Virginia - WV Fall Ride 2005

OK, so it was great to have met the new folks and to see the old... I had a blast, even fixing a hardley to get it road worth after the spill. (more on that later)
smile.gif

Anyway, we started with 18 and the furthest participants were Nathan and Crystal from Kentucky (nice to have met you both)
smile.gif
 started out a little late waiting on Michelle and Mike from Chesapeak (?) but they made it... uh um Tom where you at.  It was great the twisties were sweet and the weather was perfect.  

Moving on... about 2 hours into the ride, I think, there was a mishap with a hardley and set a few of us back by like an hour cause we had to bend some shid back into place from the spill.  The harley rider got a little ambitous and it ended with a lowside and a tumble (?) everyone came out oK however there were several peaces of chrome that had to be bend back out to get the scoot rode worthy.  Didn't seem like much damage, chrome crash bars seemed to do there job and take the brunt of it, the saddle bags got scratched up and the camaro will need a new front bumper and I think a quater panel.  After the wrench work we got back on track and met up with everyone at the lunch spot.  Several went on several split off.  

All in all I had a great time, big thanks to the organizers of such a great route, the parts that I rode at least, DJ, Warren, Paul.  I've got pics that I will upload when I get my laptop running, don't have a usb connection on my server.

more later.....
It was nice meeting you and everyone else also.

Wish we could of made it more, but we were 100 miles closer to home at the second stop and our backs were just giving out on us.
Glad you guys made it back safe....
smile.gif
+2

smile.gif

smile.gif

And Tom - we missed you! I'm so sorry you had a migraine; been there too many times, just lucky it's never kept me from a ride with the gang...

Hope you're feeling better...
sad.gif

Glad you made it back safely Michelle, and also very glad Mike is OK after the little spill. We enjoyed having you both along as always. By the way, Tom did show his face later in the afternoon. He rode out and intercepted the pack near Seneca Rocks, then rode back to Harrisonburg with us.

And Tom - we missed you!  I'm so sorry you had a migraine; been there too many times, just lucky it's never kept me from a ride with the gang...

Hope you're feeling better...
sad.gif
I made it! It's amazing what 600 mlgs of pain reliever will do. Got to harrisinburg at noon and called DJ. They were actually stopped in Elkins when I called. Told them I would probably meet them around Seneca Rocks. I passed the gang very close to Seneca, heading towards Franklin, and quickly turned around and caught up. We all rode straight through to Harrisonburg and arrived at 5:20 PM. It was then that i heard about the two accidents, Mike's and P-Finn's. P-Finn flipped his Busa over on top of him. He was okay-enough to make it home though. Warren, Paul (GMBusa), and I had dinner in Harrisonburg and then headed home. I made it back to stafford at 9:15 PM, covered with bugs! Glad to have got to ride with some of you, and we will start planning our Winter 06 ride very soon! Just kidding! The Spring ride details will be posted up in a few months. Warren, DJ, Paul, and I will put the Spring 06 ride together.

Take care all!

P.

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129498089 -->

Well Group,
We can look at our Fall ride as a glass half empty or a glass half full! Myself being an eternal optimist would prefer the half full approach. Although we did have some unfortunate mishaps, as far as I know everyone who rode out rode back in and that is a very good thing! As all of us are undoubtedly aware, everytime we mount our trusted steeds we determined that the joy and excitement of the ride outweighs the attendant risks. And I'm sure our loved ones remind us of the risks in no uncertain terms each time we head out! However,
I'm always reminded that getting out of bed in the morning can be an inherently risky behavior! So I say...did someone mention something about a Winter ride!! As always, good to see everyone yesterday and look forward to when we meet again!!
Ride safe,
Busabad

Glad you made it back safely Michelle, and also very glad Mike is OK after the little spill.  We enjoyed having you both along as always.  By the way, Tom did show his face later in the afternoon.  He rode out and intercepted the pack near Seneca Rocks, then rode back to Harrisonburg with us.
Warren, who is going to post the pictures?

Thanks!

Tom.

Tom, wish you could of made it at the start to meet up with you.
My wife and I was just hurting too much to continue and it was a long ride home.

Glad you made it back safely Michelle, and also very glad Mike is OK after the little spill.  We enjoyed having you both along as always.  By the way, Tom did show his face later in the afternoon.  He rode out and intercepted the pack near Seneca Rocks, then rode back to Harrisonburg with us.

Thanks!

Tom.
Tom, is a link to the pictures posted.

Thanks!

Tom.
Tom, is a link to the pictures posted.
Thank you! See you next Spring hopefully.

Tom.

Oh, great Tom...glad you met up with them...sorry I didn't get to see you, but there will be plenty of other times...

And sorry to hear about P Finn...I missed that one...damn...
sad.gif
He's okay though? I sure hope so...

Mike's okay...ego's in check and he knows he did something pretty stupid. I think it shook him up a bit. I've known Mike 22 years now and he's never had an accident that was his own fault, and never gone down on a bike. Andy, the guy that owns the Harley, was more concerned about Mike than his bike. Andy's the best kind of friend and he's very much down the earth...I hate that we had to give him the bad news, but at least no one was hurt...in the end, that's all that matters...

It was a rough trip back though guys...ever felt like you're riding someone else's bike? That was me from the moment I got on Saturday morning...guess it's the down time with surgery and lack of muscles from skipping the gym for over two months! I ached all over, but happy to report the surgical site was a-okay!
wink.gif

I hope we didn't ruin things for the other riders, and I'm SO sorry I didn't get to sit and talk to all of the new faces. I'm not even sure who everyone was that was there; just didn't get to say hi...

Thanks guys, for setting this all up, again...I'm way past due to head one up all by myself, and I think in light of Mike's accident, he should be on board to do the same...

Oh, and did I mention just how much I SUCKED in the twisties?! Good grief...
sad.gif

sad.gif

Michelle ... stop beating yourself up. You just had back surgery a few weeks ago for goodness sake. You're a warrior for even riding as far and a much as you did. You will be 100% for the Spring Ride and back to leaning in the twisties the way that you know you can.

Thanks everyone for participating ... especially the new editions to our little VA Ride Group. Big thanks to Mr and Mrs Pipefighter ( Nathan & Crystal ) as they rode 2-up all the way from Kentucky. Another intestinal fortitude award also goes out to UUBUSA (Paul) who is also made it the ride while in recovery from a very serious injury. All in all it was a good group ride on a very good and demanding route. A lot of people rode several hours to meet up and make this happen to include Big E (Eric), Busabad (Darryll), P Finn Jr (Pete) just to name a few. Everytime we meet up I get to know some really great people and I always learn something valuable during the day. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again and a lot more riders for the Spring Ride '06
smile.gif
Thanks again Martin and everybody else for helping our fellow riders Mike and Pete when they needed you and thanks to His grace and goodness they are both okay! Warren you set a great pace and I really appreciate you leading. Bill ... you are the man ... sweet bike and a awesome rider. I hope we didn't bore you. Nathan ... you were riding those twisties like it's an everyday thing for you ... way to flick the Busa and riding 2-up too. Tom also gets an award for being hardcore and determined to ride with us. For the rest of you folks that live closer to those mountains ... I am sooo jealous. I hope everybody enjoyed the ride, the route, the company, the scenery, and the weather as much as I did! Tom, Paul, and Warren, I think we have a great thing going here. Let's start planning for the Spring Ride
smile.gif

smile.gif

Michelle ... stop beating yourself up. You just had back surgery a few weeks ago for goodness sake. You're a warrior for even riding as far and a much as you did. You will be 100% for the Spring Ride and back to leaning in the twisties the way that you know you can.

Thanks everyone for participating ... especially the new editions to our little VA Ride Group. Big thanks to Mr and Mrs Pipefighter ( Nathan & Crystal ) as they rode 2-up all the way from Kentucky. Another intestinal fortitude award also goes out to UUBUSA (Paul) who is also made it the ride while in recovery from a very serious injury. All in all it was a good group ride on a very good and demanding route. A lot of people rode several hours to meet up and make this happen to include Big E (Eric), Busabad (Darryll), P Finn Jr (Pete) just to name a few. Everytime we meet up I get to know some really great people and I always learn something valuable during the day. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again and a lot more riders for the Spring Ride '06
smile.gif
Thanks again Martin and everybody else for helping our fellow riders Mike and Pete when they needed you and thanks to His grace and goodness they are both okay! Warren you set a great pace and I really appreciate you leading. Bill ... you are the man ... sweet bike and a awesome rider. I hope we didn't bore you. Nathan ... you were riding those twisties like it's an everyday thing for you ... way to flick the Busa and riding 2-up too. Tom also gets an award for being hardcore and determined to ride with us. For the rest of you folks that live closer to those mountains ... I am sooo jealous. I hope everybody enjoyed the ride, the route, the company, the scenery, and the weather as much as I did!  Tom, Paul, and Warren, I think we have a great thing going here. Let's start planning for the Spring Ride
smile.gif
Thanks for all you did too DJ to set this up! I vote for the very same route as our Spring 06 Ride. Let's see what the others think.

Tom.
(aka: Migrane Man)

smile.gif

DJ...thanks for the kind words...
smile.gif
I still feel like a heel, but it too shall pass...
tounge.gif
Mike kept apologizing on the way home for "messing up my ride", so he felt pretty badly about it all...I told him I'm just glad he was okay; our day could have been soooo much worse...

"The Others" think the same route would be fine; Mike loves the twisties and I just need to learn how to ride 'em...I've got to get my Busa legs back 'cause I felt like that wasn't my bike...I swear, I was fighting it all damn day...
mad.gif

smile.gif
tounge.gif
 Mike kept apologizing on the way home for "messing up my ride", so he felt pretty badly about it all...I told him I'm just glad he was okay; our day could have been soooo much worse...

"The Others" think the same route would be fine; Mike loves the twisties and I just need to learn how to ride 'em...I've got to get my Busa legs back 'cause I felt like that wasn't my bike...I swear, I was fighting it all damn day...  
mad.gif
Shell, I second what DJ said, and you tell Mike that he did not mess the day up at all! Especially mine, as I wasn't there for that part.

wow.gif

No one else was  complaining, in fact, they were all very concerned about Mike and Paul (P-Finn). Tell Mike not to sweat it, and we look forward to seeing you both next Spring. I hope to have a few more 1/2 day jaunts, and maybe we can hook up.

Take care, and I also wanted to say that you were very brave for riding so soon after surgery! You're an "Iron-Lady!" Now you have the rep as an Iron Lady and a Butt Kicker...

laugh.gif

Be have.

Tom.

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129566151 -->

smile.gif
tounge.gif

mad.gif
Shell, I second what DJ said, and you tell Mike that he did not mess the day up at all! Especially mine, as I wasn't there for that part.

wow.gif

No one else was  complaining, in fact, they were all very concerned about Mike and Paul (P-Finn). Tell Mike not to sweat it, and we look forward to seeing you both next Spring. I hope to have a few more 1/2 day jaunts, and maybe we can hook up.

Take care, and I also wanted to say that you were very brave for riding so soon after surgery! You're an "Iron-Lady!" Now you have the rep as an Iron Lady and a Butt Kicker...

laugh.gif

Be have.

Tom.
I'm IRON LADY butt kicker on the Pink Busa...
laugh.gif

I set my odometer...I did 500 miles...and I felt every single minute of it!

Thanks Tom...I mean it...and yeah, I'm up for a 1/2 run somewhere...
cool.gif

laugh.gif

smile.gif
Thanks again Martin and everybody else for helping our fellow riders Mike and Pete when they needed you and thanks to His grace and goodness they are both okay! Warren you set a great pace and I really appreciate you leading. Bill ... you are the man ... sweet bike and a awesome rider. I hope we didn't bore you. Nathan ... you were riding those twisties like it's an everyday thing for you ... way to flick the Busa and riding 2-up too. Tom also gets an award for being hardcore and determined to ride with us. For the rest of you folks that live closer to those mountains ... I am sooo jealous. I hope everybody enjoyed the ride, the route, the company, the scenery, and the weather as much as I did!  Tom, Paul, and Warren, I think we have a great thing going here. Let's start planning for the Spring Ride
smile.gif
Thanks for all you did too DJ to set this up! I vote for the very same route as our Spring 06 Ride. Let's see what the others think.

Tom.
(aka: Migrane Man)
I'll second that idea. This was the best one-day route I think I've been on. Maybe we could reverse direction and do the picnic lunch thing again at Seneca Rocks? Or, maybe we could get real ambituous and do our first ovenighter deeper into twisty country. Ahhh the possibilites....

smile.gif

Yes, I want an overnight stay; some cabin somewhere please...and some beer!

...hope I make it out of the twisties in one piece though!
laugh.gif

Back