Unfreakinbelievable!

TXBusa05LE

Registered
2nd one. Other side this time. Crap 2 Bros!

DSC00004.JPG

I feel for U that sucks.  But that is a perfect picture.  Just enough shadow, not too much lighting.  The break speaks volumes in its subtlety.
beerchug.gif

Deburr the edges of the hole before you put the next one on. Might help.

Hey Bro if you want to come to Austin we can fabricate a couple of new ones for you that I am sure will be stronger.
beerchug.gif

I sthat a metal spacer between the clamp and the bracket? Couldn't the metal on metal vibes of that cause it to do this?

I sthat a metal spacer between the clamp and the bracket? Couldn't the metal on metal vibes of that cause it to do this?
I was thinking this too... it cant be good on the clamps to have metal on metal. Even the stock cans have that rubber piece that goes helps with vibration and overall movement.

I think it's from all that aggressive riding you've been doing lately...

She's built for speed but man... slow her down...
bowdown.gif

Ouch...this is a Two Brothers pipe? I was looking at their stuff but now...hmmmmm.

I have the same problem, C4 polished aluminum, love the cans,but I too have broken two staps in the same spot. Drove me nuts trying to figure out what was going on. If you look at stock cans the mounting bracket is offset to the inside so it bolts close to the footpeg mount. With TB the strap is in the centre of the cans so they give you that spacer to step it out. The problem now is because of the rubber grommet in the foot peg mount and the offset, there is movement which eventually breaks the strap.
I am going to machine a couple of new spacers that does away with those rubber grommets so the cans mount solid to the foot peg mount.I'll let you know how they work out. To me this is a lousy design oversight on TB part.

Back