want to lower but ride 2 up some

011busa

Registered
Hi everyone i just bought an 011 busa its my first busa and have a couple of questions. Im wanting to lower my bike some and i will be riding 2 up sometimes. Will i have problems with my front hitting with a 3/4 to maybe an inch drop and around a 2inch drop in the rear. I dont go out corner carving anymore so im not worried about that be affected. And could i adjust the stock suspension any to stiffen things up a little to help if needed.

You do have some small adjustments on the rear shock, mine used be lowered 2 inches and it rubbed a hole in my inner fender. I had to raise it back up to stock. I seemed to remember rubbing the header when I was riding 2 up also back then. You should be able to lower the front 3/4 with no issues, you will just need to be careful. Welcome to the oRg. :welcome:

If there's a high spot in the road or a low spot, turning into parking lots and / or driveways you might scrubb on the other hand if you weigh a buck fitty and the passenger weighs a buck you might be alright if you're careful. The rear inner fender and header tubes will take a beating otherwise.

I think the rear will rub, depending on your size and the size of the passenger, if your both tiny than,your safe. Otherwise, a stiffer rear spring will keep the tire out of the fender. Also, lower the front the same or a bit more than the rear or it'll handle like a dump truck. Ask me how I know..:whistle:
Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

If there's a high spot in the road or a low spot, turning into parking lots and / or driveways you might scrubb on the other hand if you weigh a buck fitty and the passenger weighs a buck you might be alright if you're careful. The rear inner fender and header tubes will take a beating otherwise.

Hey, there is no "Buck" size passengers anymore! Not since the discovery of "French Fries"! :thumbsup:

Lowering your bike creates it's own set of negative issues. Limited suspension travel creates the most issues.

Well i weigh a little more then a buck fifty but who doesn't :laugh: I kinda figured that this is what i would hear but i was hoping not. I really like the way the bike handles now but i love the way they look when they are lowered. I need a second bike :lol:

I was looking at the soupys and was thinking about doing just the rear. But didnt know how that would look. And with riding 2 up some I don't want to take a chance on tearing up the bike. If it was just me I would slam it. And thanks for the help guys not that its making my decision any easier if u know what I mean...
Posted via Mobile Device

And has anyone only lowered the rear and if so do you have pics? I know fastfrog007 said it would handle like crap if the rear is dripped more then the front any other opinions on that?
Posted via Mobile Device

If your intent is to lower the bike for looks, by all means lower both ends. Lowering only the rear looks silly as hell and it will ride like a turd. No joke!

That was kinda my thoughts on it and I don't wasn't to half a** my bike. Still figured I would get some other opinions also.
Posted via Mobile Device

I did this on my '06 because they do lQQk badazz lowered but it caused a tremendous problem for me that I will deeply regret the rest of my life. So give it some thought.

if youre just gonna be cruising and not carving corners go ahead an lower it. i lowered both of mine with no problems. and the thing about the dog bones is you can change the height in about 15 minutes so slam it when you riding alone and raise it a little when youre planning on having a passenger. i used the front spacers(1" drop) and the (0'",2",4") dog bones on the back.
my .02

I've got an '02 with a +6" arm on it. It is lowered 1" in the front and has the adjustable links in the rear, it sits maybe 1.5"-2" lower in the rear most of the time. I go about 335 lbs and my passenger is about 130lbs.......The key my friend IS THE SHOCK !!! Don't play games. Don't try to get by with over-adjusting the stock one. Have your shock re-valved and use a heavier spring !!!! I had Loni do mine.....I do recommend their shop. It ran about $225 to have my shock done through them (including the new spring). Loni @ 1-626-443-8825

Well i think im going to wait to lower it and put that towards exhaust for now. Thanks for all the info guys.

I lowered the front 1" and the rear about 2". Im 240# and my wife's "official" weight is 115. We have no problems 2 up.

I gotta laugh at all these people saying the handling will be like a turd, etc if you just lower the rear.

Unless you are ricky racer and do track days you are probably not going to notice a tremendous adverse effect on your handling. Will you notice it? Yes. Enough to make a huge difference? Not really. I had three hole links on the rear and went to Deals gap with that and a Shinko 003. I had no problem keeping up with my group or any others that were within my level. Had the bike laid over far enough that the "chicken strips" were gone.......

Back