want to lower but ride 2 up some

I have a 1" drop in front and soupys links in the rear at about 1.5". I also have a custom rear spring. I only drag the headers on very steep curbs at gas stations if i take them straight on. If i go in at an angle there is no problems. Good luck!

I gotta laugh at all these people saying the handling will be like a turd, etc if you just lower the rear.

You and I have a different perspective of a "Turd" I suppose. :laugh:

But the fact is by lowering the rear without the front there are many aspects of the suspension that is affected. If you are putting around town you won't notice anything major. However, this suspension setup will severly limit your ability to improve your riding skills. You'll find few to argue that point.

you should be fine lowered, just watch speed bumps and driveways. my bike only scraped coming into my house. i dont think it wouldve scraped stock headers. my busa was 3/4 front and 1.5 rear when it was stock wheelbase. its gonna effect the handling, how much will depend on your riding style. good luck

I gotta laugh at all these people saying the handling will be like a turd, etc if you just lower the rear.

Unless you are ricky racer and do track days you are probably not going to notice a tremendous adverse effect on your handling. Will you notice it? Yes. Enough to make a huge difference? Not really. I had three hole links on the rear and went to Deals gap with that and a Shinko 003. I had no problem keeping up with my group or any others that were within my level. Had the bike laid over far enough that the "chicken strips" were gone.......

You and I have a different perspective of a "Turd" I suppose. :laugh:

But the fact is by lowering the rear without the front there are many aspects of the suspension that is affected. If you are putting around town you won't notice anything major. However, this suspension setup will severly limit your ability to improve your riding skills. You'll find few to argue that point.

This is a non-argument because the person starting this thread stated clearly he has no interest in hitting corners, that said to say this Ludicrous Speed it is a fact not opinion that a lowered bike, especially a slammed bike and in particular a bike that has a drag stinko on the rear will not handle anywhere as near as good as a stock Busa. I don't have anything against you and this is not personal, it's just that I can't let people that are new to this bike or new to this sport be mislead where their safety is involved.

A lowered Busa will drag hard parts sooner and the tire you're talking about has a pretty big flat patch which is great for drag racing but no so great for corner carving.

I'm glad you have exceptional skills and proved them at the Gap. You would have left the group on a stock set up.

The thing is, once you lower it at all, it is not going to amount to a hill of beans whether you lower the front. The geometry is changed, and even if you keep the relationship the same, it will never handle the same. DadofThree is right, hard parts will drag much sooner on a lowered bike.

What I was trying to say, is that I rode my bike lowered for 6 years. The geometry was definitely NOT the limiting factor of the bike. It was ME, the rider. 99% of the riders here will NEVER use more than about 80% of the bikes ability to corner. I set my bike up to drag race, not corner. Was my tire the best for the Gap? Nope. but it was brand new and was a lot less flat than it would be after a few more trips to the track:laugh: IMO, most people that go out trying to drag a knee on a public road are accidents waiting to happen. THere are too many things that can happen on a public road. Track days are what that should be reserved for.

Not wanting to argue with anyone, because opinions are definitely strong here. WHat the OP wants is achievable IMO

So now that the thread is just about dead Im going to Jack it. I would like to lower my bike some (only cuz I like the way it looks) I want to keep the front and back the same. I was thinking 1'' but from what I've read here it sounds like my headers are going to rub. I have stock headers and I weigh 235lbs. I don't take my bike to the track or knee drag but I do hit it pretty hard from time to time. Is 1'' in the front too much?

Well after puting 300 mile om my bike this weekend I must say I love the way this bike feels. I came from a 748 ducati and I was likme there is no way this bike is going to be able slam in to or be fun in the twisties but man was I wrong!!! I really don't think I could lower it now because of that but damn they look good lowered!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Welcome to the board.

Leave it at stock height...if you really want to become a corner carver...raise the rear 1"...have fun and wear your gear!
Posted via Mobile Device

Full gear everytime i ride her! I even made my wife get hers before i let her ride with me. One bad wreck tought me that a few years ago.

Welcome to the board.

Leave it at stock height...if you really want to become a corner carver...raise the rear 1"...have fun and wear your gear!
Posted via Mobile Device

Ok I'm new here but not new to bikes so......if you raise the rear does it not change (decrease) the rake making it more prone to headshake You may realize a quicker turn in feel at the bars but the less experienced may find themselves over their head with this modification. Just my opinion and welcome debate/explanation in regards to the effect of raising/lowering the rear on overall safety. Kevin Cameron where are you???

Unless you are ricky racer and do track days you are probably not going to notice a tremendous adverse effect on your handling. Will you notice it? Yes. Enough to make a huge difference? Not really. I had three hole links on the rear and went to Deals gap with that and a Shinko 003. I had no problem keeping up with my group or any others that were within my level. Had the bike laid over far enough that the "chicken strips" were gone.......

:thumbsup:

Dog bones.. lowered 2" and was able to get down. Handles like on rails.

Back