wait a min, perez hilton was a miss america judge?

now, not to invite the banstick, but the last time i checked, gay is a behavior. someone's preference is not usually evident in public, ie., unless you're a teenager making out at lunch time. most people do what they do in private. those who CHOOSE to call attention to their preference, are drawing the judgement and scrutiny upon themselves.

that term was indeed used in jest, i happen to have a fair number of hispanics in my family, and there was no malicious intent behind the use of that particular word. if blanca is lurking around, please take this as a formal apology, i meant no disrespect to your wife bro. any woman who lets her hubby park his busa in the living room is ok by me for sure:cheerleader:

about irish catholics blowing stuff (typically cars) up, i do not agree with terrorism, however, they are not trying to blow ME up, so we are not at odds. so again, if i am prejudiced against a group, it's based upon how their actions (not their thoughts) affect me. perhaps this is a very narrow world view, but it's my world view.

now, if anyone is offended by the views in this thread, i hope the mods would not hesitate to delete the thread (i know i would have already, in light of recent events). however, i'd like to remind those of you who are offended that there are a number of other, non controversial sections and threads contained within this fantastic website, and rather than continue to be offended may choose to direct themselves over to those sections, and let this thread die. i'm actually sorry i started it.

are you really defending a comment that equates a man to "IT", and propses that we should banish homosexuals to siberia...

really?

those who CHOOSE to call attention to their preference, are drawing the judgement and scrutiny upon themselves.

Ogre, i do point out, that there is a MAJOR difference between public scruitiny, and predjudicial actions etc.

For instance, in the same way when someone chooses to carry a weapon (ccw or open carry) they are subject to a certain amount of public scrutiny.

HOWEVER, if we attack them with predjudice, by suggesting anyone who carries a weapon should be shipped out of the country etc. we have crossed a line, and are crossing over to infringing on civil liberties other issues...

that said, plenty of people condem the people in my example as well as with people of different race, creed, or sexual identity....

but in either case....it doesnt make it ok..

the person who uses predjudice or other malice to attack another person, be it over their right to bare arms, or their right to any sexual preference they wish is in the wrong...

The challenge is: To voice your opinion, but do it in a thoughtful way which respects the other persons rights as well not only to exsist, but to choose, and do those things promissed by our Constitution and Decleration of Independence.

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness..

my .02

dude, i'm sorry, being christian, i can't draw a parallel between gun ownership and being homosexual. perez hilton is openly and obnoxiously gay. if he was straight, and dressed and acted like this :

Perez%20Hilton.jpg

perezhilton.jpg

i still wouldn't like him. i don't mind gay people. i have gay friends, so what? i was trying to diffuse your overreaction to blanca's comment so my thread wouldn't get muddied up by you two arguing. my thread was questioning why a gay man, who doesn't like women, is judging a beauty pageant. that doesn't make sense. it's like a vegetarian deciding who cooked the best steak. how the deuce would they know? i was pointing out the irony, and someone decided to start a fight in my thread. why can't we all just laugh at stupid junk together?:moon:

beauty pagents have a criteria they judge. they judge physical fitness, poise and posture, an thier ability to walk across the stage....

add to that a personal interview and a talent .....

its not about physical attraction. as the hottest women usually do not win..

Back