Ups sucks!!!!

bisquit61

Registered
I always heard so many horror stories about ups but nothing ever happened to me until today. I got a great deal on a Brocks pipe from BALLZ. (thanks) and they immediately shipped it the same day I ordered it. So I have been tracking this package like a kid on Christmas and today I expected to get it. So all day I had my front door open and I sat in my den right by my front door. After about 630pm I checked the tracking again and it said that they tried to deliver it and no one was home. So now furious as hell, I called them and they tell me some crap that they will get back with me no later than tomorrow at 8pm. WTF!!!! They even verified that the address was correct so I'm thinking the lazy ass driver was running late and said F...it I will deliver it some other time. I look at UPS now in another light. Won't be getting my business anymore...:11zpissed:

Website usually shows mine as Delivered 1-2 hours before it actually reaches my door.

I can't stand UPS either. They can't just deliver something, they always have to have something signed and stuck back on the door before they can leave the package "tomorrow". Then ever so often, they decide they need a signature in person before they can deliver it at all. So I have to make the 60 mile round trip to the UPS center to pick it up in person, "tomorrow".
If I can't get someone to send my stuff USPS, I have it delivered to my work. Bout the only way I can get my things through UPS without a 2 day hassle and/or a long drive after work.

COMEON guys, you can get a package from across the world for a reasonable price, that no other company can do...be patient! I am very impressed with what Brown and FEDEX can do WORLDWIDE, and I'm glad they are AMERICAN COMPANY's. Internet commerce could not function without these logistics systems, or would you rather it go thru USPS??

I will pay extra for FedEx overnight before giving UPS any money. They ruined a set of custom painted (and insured) plastics took almost 8 months to resolve the issue and thier customer service is unpleasant at best. Our delivery guy only manages to get our packages to my door about half the time he seems to think the house two blocks down the steet with the same last two digit is our house.:banghead: I'll take USPS over UPS any day.

or would you rather it go thru USPS??

Actually, yes. That's who, if given the choice, I always ask for my stuff to be shipped by. With USPS my packages are always there when I get home, no signing and sticking, no having to go pick it up, no hassles, no problems.:thumbsup:

I can't stand UPS either. They can't just deliver something, they always have to have something signed and stuck back on the door before they can leave the package "tomorrow". Then ever so often, they decide they need a signature in person before they can deliver it at all. So I have to make the 60 mile round trip to the UPS center to pick it up in person, "tomorrow".
If I can't get someone to send my stuff USPS, I have it delivered to my work. Bout the only way I can get my things through UPS without a 2 day hassle and/or a long drive after work.
I know this is a bad thing but from my exp. with this it is the company that you are getting things that require the sig. If I know it has to be signed for I will put a note on the door and they will leave it. Of course they keep the note for there thing and who is to say they would not take the note and keep the item to but that has never happened so far. For me from the 3 UPS, USPS and Fed Ex. UPS has been the best for me.

I can not remember the last time I have had to sign anything for UPS and FedEx. I have had them leave 500 rounds of ammo on my doorstep with no signature needed. They do not even knock or ring the doorbell anymore. The dog tells me when the trucks pull up and someone walks near the house! :laugh:

Well I've never had an issue with FEDEX or UPS. However items sent to me by two oRg members via USPS resulted in empty torn packages being delivered. I complained both times and it resulted in lectures about using the more expensive and insured forms of delivery.

UPS and FEDEX just lay my stuff at the front door or inside my garage. And I actually get the stuff. Now my junk mail is safe through USPS, cause I get it all the time :laugh:

I know this is a bad thing but from my exp. with this it is the company that you are getting things that require the sig. If I know it has to be signed for I will put a note on the door and they will leave it. Of course they keep the note for there thing and who is to say they would not take the note and keep the item to but that has never happened so far. For me from the 3 UPS, USPS and Fed Ex. UPS has been the best for me.

It was Rocky Mountain ATV. I get dirt bike tires from them several times a year, never had to sign in person for delivery of anything from them before. As for just leaving a note on the door, forget it. The driver will stick his own note right over it saying I have to sign it and leave it stuck to the door and he'll leave the package "tomorrow". That one time the note said I had to "sign for the package in person", or they wouldn't leave it at all. I was working mandatory overtime at the time and couldn't take off to wait for the guy to show up. I had to call UPS, have them hold the tires, then drive over to the main freight center after work and pick them up. Took 3 days and an extra hour on the end of a 10 hour day from the time I should have had it setting on my door step. Total PITA.

Well I've never had an issue with FEDEX or UPS. However items sent to me by two oRg members via USPS resulted in empty torn packages being delivered. I complained both times and it resulted in lectures about using the more expensive and insured forms of delivery.

UPS and FEDEX just lay my stuff at the front door or inside my garage. And I actually get the stuff. Now my junk mail is safe through USPS, cause I get it all the time :laugh:

When I was getting plastics from Ebay last winter for the bike rebuild, I had almost everything sent USPS. Also had a complete fork assembly and front wheel for the dirt bike sent USPS. None of it arrived damaged in any way. I've sent small parts in padded or simply doubled envelopes, everything arrive in perfect condition. Dirt bike carb and cylinder head to Oregon and back via USPS, arrived in perfect condition both ways. As I said, I've never had a single problem with USPS. In all fairness, I've never gotten anything that was damaged through UPS either. Main problem has always been the over the top hassle with delivery. Solved that problem by having anything from a place that won't ship any other method except UPS, delivered to my work.
I still always check the USPS box in the "shipping preferences" column if it's available.

That has happened to me twice in the past via UPS. Waiting all day at my house for a package yet UPS says they tried but no one was home :banghead: those drivers are LAZY.

Life goes on man, chill out. Your parts will be delivered. Would you rather have the USPS deliver your package? :rofl::rofl:
The USPS sucks, bigtime.

I think the UPS guy is scared of my house. He will knock but he runs back to his truck before I can make it across the living room.

USPS has "lost" the last 3 packages I have had sent. One time they left a note on the door sayin they did dnt deliver, and then delivered it to my neighbor THE SAME DAY. one was delivered to the wrong address and they said they wouldn't replace (I called and they told me the address it was delivered to, residents denied receiving it). And the third they claimed it made it to my neighborhood post office but could not be found. Never got compensated to anything.

I will take a day late package any day over one never delivered.

Strange that everyone has all these problems with USPS, and in years I've never had a single glitch of any sort with them. Guess they must like me better than you all.:laugh:

Back