Trips Planned This Year

Uncomfy? I knew a guy in the 70s that rode a CB350 from San Antonio to SF...and he's still alive!!!

When I was sixteen I rode my CB450 to Yellowstone Park with my cousin who had his CB350. The following year we rode to Colorado on the same bikes. Fun trips! Comfort? We didn't know better. But both bikes were probably more comfortable than either R1 or R6!

One other trip Im planning in my head is a trip around Europe. Im thinking about a ferry from near my home town to Amsterdam (Holland),and then riding into Germany,then maybe the Czech republic,Austria,then touch into Italy to say that Ive been there,before Switzerland,France,Luxembourg,Belgium and then back home to the UK.
Another option is I have the chance to go and "house sit" a family member's farm house in the Murcia region of Spain.
Either one,it wont be until about September before I can go due to other commitment's.

Uncomfy? I knew a guy in the 70s that rode a CB350 from San Antonio to SF...and he's still alive!!!

I would put money on the R1 being harder to rack miles on! Even for a superbike, it is more ass up/hands down then pretty much anything made! Haven't been on a CB in a million moons, but I do remember the seat being fairly plush! One of the other bikes that I didn't buy from him is an old Phazer...which would be much more ass forgiving. That didnt sound gay did it?! Not that there is anything wrong with that of course!
Troy

I would put money on the R1 being harder to rack miles on! Even for a superbike, it is more ass up/hands down then pretty much anything made! Haven't been on a CB in a million moons, but I do remember the seat being fairly plush! One of the other bikes that I didn't buy from him is an old Phazer...which would be much more ass forgiving. That didnt sound gay did it?! Not that there is anything wrong with that of course!
Troy

The old CBs had to have plush seats, that was about the only suspension it had.

The R1 would be a rough ride alright. That jockey riding position would get old real fast as the miles rolled by. I sold my 93 Ducati 999 to a guy who flew up from San Diego and said he was going to ride it back...taking two days! I loved that lil bike but my hands were killing me after just a couple hours. Good luck with the Yammy. Just think of it as a series of day rides. Stop often to regain the blood flow to your hands and prevent possible CTS symptoms.

Def! Planning about 500 each day for the first 2, then about 300 a day after. No hurry. Of course it only goes just over a hundred miles on a tank anyway....shitty mpgs.
Troy

Back