truck or somethin'......it was just kind of tumbling around the lanes until the Busa aerodynamics scooped it up and thumped me in the visor......that was interesting.......
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

In Maine we have lots of wild Turkeys. I hit one just the other day. Little bastard came running out of the woods full tilt while I was going about 65 (in a 50) I nailed the brakes hard, car coming the other way, so I had to stay in my lane. He took to flight just as I got to him hit my mirror folded it in and hit my hand then landed (still trying like hell to fly away) on my leg. I had to bart him off me scared the crap out of me. I never hunted Turkey so I didnt realize just how big one of those things are. Anyway I didnt go down and my mirror folded right back out. I cant imagine what the people in the car where thinking. Worst part is the sum a bitch tried to crap on me while he flew away. Next time brining the .45 to make Turkey pot pies out of his ass.

Back