Valvoline Syn Power Full synthetic HP brake fluid?

KrunkyTB

Registered
Has anyone used Valvolines SYN power full synthetic high performance brake fluid in place of DOT 4, says it exceeds DOT 3 and DOT 4, and is compatible with conventional brake fluids, just want to see if anyone else uses it before i change out all my dot 4.  To be honest i dont even know the difference between dot 3 and 4, total  
newbie.gif

Last Fall I bled my brakes and put EBC HH pads in the front calipers. That's the brake fluid I used.

No Problems and everything works as it should.

Even with stock lines I can do 2 finger stops!

cool.gif

The difference between the two is there boiling point. It's only about a 20 degree difference. I've never used the valvoline fluid. I don't think you would notice a whole lot of difference unless your going to a lot of track days.

Thanks for info, found a store which had DOT 4 in stock so just picked some up anyhow. Figured i would run the full syn hp after i replace all the other fluids so i will be running all the same

ive tried the dot 5 silicon fluid a few years bake and regretted it
it works very well for what its made for
but you need to be constantly replacing it as it collects water and coagulates
f**ks up the master and the calipers
DOT 4 works just fine for the street and even on the track you just need to replace it a little more often

your exactly correct i wouldn't start using the other stuff till you replace all of it not just the stuff in the master

Back