Va Summer Ride

busabad

Registered
Ladies and Gentlemen,
 I'd like to propose that we try to set a date for our Summer ride. The thing is since I'm a very popular guy my dance card is rapidly filling up for the summer sooooo the sooner a date is nailed down the better!  We can work out the details later.
At this point July 16th is a good possibility for me...any thoughts from anybody out there!
Ride safe,
Busabad

Shucks ... I'd like and even earlier date like the 25th of June ... how about it Michelle and Brian??

June looks good for me, but I'm with majority rules here...if later is better, then we'll shoot for that...

DJ, June 25th would be good...next day is a concert, but I think I can swing it...

Others post up some dates...please...
cool.gif

June and July are pretty much hit and miss with me right now. You all pick the date and I will reschedule other activities if necessary, and if possible. Looking forward to it!

Tom.

well I'm open. Just not the holiday weekend
wink.gif
Maybe a poll would be in order

Cathy...in the other VA thread for the ride last week, zukracer has posted up a potential route from Williamsburg to Va Beach...just a proposal...any suggestions are welcome!
smile.gif

I'm going with SE part of the state or central VA. Too far north or west will likely be too much for me to make this next time

From experience, someone just needs to take this and plan it. We all have great ideas, but someone has to take the initiative and put it together. I am sure the majority of us will go for just about any ride. If the ride stinks, or if it rains, there is always the next ride. Just my .02

cool.gif

ok, well I've tossed the plan out there, if we want to fine tune that and ride it, great
cool.gif
if someone else has one, lets get it out on the table.

We should nail down a weekend and go for it though, time to plan a family weekend away could take a few weeks for some, that is if we do the weekender I proposed.

I'm up for anything... as always....
I wouldn't mind traveling to the lower half of the state.

I'm game for later part of June, anytime in July..... I'm liking the route Brian has offered up......

From experience, someone just needs to take this and plan it. We all have great ideas, but someone has to take the initiative and put it together. I am sure the majority of us will go for just about any ride. If the ride stinks, or if it rains, there is always the next ride. Just my .02

cool.gif
Ditto on that ... if someone takes the lead we will follow
smile.gif

ok, well I've tossed the plan out there, if we want to fine tune that and ride it, great   if someone else has one, lets get it out on the table.  

We should nail down a weekend and go for it though, time to plan a family weekend away could take a few weeks for some, that is if we do the weekender I proposed.[/QUOTE]

I'm with Zukracer...let's nail it down and go for it!
Busabad

Looks like you 'da man this time Zukracer. I'm excited about the planned route, so I say fine tune it, and lay it out there. As for dates, I'm flexible with whatever works for the majority.

well that route was planned off memory and using the GPS software
wink.gif
I'm not sure how I'm gonna fine tune it but if we are going with it, then let me put something together on a schedule. We need to pick a weekend so we can do a pre-ride and figure out the "fine tuning" the route needs.

The downside to it is the interstate driving, but there's no real way around it if we are going from Williamsburg area to VA Beach. If we just set some time lines up and some meeting places prior/post interstate to group up, everyone can ride the interstate at their own pace in smaller groups... or we could try to line up a buncha bikes and just cruise together.

Hey kids,
Mind if the old guy from Richmond joins in?

Cheers!
what part of Richmond?  and if this is in the Williamsburg area, you better be there!
cool.gif

of course if its down there Michelle will have NOOOOOO excuse this time
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|zukracer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115907689 -->

I'm in The Fan for the next couple weeks then Glen Allen. Yea I'm all about a ride down to Williamsburg or beyond.

Thanks!

Back