Weird stuff you have worked on..

I supervise the batchmaking and waste treatment departments in a paint factory. Making paint, treating water and recovering solvents are my thing. Soon I will be out of all this job and in a police uniform.

I sharpened inner tubes for awhile, but found no one needed that kind of expertise and demand was super low. So, I took up working on bikes and cars at the dealer level.

Not as interesting what I've read here so far. I do love forensics stories though. People do strange things to themselves.

Worked at a Big A auto parts store then on a Maintenance team for a textile mill. Joined the Army as a 98H Morse Code Interceptor. Worked in alot of buildings with no windows...:laugh: Got out, became a dirty governemnt contractor, wrote business cases and statements of work, moved to installing software/troubleshooting collection system hardware/installing hardware/training people in various countries. Got to see all the glamorous places like Iraq, Ethiopia, etc. Now I'm a Hardware Technician doing mostly wiring generators, load centers, transfer switches and other fun stuff.

This is about as oddball as it's been the last few weeks... :rofl:

FullSac Core Mod and TTS SOFTWARE TUNING INSTALL JOB..This 110 CI bike rocks torque/hp increase is stupid for the little money spent....

Was that a 96 motor originally? How much for the upgrade ?? I am considering a street glide for my next bike. No I wont be selling the Busa. :thumbsup:

at 17..i put 8 screws into a board to hold a transformer on the back of many a Gottlieb pinball machine. Fun Part? We got to play the newest machines on our breaks!

Now i just hire myself out for parties!

I liked building cleanrooms in a semiconductor plant...learned alot, but the most amazing job was when I worked as an operator at the same plant. it's cool how everything looks under a microscope:thumbsup: then I got to work at kwikset making door knobs for a while...pretty cool how they do that too... I'd love to get into the bike / auto field some day:whistle:

I guess the wierdest thing I worked may have been when I was pouring the concrete around an inground swimming pool in someones back yard while 6 yes 6, 20something yearold girls were skinny dipping. Man that was a long day. We had to pour and finish 15 yards of concrete.

Or Building, Testing, installing and then repairing the mixers that made the propellant for air bags. That stuff is dangerous. We made 12 of these mixers and with in 6 months they needed 4 more because they blew them up. one went right through the roof. That stuff is very close to Solid Rocket Fuel

I have been operating equipment since I was 18, dirt work work for 12 years. Went to the railroad and had to go up on these piles that can get around 110 feet high. The coal loads out from the center of the pile (surge pile)....you get some serious puckering when the feeders don't open and there is a void. :whistle:

0719091322.jpg

0818091543.jpg

I worked as a telephone repairman for 20 years.
Anyone else out there?
Got to see it all literally.
Best education I ever had.
Every place there is a telephone, I was there, everyplace imaginable.
Some of the most memorable:
Inside the Brinks vault with huge sacks of money all around, killing floor of the slaughterhouse, jail with the inmate phones, mayors office, morgue at the largest hospital in town with dead bodies all around and autopsies going on, oil company presidents offices, university medical research facilities, all other university and tech departments, ladies of the evening house, strip bar (in the dressing room no less), military base, airport secure areas, remand center, RCMP detention facilities, coal mine (underground), bank data centers (now that is secure!), hospital operating rooms (had to gown up to go in), swimming pool change rooms (both sexes), every manner of: chemical plants, paint manufacturer, leather tanning, manufacturing, tire plants, etc etc.
I saw it all, right through every business (take the yellow pages and flip through) to find the telephone room, panels, tracing wire, locating the troubles. I saw it all.
Never knew it was such a diverse world until I saw all that, first hand.

Ever make a service call to the local taxi cab dispatch office?...

4058264510_13297a27b9_o.jpg

From India, 2006

Back